FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593594595 694>
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:02pm
yeah I'm another that says go with it, the worse that will happen is it won't work and you will go back to nappies for a while so nothing to be lost by trying.

K I don't think is anywhere near ready, I still have to fight him to change him and he never sits still (apart from when eating and even then he doesn't like sitting in his chair and is standing up the second he has finished) so I'm not sure how we would go with getting him to sit on the potty. S still isn't TT not really. He will be dry all day but I have to instigate him going on the loo and so far not a single poo on the loo, he either wakes up with one or does one at nap time.

Hope James is feeling better.

Hope G's face isn't too bruised. K always has bruises, it's awful, but if he isn't hurting himself S is biting him S has got better recently though and is being a lot nicer with him, but if K touches his precious trucks it is all on!

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:09pm
Oh I forgot to say, K was in a itti bitti boo for 3 hours this afternoon with no leaks. Have ordered some more and hopefully we will be able to kiss goodbye to those gross disposables (might still use them at night though cos he is a huge pee monster).

TMI but I also ordered my lady cup, in lilac, lets hope it works then I can save money on tampons/pads as well.

This is also TMI but what is everyone doing for contraception? I really need to get my IUD taken out cos I pretty much bleed to death each AF but I just don't know what to do about contraception so have been putting it in the too hard basket. I dont' want to do anything hormonal, I was offered the mirena on script but after researching it decided that I don't want to go with it even though it is less hormones than the pill.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:38pm
Don't have sex....who ever's first to bed is usually asleep in 5 secs or DH falls asleep on the couch....LOL I'm charting as well so kinda NFP to avoid a baby. I want puppies instead

Wicked! Cooper goes over night in a boo. it's almost utterly drenched in the morning though.

Guess that is the down fall of two boys...both want the trucks.

OMG M, PLEASE tell me what you think. DH came supermarket shopping the otherday so purposely bought stuff in front of him & complained of the price Honestly he wouldn't know if I bought one though.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:54pm
I just got an email from a lady on one of my support groups, tears welled up in my eyes as she is the first person to give me a nudge in the right direction. Told me what was better than what I thought to do. All I can say is thank god for the internet as a way to bring people together.
Kel

pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 9:11pm
Evening - dont mention supermarkets to me today!!! I had about 40 mins before i needed to pick up bede so i though no worries just go in and get some bits (yea right!) and pick him up. So Grace and I zoomed around and got to the end (with a very full trolley - not sure how that happens ALL the time) and started putting our food through, we were about 3/4 of the way through when there till crashed WTF I was in a hurry!! Anyway great communication from the staff but I am standing there thinking what do I do??? I waited and waited wondering shall I just leave all my food there or wait, i decided to wait as there were some bits I really needed - like baby wipes, and 20 minutes later and a lot of cross shoppers and stressed staff later they started working!! I know it was not there fault and made sure i didnt get cross with the checkout girl but man i was pissed off - blinkin technology sux when it doesnt work!!

Yes AnC the internet is a fabulous tool to bring people together, look at us lot!! hehe

Right have started the TT today as we had a fairly quiet day at home - Grace loves sitting on the potty and did two wees and then we had a big party, i videoed it, she is sooooo cute . She is off to Barnardos tomorrow and i have told her caregiver she also thinks she is ready - so lets see, i am not fussed if it doesnt work - i had forgotten how blinkin time consuming it is!!!

Our contraception is also lack of sex haha and me having had a hysteromecty so no worries for us. Did hear of two friends this week who are pregnant, I was a bit jealous and a bit relieved that that will never be me again!

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 9:45pm
Hope James had a better day today.

Yeah Gabrielle always has bruises too, mostly on her legs though. I have no idea how she gets bruises where she does, I think she must trip over stuff or something. She takes plenty of tumbles but just picks herself back up. Lately though she has been saying ow in this really sorry for herself voice every time I touch her legs or feet. Not sure if she is having me on or if her legs really do hurt.

We started TT today too. Not as much success as yesterday but still a (very small) wee in the toilet and a small wee in the potty. I had her in undies all afternoon as she was at daycare this morning and she is voluntarily going over and sitting on the potty by herself. Not sure if she has fully got the concept of needing to go and sitting on it as we had two accidents as well but hey, she is happy so we are going with that. Don't think her Dad is going to cope on Friday though. He doesn't own a potty or any undies for her even though I warned him about buying them a while ago.
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:12pm
Haha no sex is the method here too..there just aren't enough hours in the day to fit it in! That and my dh always falls asleep in his chair too, and also Lyall spends most of the night in our bed. Meant to be getting the big v for dh, but its a matter of finding the $ for it when theres always so much else we want to do with the money.
Lyall is nowhere near ready for TT either, I'm with the others though thinking if they seem ready then go for it, no harm if it doesn't work.
Thats a sucky supermarket trip pickle, reminds me this morning we were going to Nelson and needed petrol on the way, pulled into the service station and they had signs saying no 91 testing in progress..wtf never seen that before. Lucky we weren't dead empty like sometimes happens!
Am living in a construction zone again at the moment, have finally resumed work on the kitchen, which is both exciting and annoying! Have got the outside wall exposed and batts in most of it but there is some weatherboards that have to be replaced, hopefully tomorrow if it doesn't rain, and we are replacing the window which will hopefully arrive sometime next week. Can;t wait till its all done, will most likely take months though.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:38pm
oh see sex is back to normal pre kid levels here I was thinking about doing the natural family planning but not sure, seems a bit too risky, I was ok with it when I was keen on a third but now I don't think I want another one. Well actually I do want another baby but I don't think I want another child. At the moment I am getting my fix by hugging other peoples newborns (my friends that is, I'm not hugging the newborns of random strangers, that would get me locked up) while I try to work out if I want three kids. Dh seems happy to have another in a while but not fussed if we don't. Some help he is, not that I would agree with any decision he made but still he could make one!

