FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAllergy recipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy recipes
    Posted: 24 January 2008 at 9:14pm
Add your allergen free recipes here!

Egg Free Fairy Cakes

280 g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp cocoa powder
170 g caster sugar
1 tsp bicarb of soda
290 ml milk
150 ml sunflower oil
3 tsp golden syrup (I reckon you can reduce this if you think it makes too much overall sugar).
1/2 tsp vanilla essence.

Sift flour, salt, cocoa powder and sugar into bowl.
Dissolve bicarb of soda in a little milk and pour into dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients.
Mix until smooth and put into fairy cake cases. (They rise quite a bit so don't overfill).
Bake at 180/Gas 4 for 15 mins (check just before as may be a little less time).

Make plain by missing out the cocoa but you don't have to put any extra flour in.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 3:26pm

Hmmm, I might have to try a D/F version of those, thanks! 

This is for Kels (and anyone else inclined to super easy dairy-egg-free chocolatey goodness):

Andie's choc cake/muffins (good for Alize! ).

Mix together 3c flour, 1 & 4/5c sugar, 2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 c cocoa, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt.  THEN add 1 & 4/5c cold water with 2tbsp cider vinegar mixed into it, and 150gms butter or Olivani (use Olivani if needing a dairy-free one).  Mix 'em up, use a whisk if there's too many lumps.  Pour into cake tin or muffin cups, and cook at 180centigrade for 50 mins (cake) or 30 (muffins) or 20-ish (mini-muffin cups).  Don't bother icing it unless you're out to impress!  It's rich and delish, and above all - EASY as!  Ella loves "helping" me make it and ends up covered in mix from head to toe. 

PS:  I know vinegar in a cake sounds weird, and don't worry if you can taste it in the mix - you can't in the finished product. 

Andie
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 8:36pm

Thanks Andie I was going to ask for the recipe as those mini muffins are yummy!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply