FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBirth Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 39>
Author
kobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 1:29pm
Yeah but she went down just after me and gave three pushes and baby was out, I pushed for 3 hours!!!!! Its horrible having to do the early labour part in the hospital cos everyone can hear you and knows whats going on, there is no privacy at all.
Robyn & Kobe
www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/stackyjunior
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 9:37pm
lol lizzle, i was reading the story thinking that exact same thing.. i couldn't stand that. i liked being at home.. might leave a little earlier this time cos it happened so quick, but then, lol, maybe i might just ring my midwife a bit quicker this time too so i know how i'm progressing.    robin, pushing really sucks when it takes forever. that seemed to take forever for me.. when you compare that it took only 3 hours of contractions to get to fully dialated.. taking 2 hours to push is pretty sucky.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 3:29am
I had about an hour and half of pushing. jake's head looked so weird. i remember them saying it might be coneshaped when I was pregnant, however, i also remember thinking just after giving birth "Hmm, I wonder when this thinking my child is the most beautiful will kick in, cause that heads just weird"
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 12:39pm
Janine it took me 1 and a half hours of pushing the first time, less than 5 the second time, so hopefefully your time will be less too!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 5:39pm
haha lizzle... i agree with you! newborn babies aren't the most attractive looking things in the world, no matter how much 'motherly love' you have!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 8:43pm
Once paris was cleaned up she was very cute and budha like.. like those little nanook eskimo babies.. kinda chubby and dark. but at the moment i'm doing a scrap book photo albumn..i finally started it, and have done the first 2 pages.. and there's a pic of her on the scales right after she was born and her head was reallly cone-shaped. at delivery they said her head was a little "moulded" from pushing so long... but heck, now that i look at the photos she was pretty weird. lol

kobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 9:00pm
You always think your baby is so cute and not ugly like all other babies but now I look back at some photos maybe he wasnt as cute as i first thought (still the most beautiful boy in the world though hehe) Kobe was a vontuse delivery so he had a funny suction cap shape on his head for a few days and it was all squishy and gross.
Robyn & Kobe
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 8:07am
Sophie was cute, and still look back and think she was.  I think the fact that she was a big chubby baby helped- never really had that newborn look
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 11:44am
Maya never really had the newborn look either coz she was bigger, but she was kind of squinchy and covered in vernix from being born early. Then she got jaundice, and I never realised how yellow she was until I look back now at photos and she was actually really yellow.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 11:51am
I remember jaundice. My husband and I were looking at him, saying, Wow Jake looks so tan, he has Lewis' colouring (lewis is raratongan/maori). He looked so cute.....turned out to be jaundice. I was a little disappointed.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 4:27pm
lol, yeah Paris was pretty olive, for the first little while, and had dark hair.. that all changed gradually. she got alittle jaundiced but not a heap.. we just had to keep watch on her cos mike has a genetic disorder which means he naturally makes far too much bilirubin (which is responsible for jaundice) if he gets run down it's quite noticable but otherwise he's fine.. we were quite worried it might affect Paris at birth but it didn't.. now just have to get her tested when shes a bit older for it.

She was never really new-born like either but there's a couple of pics of her at 2 weeks old, when she had lost that chubbyness, and i swear, she looked like mini-me.. it is very disturbing!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 11:38pm
Yeah, jake looks like Mini-lewis. All the girls at work keep saying "oh, it's lewis two"....oh well, maybe he'll grow out of it.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 8:49am
Kiya looks like her cousin Michal (girl), which is funny because they are not actually blood-relatives!
Or maybe it's Michal who looks like Kiya, since Kiya's the older one...