That's cool Kel, just goes to show that not everyone on the internet is a weirdo and it's not always the evil place it gets portrayed as.

Oh my car got fixed, turned out to just be the throttle body blocked so was $171 which included them towing it cos they couldn't fix it on our driveway. Have been told not to run it on fumes anymore I always think I am saving money by not filling up, I know i'm not but it feels like it.

Talking of supermarkets did I tell you how countdown charged me twice and made me go over drawn? I went back to the store and got it reversed, which was a huge pain in the arse, but they wouldn't give me the $10 that kiwibank were gonna charge me for going overdrawn until I got charged it and took in proof. So I got annoyed and wrote complaint letters to kiwibank, who I odn't think should have let countdown take money out of my account that wasn't there, and also to countdown about the piss poor way they handled everything. Well on Friday I had a pos reversal turn up in my acc for the same amount off them so I'm not sure what happened there. Then the manager phoned me today with an apology and said they would send me vouchers out. I didn't mention about the second reversal to them, figured screw em, they can have it back if they ask for it. Kiwibank also apologised and said I wouldn't be charged, they failed to explain how countdown were able to take the money out in the first place though. So pretty good, all in all I got a weeks worth of shopping for free and I'm getting some vouchers.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:41am
So you should Marisa!

No sex here seems to be the contraception too. And when we do, we are just using condoms. I know its not ideal long term...but its all we've ever done...even pre kids. I DONT want to go on the pill and IUDs dont sound fun. I was going to try NFP but now we have decided we dont want a third I dont want to take the risk. Its funny because a few months ago I would havebeen happy with a whoopsie but now the thought terrifies me. I cant cope with my two, let alone a third. And financially...well, lets not even go there.

The gym thing isnt working here. I just never get there and have decided that now I am not working as many hours I cant afford it. But I am pretty sure they wont let me out of my membership so I should just go. my logic has never been great!

James has been much better. he came home from daycare yesterday covered in felt pen...I mean COVERED! but no new bruises...so all good.

Tom ended up in our bed at 10pm last night!!!!! on the Tom and TTing subject. He used to be honest and tell me when he was doing poos if I asked. He has just been grunting and groaning with a beetroot red face. "Are you doing poos?" I ask....."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" was the grunted response...well what the hell did HE think he was doing LOL...we have reached the dishonest stage. I far prefered the truth serum version I used to have.

Guess i better go change nappies. I am over nappies!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:26am
We thought about it and if we have another child DH will be over 60 That's enough to put me off. Plus we like travelling a lot so a 3rd would put a definite dampener on that.

I'm like you Nikki, over changing nappies! I guess that's the difference having two in nappies, with one it's not so bad but two is double the work.

Oh well better get these two ready for music. I've decided to fill up all my mornings now. So monday is coffee at either a friends place or here, tuesday playgroup (haven't been yet), weds playgroup at school & thurs music, & then every second friday at the library across the road so I'll get a walk.
Kel

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 6:10pm
Shhhhh don't tell DH but I got a mooncup as well, crap I hope it's good!! Got AF today & it's doing my head in already so I though stuff it, I'm getting one!
Kel

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 7:58pm
I'm actually getting over cloth fast at the moment. Nothing is drying outside and I cant use a clothes horse as the kids constantly pull it over so that means the dryer and I HATE drying nappies in the dryer. Also James is leaking through them these days...I may be forgetting to change them often enough but its pissing me off because when he leaks he manages to get EVERY item of clothing wet. We went through 3 changes of clothes today.....again..washing but no drying. I wonder if sposies work out cheaper over winter when you factor in the power for the dryer
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:12pm
I've managed to get my boys to leave the airer alone, they seem to only show an interest when I'm putting stuff on it/taking stuff off and then I just get them to help which stops them hanging off it like crazed monkeys.
They both helped me put clothes away earlier, OMG what a work out for me that turned into. K seems to think that DH's boxers need to go on the book case, S was just shoving everything in the airing cupboard, they had a fight over one of my jumpers, I'm sure it's not suppose to stretch as far as it did

