FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 590591592593594 694>
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 8:34am
aw Kel I'm so sorry that must be awful. K has done the running off and sliding to the floor thing, he does it when he gets really worked up about not getting his own way though so it doesn't make me feel too bad. Sorry about your dodgy genetics too, we all have faults though, no one has perfect genetics, I have my dads big nose and my mums double chin

That's so sad about your friend pickle, I teared up just reading it, it really does put things in perspective.

I never buy newborn stuff for people, well expect my friend who had teeny tiny twins, but then newborn stuff didn't fit until they were older anyway. I always buy for 3 months cos you get overloaded with so much newborn stuff they never wear it all.

S's party went well once we got there...lol, he wanted to be fashionable late. My car stopped working on the slip road to the motorway, a good place to breakdown thought I had run out of petrol, the tank was really low but the light hadn't come on, was wanting to go to BP to fill up cos I have a 10c off voucher. So DH ran home in the torrential freezing rain, got his car and some petrol for mine, filled it up but nope wouldn't go so ended up have to tow us down the motorway and back home which was terrifying, S thought it was hilarious though and K fell asleep, then all into dh's car then to S's party. Dh thinks maybe the fuel pump on mine has blown up. Stupid cars.
Those on facebook I put up pics of S's party.

I'm studying from home today, not sure how much study I will actually do though. DH's car booked in for a wheel alignment so I couldn't take that one to college, the boys are with the carer but I'm not very good at doing any study when home as you can tell as I'm on here

Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:20am
That is so sad, but also nice for everyone to show their support. It must be a hard decision to stop fighting it and just give her her peace. I cant imagine ever being able to make that decision. HUGS to your friend!

Kel, I hate that when they do that slide to the floor thing. But like M said, mine are mostly due to tantrums but I do still get the hysterical screaming for no reason that nothing can console! I am blaming teeth.

We have all had colds (mines pretty bad so I cant imagine what the boys are like)...but when I took James to the doc after 2 nights of screaming, ears, chest, throat all fine so it must be bloody teeth. We have finally cut No 8!!!

Tom hasnt been sleeping well for ages. he is waking every night and wanting to come up to our bed and if we refuse he totally melts down. Its just not worth it! Everynow and again he spends the whole night in his bed but its not happening often enough for me. He is so upset when he wakes that ONLY I can go to him. If DH does he totally loses it. Its bloody annoying.

Right now they are sitting at their table looking very sorry for themsleves. I have work this afternoon and I think DH is going away today and wont be able to pick them up early or come home. I know I probably shouldnt send them to daycare but I really need to go to work. I will see how they go this morning. Hopefully I can get them both down for sleeps this morning...but they both woke up late so dont like my chances. Tom seems to be dropping his day sleeps and only wants them a few times a week.

Man my head is sore!!! I have such a pounding headache. Think its sinus! Have taken panadol and just waiting for it to kick in.

S's photos were cool M. Looks like he had a good time. I had totally forgotten that we have 9 weeks till our 3rd birhtday. I have NO idea what to get him. He already has the same mocka bike. He loves it and is getting good fast! James is like K and gets really pissed that he cant ride it! But he is just too little. He could ride the wishbone bike we borrowed from toy library so he thinks he should be able to ride them all.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:17am
Hmmm read on the reflux org website that a fear of food is reflux related Damn it, maybe that's why he's super happy to eat his breakfast cause he doesn't reflux from it. Maybe I should just feed him porridge & wheat bics all day

Well he woke a box of birds this morning. He did wake around 4.30am & then again at 6 when DH got up. Bum has eczema all over it though

Least we haven't had our usual monday fights here which is great!

Oh crap M, I've been towed down off a really windy road & thank god AA had a solid tow bar thing so I just had to steer.

I was shocked Nikki as he's never done it before. He was just terrified of what I was going to give him.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 11:09am
I have a cold too but luckily I seem to be the only one with it. My voice has gone all weird. Hope you and the boys feel better soon Nikki.

aw poor Cooper. Wonder if you could make meals based on porridge? to slowly get him happier eating other foods.

yeah our tow rope was ridiculously short and we weren't sure it would hold up, luckily it did. The visibility yesterday was awful, everyone had lights on cos the rain was that bad and it was so dark, even though it was 10.30ish in the morning. Saw one guy very nearly hit the back of me and cut up someone else who he also nearly hit. Sure we were a hazard but we had lights going and those who weren't speeding in the rain were able to get around us ok, was just the nutters who don't slow down who were terrifying me.