Edited by becca.l
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 12:52pm
As a baby Maya was the spitting image of me, you can't pick the difference between baby photo's of us. But now she is a little white Willie. She has his nose (kind of0 and eyelashes but she also has the most beautiful olive skin. Willie is Maori, but Maya isn't as dark as him, she's just nice and tanned.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 7:54pm
When we started at playcentre I had heaps of mothers coming up to me telling me that Angie must look like Andrew as she didn't look anything like me. She still has his expressions at times. I just take credit for her brains!
kobe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 8:32pm
People say Kobe looks like me then they see him next to his dad and change thier minds. I dont think me and Darron look the same though. He has Darrons tanned skin so hopefully he will keep that although he is going quite fair so that will look strange when he gets older.
Robyn & Kobe
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 9:21pm
yep, people usually say paris looks like me, till they see her daddy, then they say nup, she's her daddy's girl. i think she's a good mix and i can't wait to see what baby number 2 looks like. actually though, when she was born, she looked so dark and chubby like a little gypsy and we both just thought that maybe they mixed her up. lol. its so strange how much she changed.. although with her messy curls and crazy nutter attitude, she's still a gypsy.. she loves going to visit her great gran and grandad who live with the gypsy fair.. probably cos they give her balloons and she gets a free ride on grandad's merry go round. lol. as long as you give her food or presents you're paris's best friend.. i feel we might have to watch that as she gets older.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 1:23pm
Just bumping this up

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 4:58pm
Ok well since this has been bumped I should put my birth story in...

I was on weeky visits to the midwife (later stages of pregnancy) and went to the usual appt I had on Monday (31st May) did the pee on the stick test and midwife saw I had 2++'s of protein (first sign of Toxemia), my blood pressure was also high (can't remember what it was). She told me what was going on and booked me in to be monitored @ Palmerston North Hospital all day Tuesday.
Turned up Tuesday and was on the monitors (I was on all sorts and can't remember what I was on when!) - at about 6pm I had an ultrasound to see how much fluid was around baby, the lady said it was fine and that I could go home - Went home and rang Lois (my midwife) told her about the latter part of the day (she had to go to a birth) and she said "Great see you at 7:30am tomorrow" I was shocked and asked where and why and she said that I have been booked in to be induced as baby needed to come out. She thought the nurses at the hospital had told me!
Wednesday morning I turned up to the Delivery Suite and had vitals taken (blood test, B/P, urine test etc) in case anything had changed, at 8:15am Lois inserted the Prostin Gel onto my cervix, had "contractions" within 15 minutes and later found out (at 11am) that I was allergic to the gel and if baby got distressed I would be having a c-section. Sucked on the gas from about 10am till about 2pm when Lois noticed I was exhausted from the constant pain I had been having all morning so decided to give me Pethadine, Bad idea - threw up for the next hour.. but then dozed inbetween pains for the next 2 hours or so (calling them pains cause it wasn't contractions) - at about 6pm they broke my waters to try and hurry things along and put a monitor clip on baby's head. I was now in established labour and slowly dilating (From 9am - 6pm I had dilated about 2 cms I think - so cant remember details!!) From 6pm - 9pm I was having regular contractions, but babys heart rate was all over the show (eg down to 65 then up to 170). at about 8:45pm Lois rang the theatre to book me in for a emergency c-section and they decided to give me an epidural first to see if that would relax me (I was quite tense from the allergic reaction) at 9pm after having TWO epidurals (he put the first into my spinal space - hence a epidural headache!) I was starting to feel the urge to push - at 9:16pm our beautiful baby girl was born!
However when she was born she coughed and then stopped breathing (combination of fast delivery and pethadine - also dehydraton - I had 5 litres of fluid via IV - still didn't work!) So the next 30 mins they worked on her breathing etc APGAR was 2 , 5 , 10 , 10.

I didn't need stiches but after an examination by Lois a week or so later ( I told her I was VERY sore "down there") she had a look and my labia (lips!) had fused together - so had to have an operation for that (when arna was 4 weeks old) and the anesthetic dried up my milk but didn't know until she was 3 months old!!

Also had 2 blood patches for my epidural headache, first one failed as they said I could be up and around after I was out of recovery - got out of hospital and went and got some things from the supermarket then ended up back in hospital with a shocking headache - had another blood patch and was flat on my back for 24 hours...

Arna Charlie - McLean Judson born 7lb 4oz. 2 / 6 / 2004 at 9:16pm.

Sorry about the novel!!

Edited by lenabeanz
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 6:52pm
Far out Lena you didn't have much luck did you ! Pethadine makes me sick too but luckily I knew about it beforehand and so I could avoid it during labour.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 39>