Valuation on house not good, the house is worth 10k less than when it was valued 3.5 years ago, the guy wrote it has dropped by 10k despite us doing improvements, great! I doubt now we will have enough to do the roof, so that is very freaking annoying.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:13pm
I feel like emailing the guy back and saying give me a better valuation or I'm not paying your bill

Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:26pm
Ohh that would piss me right off too M, seems weird too cos I thought house prices had stayed pretty constant or gone up. Our land has anyway, wish it had dropped so we could afford to buy it. Then again it would take a big drop for that to happen. Good your car got fixed though and good the supermarket came to the party too.
60 Kel? Am guessing you mean by the time they left home?
Oh let us know how the mooncup is, don't know anyone who's tried one. Not that its a conversation topic that comes up irl lol
Are your work hours likely to pick back up Nikki? I doubt I would ever find the motivation to go to the gym either, I'm impressed you've been at all!
No progress on the kitchen today, dh didn't get home from work until 7:30 so still got exposed weatherboard wall tonight. Another freezing morning tomorrow can't wait.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 8:30pm
He wrote that the last valuation was done right at the peak, is annoying, we would have been ok if the house had stayed the same price. Oh well will wait and see what the quotes for the roof come in at and then go to talk to Mike Pero I guess.

I'm suppose to be doing the kids lunches for tomorrow and I was gonna finish vacuuming the house, but I've been sat at the puter for the last 1.5 hours

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 10:17pm
Yip Genie...60 if we have another child. He'll be 58 or somewhere around there for C's 21st!! Duh, just looked back up & realised I missed out the 21st bit

Oh crap M.....that really sucks. Hopefully Mike Pero can help find you something.

I've got the clothes dryer up all the time and they get told off & removed if they touch it, it's ignored most of the time now, just another piece of furniture. I also have my nappies hanging above the fire.

I find I need to change Cooper more often in the morning than the arvo...weird huh!

OMG Genie that must be cold!
Kel

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 9:38am
We don't even have a drier... so it's all done the old fashioned way... I only use the cloth naps as back up now though... not enough hours in the day as it is unfortunately...

I don't think we would have any more kids now - I change my mind all the time but it is looking like I have 2 more.... my niece and nephew stay at our place every school night now so I have 4 kids to look after most of the time. It's been good though, good for them and me. I have learnt a lot and we now have a pretty smooth running household and they have a pretty solid routine. My nephew has ADHD (apparently) and he can be a little bit difficult at times but I really feel like I am getting through to him and it's generally a pretty positive place. Anyway, it may be on the cards soon that they come and live with us permanently - or legally. I have been trying to see if I could cope as it is such a big thing but I am definitly sure I can now.

M that is so annoying about your valuation! I would be majorly pissed. I wonder what ours would be now as we bought right in the peak of the market. The house across the road from us has been on the market for about 6 months!! We aren't going anywhere for at least 2 years but when we do we want to borrow against our place. Landscaping the back yard this year which should surely push it up a bit...

I'm no help on the contraception front - I have the iud. It's odd though I still get AF but it's more like every 6 weeks.
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 12:46pm
wow Alex you and your DF are amazing to possibly take on your niece and nephew. I do agree that once you have two a few more doesnt make that much of a difference! I often have my sister 7 year old twins.

M that sux re the valuation - get evidence that all the houses in the area have dropped, does seem odd if you have done alterations etc.

Tomorrow night we are going to a disco party and it is fancy dress. This morning i went to the fancy dress shop - man it was cool. Grace was a PITB, she pulled all the shoes off the racks, I was not happy. Anyway I got two groovy outfits for me and the DH so it will be fun. I have a good friend who is a makeup artist and she has said she will do my hair and makeup. We are looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Oh yes the TT is going very well (

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 1:57pm
The house is still worth 20k more than what we paid for it so at least we aren't in neg equity, but 3.5 years ago it was worth 30k more than what we had paid for it. The valuation has a load of house sales they have used as a comparison on it. I guess maybe the stuff we have done is stuff that doesn't add value? Like getting a new roof, that doesn't add any value to your house whatsoever even though it costs heaps.
First roof quote has come back as either 9k or 12k depending on what we use, not painted or colorsteel. But they didn't quote on fixing up the roof in our unit (the beams that the roof sit on need sorting out), so waiting for the other quotes as they are quoting to do the unit as well.

That is so cool Alex, good on you guys for taking responsibility for them it's awesome.

That's great the TTing is going well. I put K on the potty last night, he seemed to think he was just their to pull on his willy then he got up and ran off after about 10 secs.

K is not very well, went and brought him home from carer, tried to bring S home to but he didn't want to leave so he has stayed to play for a while longer. K has slight temp but nothing seems wrong with him except him looking a bit out of it and he was very quiet. He's sleeping now after falling asleep on the boob, which he doesn't normally have mid day, and never falls asleep feeding. Hopefully the pamol helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593594595 694>