Funny everyone talking about spoon feeding themselves cos we have never fed K, he point blank refused to be spoon fed. So he just use to eat everything with his hands, and I mean everything including, porridge, weetbix, yoghurt, spaghetti, whatever, everything was finger food(that's why I gave up with bibs Nikki, cos no bib saves that mess!), then we started giving him his own spoon/fork depending on what we were eating and slowly he started to mimic and has been feeding himself well for a while. Still uses his hands a bit and sometimes eats with his spoon in one hand and uses his other hand as well, he's a bit of piggy pants. S is more trouble at the dinner table, everything is hot and he wants me to blow on it and then he wants my food instead of his even though we have the same food, then he will want my fork/spoon or he will want a big one if he has a little one or a little one if he has a big one, then he will drink instead of eating. Good job K just sits there scoffing cos he would starve to death otherwise the amount of faffing about I have to do with S.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 11:37am
M, have you tried those bibs with arms?

Actually that's not a silly idea but I do want him to eat somewhat normally & I think his food intolerances are what's causing this, I'm not 100% on what he's reacting to half the time. I'm going to keep him somewhat plainish for the next few days as we got a sticky mess this morning but it's more formed than it's been in past days.
Kel

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 11:54am
nah, the bibs would need legs too. He had weetbix on his foot this morning!

Yeah I was thinking maybe you could make porridge and cos you can make it quite thick have a dollop of it on a plate with then maybe some fruit or veges that he could dip in the porridge or something. Just thinking that having that familiar safe food there might make him more inclined to eat the other foods as well and then once he's more comfy just eating you could phase out the porridge. Is so hard when he reacts to so much though and I could imagine that if food caused you pain you really wouldn't want to eat it whether you were hungry or not :(

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 11:59am
I might try him on porridge for lunch & see how he goes, see if it's a meal aversion or a food aversion.
Kel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 7:20pm
If it makes you feel better Kel, James (with no food problems) is just refusing dinner most nights. flatly refuses. Eats breakfast really well and it all goes down hill from there.

M, bibs are on their way out here too...and whats with weetbix or porridge getting EVERYWHERE!

I was also suprised reading about babies feeding themselves. I was lazy and just left James to it. He's been feeding himself since he was about 10 months old...he's pretty good at it. A combo of fork and hands. We had a fight one day so I just handed him the utensils and he did a good job and I had free time so I left him to it. I cant believe you are all still having to feed them...little toads!!! In saying that James AND Tom are going through a "i want to be fed" phase as we speak....again...little toads!!!

Well, I better go...off to Toy Library meeting.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:06pm
Thats so sad pickle. Every day I look at Gabrielle I think how lucky I am to have her. I have tears just thinking about your friend.

Lol Kel glad to be of service

I know a bit how you feel Kel about the running screaming in the opposite direction. G does that when I get anywhere near her with her inhalor and spacer which is every 3 hours for several days at a time when she is sick Breaks your heart. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the food. I think everyone has faulty genetics - if its not one thing its another. Not much we can do about it really, our own faulty genes came from somewhere (ie our parents ).

Hope you and the boys feel better soon nzpiper.

Scary about the tow two_boys.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:15pm
Hey Nikki, I did a shift at the toy library on saturday, loved it! It was so busy & went so fast!

Ohh I'm a bit anal about food mess getting everywhere, so I taught them to eat nicely.

Cooper had porridge today for lunch LMAO made it with a scoop of neocate added in cause he's refusing that by bottle too!
Kel

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 9:31am
Oh I am on toy library duty tomorrow :-)

I lost a little green spoon that was meant to go with the playdough set... I am thinking hmm I have a little green spoon I can put in instead... will they notice lol

Tane does the running screaming thing sometimes, he doesn't do it often but he can really throw a good tanty! Nothing on what Gabrielle used to do though hehehe
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 10:19am
Nah they won't Alex, as long as the part isn't missing then it's all good LOL

I've just faxed off (hope I put the page up the right direction ) for the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Elimination diet book. I really want to do some set down proper challenges, I'm hoping I can introduce something like acid free toms cause that would help with meals no end! It's got 7 day meal planners as well Then I'm going to find a dietitian that is accepting of their "extreme" (in my paed's words) diet & help us work though our food intolerances. I do have a fair clue of what we are reacting too but I want to know more for certain.

