FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWheat free honey oat biscuits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The_Stuarts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Stuarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheat free honey oat biscuits
    Posted: 26 February 2008 at 10:09am
We made these last night and Michaela loves them. It should make 30 if you don't let your child eat the uncooked biscuits.

Ingredients:
125g butter (softened)
˝ cup sugar
2 T honey
1 cup healtheries gluten free baking mix
1 t baking powder
˝ t mixed spice
1˝ cups rolled oats

Cream butter, sugar and honey until pale.

Sift baking mix, baking powder and mixed spice into the butter mix then add rolled oats. Mix well.

Roll tablespoons full of mix into balls and put on baking tray. Flatten with a fork and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15 mins or until golden.
Sponsored Links

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 12:44pm
Great! Thanks for that :) We need wheat free recipes! Elle's wheat free ATM but she is soooo hungry all the time now as I guess rice based foods aren't as filling.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
The_Stuarts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Stuarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 1:06pm
I have been gluten free since 2004 so have acquired lots of yummy recipes. I will try and post child friendly ones regularly for those that need them (I have a great cheese scone recipe and my favourite savoury muffins are really easy to whip up).

Did you know you can get gluten (and wheat) free pizzas and burgers? Elle's probably a bit young still but burger fuel do gluten free burgers and you can also buy the burger buns separately from them 1/2 doz for $6 (good for making filled rolls). Both Hell and One Red Dog do gluten free pizza bases.
 Post Reply Post Reply