FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 246>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2008 at 9:02am

Have a nice time in Taupo Sally - I used to love our summer holidays there. We don't have a stoller, but do use our backpack a lot for things like supermarket shopping etc (although we'll have to start watching out he doesn't start pulling things off shelves soon).

Hope everyone with colds is feeling better and that the tummy bug is well and truly gone now Peanut. How was the birthday party? Or do you have another one today too - I'm losing track!

Wow, so glad we don't have to pay rent in Auckland - can't believe how expensive it is to live there . Our mortgage is $400/week. When we have another baby (AF arrived yesterday by the way, so was reading too much into it as usual) I hope DH will be able to find a job for 6 months so I can stay home for longer than the 14 weeks PPL. For most of his working life he was a radio announcer, but since moving down here he has been a building labourer (when our house was built) and then a ranger looking after rare snails ... so he's willing to try his hand at anything .

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone - had a nice day (even though I went to work). Jimmy *signed* a birthday card that DH made for me ... was a pretty cute signature and even in the right place! We went out for dinner while Mum stayed home to babysit Jimmy - she's staying for the weekend. She was stoked, because yesterday morning I was telling Jimmy "that's Granny, ..Granny" and he immediately said "Nanni!" and has been calling her that ever since. I'm amazed he picked it up so quickly and more than a bit jealous because he still sometimes confuses Mum mum and Dad dad when *talking* to me.

Sponsored Links

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2008 at 8:16pm
Have fun in Taupo, Sally!! Have looked at umbrella strollers also but find them all really low to push...and I am definately not tall!!! Might have to have a nose at the P&T one (am a bit of a P&T snob).

We are both over our tummy bug but still have colds but hey, he seems much happier today.

We had a party yesterday and it was great. It was about 30 degrees so they filled up a couple of paddling pools and the kids went nuts.

We had the Plunket one at our house today and it went really well! We had heaps of comments on how well it went. I borrowed heaps of big toys of people like the playhouse thing and a blow up train full of balls. Sent all the kids home with a loot bag (sippy cup, bubbles, marshmellows and a balloon on a stick). I just so love parties and when you don't have to do all the food it takes all the stress out of it. All the parents had to bring a cupcake for their child so I made mac a pig one and a bear for his wee friend whose Mum can't cook to save herself (we are good friends). Will put some photos up tomorrow.

I am so jealous that all your babes say "mum". mac is just not interested in saying much except Bub and dad

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 2:23pm
Um Peanut... no thats per week not a fortnight... you wanna swap mortgages?

Sounds like the party went well! I'm such a lazy tart that I can't be assed doing that sort of stuff so well done We'll know who to come to when we need a venue
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 5:38pm

Your Plunket party sounded great Peanut  - can just imagine all the kids having heaps of fun. I still haven't organised anything for Jimmy's birthday yet - eek!

Jimmy had so much fun on Sunday afternoon when his friend (2 weeks older) came to visit. They're both crawling and spent ages chasing each other round the lounge shrieking and giggling. Made me realise I'm getting impatient now and definitely ready to be pregnant again - just can't wait for him to have a wee brother or sister to play with. So hate that my body isn't cooperating .

Just had an upper wisdom tooth pulled out - was booked in for lunchtime tomorrow, but they phoned this morning to ask if I'd swap to this afternoon as they'd had a cancellation. The dentist literally gripped onto it, wiggled about three times, then I heard a *snap* kind of sound and thought OMG what was that, one more wiggle and next thing he was waving the tooth in my face and grinning. Easy peasy, don't know why I was so nervous about it . The side of my tounge is still numb though.

I'm going to do a three day horse trek not this weekend but the next - woo hoo . Poor DH isn't happy about having to stay home and look after Jimmy alone, but I've wanted to do this for a few years now and thought I may as well while I can. Both my horse and I are really unfit but thought what the heck, the trek is at walking pace so I'm sure we'll be able to tough it out ....hmm, perhaps I'm being way too optimistic . Will have to dig out my camping gear though - has been years since I camped anywhere!