Ok Tuesdays is fight day around here!
Kel

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:34pm
Hope everyone is feeling better.

We have been giving Gracie a spoon or fork for ages but she has been using it but has just clicked how to get it in without losing everything off it! Now bubba needs feeding all the time as well. Have some pics of her feeding her bubba so will post them when I get time.

Glad the party for your friend when well Pickle.

Gracie was trying to be a big help tonight and carry a lump of wood. Ended up tripping over and face planting onto it . Grazed above her eye and cut just under her nose. Her nose was quite red when she went to bed so wonder what it will be like tomorrow.

Hope your book helps out Kel! Would be helpful having the meal plans.
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 9:09pm
Poor Gracie hope she is ok, hope she doesnt end up with too much of a bruise

We have lots of feeding of Grace's babies and teddies and cat (pretend and real ) and anything else she can get her hands on. It is very cute. She still struggles to feed herself but tries and then once it all falls off the spoon she uses her hands - so not going to badly.

Grace is really showing signs of being aware of her bowel motions, which has raised the question of TT which seems wrong as she is very young. A friend had her DD done at 17months so I know that it is possible. When I take Graces nappy off at night to put her in the bath she runs around the house and then will go to a corner of say "mummy wees" and if I am not quick enough, you can guess what happens. This does not happen every night (thank goodness) but it certainly has made me think. She also tells me when she has done poos and squeezes her nose and says "mummy poos smelly". Any thoughts or ideas anyone?

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 9:27pm
I personally would go with it pickle. Gabrielle has been waking up dry from her day sleep for the last week so yesterday I started putting her on the potty when she gets up, before and after her day sleeps, when I change her nappy and before bed. She wee'd in the potty once yesterday and twice today. I'm gonna try and continue with putting her on it during the day and then when she's got the hang of it we will try TT full time for a few days. She was so funny today - I put her on the potty and we read a story. I asked her if she was going to go wees and she said yes mummy and wee'd. She can definately hold on and she has awareness of when she is going too. My personal opinion is that if she is showing signs of being ready (which it sounds like Grace is) then what's the harm in going with that. Might as well encourage it.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 10:09pm
Holy crap....go for it girls!! Great speech about it too...I put Cooper on the potty & he thinks it's a great game!

Just found this pages if anyone is stuck for ideas interesting what you find when you employ google!linky

eta correct link LMAO

Edited by AandCsmum
Kel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 11:11pm
Wow! James is NOWHERE near toilet training. He screams blue murder when I try and sit him in the potty before his bath (we do with Tom so thought we'd start with James). It was around this time that Tom was VERY interested in the potty and would "produce" results everytime. Then it all stops!!!! We are totally back in nappies now and I'm even tempted to hide the toilet seats etc and totally take it all away from him.

I went to a plunket TT talk when Tom was 13 months (that was when the talk was held) and they said they need to be able to communicate and follow instructions. They need the words etc so you can tell them and they can tell you so it sounds like your girls are ready to give it a crack. Just dont be disappointed if it goes backwards. Kids suck sometimes like that

Well I think James is full on teething. He had a shocker today. He was clingy, grizzly and accident prone. The poor guy has tripped over, fallen over, landed on hard objects, jammed his fingers in drawers etc so much today...he's covered in bruises. And then when he isnt crying because he has hurt himself he is crying with his whole hand in his mouth and chewing chewing chewing...everything but food. He refused to drink today as well. I think I managed to get one sippy cup of water into him ALL day! I just hope he sleeps better tonight. He's well pamoled up.
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 11:20pm
with Bede he was nearly three and he took to it like a duck to water and even at night as well he went dry. Only had the odd accident. I suppose it is the fact that Grace is soooo young and can use her words but not to the extent that Bede did. I think I will bite the bulle and get on with it and give it a blast. I am sure that our caregiver will buy into the whole thing and help.

Poor James sounds like he has had a pretty rough day

Should go to bed but thought I should stay up and watch some of the World Cup, its our first game tonight, Go the All Whites

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 7:06pm
Hope James had a better day for you today nzpiper.

Go for it pickle and Shelt! Wow, with the words they are able to use as well.
crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 7:34pm
I'd go with the TT as well - DD was day trained by 20months and night by 2 so maybe its a girls thing? - she had great language skills too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 590591592593594 694>