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 2:38pm
Hey everyone!

Just thought that I would touch base and let you know that we are alive and kicking. Haven't had much time to pop onto ohbaby lately should make more of an effort!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 8:42pm
Hi ladies, we are back from OZ, trip went well, extended it an extra week. Will post more tomorrow :)

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 1:30pm
Welcome back Tara. Great to hear that your holiday was such a success. How was Phee on the plane? Did you get up to anything much over there?

Our wee holiday was lovely. We didn't do all that much because the weather wasn't great but DH & I did manage to get out to the hot pools while MIL baby sat which was nice .

The party sounds cool Peanut & you definitely are the party queen around here . I hear you on the umbrella stroller height thing. I also find that I tend to walk into the wheels as well which is pretty annoying. I might go & have another look on the weekend.

DH is away until Sunday so it's just me & Liam until then. I hope he's going to be a good boy for his Mummy! He's become such a "handful" lately & it's near impossible to change him, dress him, bath him etc as he won't keep still . Ahhh fun times ahead
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 2:51pm
Kakapo having wisdom teeth out is pretty cool huh? Did you get to keep it?

The trek sounds cool! I've never ridden a horse. Can you tell I'm a city girl? Well actually I was put on one when I was 7 and it turned around and bit me on the ankle! I don't blame it though - it was hot, there was no shade, and it had been giving rides to kids all morning. I'm not scared of them but I've just never organised to ride one - weird aye?

I sent out the invites for Rowan's birthday party yesterday - guess that means I better plan stuff although it's going to be a low key tea and cake type of thing.

Peanut Rowan only says mum when she's grizzling. But today she started signing milk every time she wants me - guess the way to differentiate between mum and dad is that mummy is the 'cow'

Hi Lisha

Welcome back Sally and Tara - glad you guys had a nice time away. Sally I haven't been to those hot pools for YEARS! It's making me miss them a bit just thinking of them.

Right well I better go and have another nap to see if I can kick the last of this darn cough/tonsillitis thingy.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 3:20pm
Hey Girls!

Pleased you had a nice time, Sally and managed a date with DH. I am solo mumming it from tomorrow until Sunday also and like you am hoping the midget is on his best behaviour. He also doesn't take kindly to being clothed or changed at the mo.

I am trying to decide if its worth buying a umbrella stroller or not cos all going to plan it will only be another 10 months and I will have 2 and will then need to use my stroller as a double one anyway.

Emz, thanks for the mortgage swap offer but think that I may pass on that one

Kakapo, your horse trek sounds cool. I really need to get away from DH and DS one weekend. I have had all 4 of mine out and must say the bottom two hurt alot more than the top - I have them all in a jar , figure when we are really desperate for cash i will stick them under my pillow

Bobbie, cute on the milk thing! Are you still BF? Mac kinda says mummumum when he is grizzling so will just pretend he is saying it!

Have had a productive couple of days here - have cleaned out mac's clothes again and am down to only 2 60L containers of his clothes, cleaned out my wardrobe as figured that alot of my clothes that I don't fit now by the time I fit them in another 18 months will be out of fashion so may as well sell them too - I now have to do the whole TM thing which is where my motivation is lagging!

Am about to sort out the last of my christmas shopping list and get that organised cos the malls are manic already!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 3:45pm
Liam only says Mum occassionally & still prefers to say dada, all day long *sigh*!!. Yesterday he did start saying "gah" which kind of sounds like "car" & he does say it when he's playing with a toy car. We say it to him all the time so I guess it's not too surprising he's picking it up. He's now "walking" behind his wooden trolley too which is so cute 0 until he hits a wall & gets frustrated that he's not moving

I've only had my bottom wisdom teeth out & they were so impacted (& growing sideways ) that the surgeon would only do them one at a time. It was not a pleasant experience! Needless to say I'm really hoping the top ones stay put in the gums...

Peanut are you going to find out the sex of your next baby? I sometimes wonder why I'm bothering to keep Liam's clothes as there's so many & I wonder if we'll ever use them again. I had a couple of things to list on trademe but chucked them in the clothing bin in the end because I never got round to putting them on trademe.

Who's doing secret Santa? Mine gave no info apart from name & address so I hope she likes what she's getting .
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 3:56pm
ooo Im doing ss .. I got my pressie (and 'd it)

Sal .. mine is actually harder this year as I "know" the person ... it makes me think the pressie should be cooler .. lol
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:05pm
Lol LF, I know what you mean but I'm sure she'll love it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:07pm
Sorry ignore this, I'm just seeing if my username has changed
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:07pm
Wow you already got your pressie? Organised!

I was going to buy mine this week but now I'm under the weather so it will have to be next week.

Yep I'm still BFing.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:15pm
You legend, Bobbie!

Ohhh, what did you get Lil fatty?

I am doing ss. I know nothing about my person so had to do a wee bit of ohbaby stalking but posted it yesterday so hopefully she likes it

Sally, No we having a surprise for number 2 also. I go through Mac's stored clothes every 6 weeks (ish) and look at it again as some things I have kept and when I look at them again, I decide that I didn't love them that much round one so doubt they will get used round two. Not that it matters as am having a GIRL anyway

What you changing your name too?

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:19pm
Oh and Lil fatty, because of all your talk of a new buggy ( i have new buggy envy) I went for a nose at Baby City today as had to go there anyway and the P&T dash looks good (only $799) so cheaper than the vibe but has the plastic feet bit. Am so jealous as I don't get a new buggy so am stuck with mine forever!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:20pm
My name change didn't work which is probably just as well as I really can't think of anything "cool" . I was going to change it to Manny (our nickname for Liam) but it's probably a bit lame in hindsight.

Hope you can manage to fight off the last of your bugs Bobbie

I'm just hanging out til 4.30 when I can leave & go & collect Liam. This will only be the second time I've picked him up as DH always does it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:23pm
He he Peanut you crack me up. We'll probably have to get a new stroller when #2 comes along as our current one can't be adapted for 2. Although that will depend on when #2 arrives. I've gone off TTC in Dec at the moment but as DH says that will change (& he's right).
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 6:49pm
Hi all

I can't wait to shop for a new pram either, although we can't afford new. I can't afford to do ss either so that's a bit sucky but oh well anything to stay home longer I'm happy with.

I'm thinking of applying for a part time teaching position but worried about getting pregnant (and we're not going to put #2 on hold for a part time job). What do you think? It's probably only 1-2 days a week if that so not really a biggy but would be good to get my foot in the door.

Jack does 'broom broom' noises when he pushes his cars and tractors around now very cute. And he's stopped screaming now he's constantly drugged up cos of the ear infection and teething. Can't wait for his fangs to cut, although then I guess the molars will start coming *oh joy*

Am off to check out the other threads, so have a lovely night ladies!
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 7:40pm
Hi all!

Yay DH is home tonight, has been away since Monday morning at a conference. I have had my mum staying from Akaroa for 3 days which was nice. But still hard work doing EVERTHING!! I envy you guys with one child... very hard work if you are on your own.

Miss Zoe decided to wake @ 5.30am today so my eyeballs are hanging out of my head. We headed out to The Palms today and what a mish taking Lucy. I usually just take Zoe, but decided I needed some retail therapy so took all the troops. Lucy is at that stage where she just wanders off and I spent half the time calling out to her! No fun really.

Zoe has just today started to bum shuffle... was going across the floor hard out like a little bunny. Funny to watch and she is fast!

2 weeks till she is one and 3 weeks till Lucy is 3! Still can't believe it.

As for buggys, I have one and a stroller but have been hiring a Phil & Teds double attachment one, where Lucy gets to sit underneath. Before that I was hiring a double mountain buggy. I am sure that I could have brought one by now with all the money we have spent hiring it, but then it is getting rid of it at the other end, and on TM you would get peanuts for it.

What are you getting your babies for their 1st birthdays?? I need some ideas please :o)

Edited by Lisha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 246>