FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 694>
Author
Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 11:34am
How on earth did you manage to stay up till 2am!! I was awake at 12 but that was only cause DH tripped over going to the loo and woke me up lol. I bought DH a box of beer so he could have a few quiets or at last go over to a mates house but he chose to stay and sit with me which was sweet. I just didn't have the energy to go out! Most of our friends are away at the moment anyway.
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 1:04pm

I managed midnight...at home but only because I was pottering around and had a big luke warm bath, then started to watch the Neil Diamond thing for a few minutes. Counted down from 10 just before midnight and timed it perfectly that fireworks went off just as we kissed.  Then I headed off to bed and I think DH came in close behind. 

Started the year off with a lie in!!!!! Tom slept till 8am.  Apparently he woke up screaming in the middle of the night but I didnt hear him and DH sorted it.  I have been sleeping through a lot lately.  No doubt once bubs arrives I will go back to waking just before they do.

MW is due at 2pm so lets see if bubs has moved on down.  I think not!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 2:43pm
I'm so tired, i'm dying in this heat as well and according to metservice tomorrow is going to be even hotter

I can't believe you stayed up till 2am Gillian, that's a good effort.

That's cute that you kissed at midnight Nikki

Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 3:05pm
Hey all,

Sorry I haven't posted for the past couple of days, but I haven't had time to be on the internet, apart from posting photos of Lucian on my Facebook page (mainly for family to look at). Lucian has been feeding a lot, and I've been put on antibiotics as my caesar scar is a little infected (even though I have been keeping it clean) and they have been making me feel rotten.

Dana - so sorry to hear that your uncle passed away

Marisa - hopefully you'll have your little monkey soon!!!

Gillian - hehe, I was up at that time feeding!!!

New Year's was pretty uneventful for DH, Lucian, and I. I watched the Sound of Music, fed Lucian, went to bed, then got up at 2am to feed him again.

My midwife came around today and told me off for not eating that much. My appetite just went when I had Lucian, so I have been forcing myself to eat. I've noticed that I am losing weight around my legs and my stomach is shrinking quite fast.

I hope everyone is doing well, and hopefully I'll be able to post a bit more frequently!

Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 3:47pm
Dana I'm really sorry about your uncle.

I actually think this is my favourite New Years so far. We had such a nice night together last night. A yummy dinner, dessert, movies, a bit of nookie and some skinny dipping I was surprised I managed to stay up past midnight. I haven't done that in a very long time.

I am still really enjoying being pg but I have to say I would really love a really big glass of cold cold Sav Blanc right now, it's such a beautiful day outside. I have sparkling apple juice which is quite nice though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 5:15pm

The heat is a killer isnt it Marisa! thankfully we have been cooler today.  I was actually cold this morning but it always seems to heat up around 3pm here....so the weather report temps are always lower than what we record.

Saw my MW today and she thinks bubs is 1/5th engaged so thats a start.  I also found out that the neighbour over the back fence (that I havent met yet) is due the same day as me and has my MW's back up.  She also plans to brith in Dunedin so maybe we could car pool over there

Its great having DH home at the moment and my parents have gone camping so we are on our own which is bliss!!  We havent had time together alone for the past 2 weeks and it was getting to us.  He is also being really sweet and letting me have sleeps and breaks from Tom. 

I have mostly packed my hospital bags now.  Just gotta throw in some clothes for me.  I went to pumpkin patch the other day and bought a pink outfit and a blue outfit for bubs to come home in.  I wanted a girl to have something pink and then I thought why should a boy have to wear handme downs on his first trip either.  I will return the pink if its a boy....but I think a girl could wear the blue.  I've really only packed clothes for bubs to come home in.  I intend on using the hospitals stuff till then.  Apparently in Dunedin they have baby gowns and if I then transfer to the unit at Alexandra they have clothes so I really dont need anything for bubs.  Such a change from Chch.

Still no word onthe birth plan so I asked about it and I am to write some ideas down.  she is going to drop a checklist in my letterbox tomorrow.

Dates are coming close when you are next seeing your MW 2 days before the official EDD (and 2 days after "our" EDD).  I see the back up next week.

Oh well, I am cooking dinner tonight so I better go and check on it. Canneloni...yum!!!   Gotta eat so early with a toddler.

Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 6:49pm
MMMMMMmmmmmm Canneloni. I want some now lol! I'm a vego so make mine with spinach, ricotta and feta stuffed into the tubes. So bad but so yummy especially when you sneak some cream cheese ontop of the tomato sauce before baking lol.

I've nearly finished packing my bag. Only problem is my comfy day clothes that I want to take are the ones i'm practically living in at them moment. I did buy little shampoo and conditioner bottles along with toothpaste etc today so nearly done!!

April fools you wanton harlot!!! LMAO    Where did you go skinny dipping?? I'm jealous. I was in my PJ's by eight and was only woken at midnight by DH being clumsy.
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 7:46pm
Happy New Year!

Well sounds like we all had a nice new years eve :) We had a nice time - had fish n chips at Sebastion Point for dinz and then took Gabz to the playground. After she went to bed we watched our family movies for the year :) Every neighbour seemed to be letting of fireworks so was quite loud!!
Have had a lovely new years day too! Got the house super clean and then went to the beach! Just had the yummiest bbq dinz and icecream mmmmm I cant eat enough icecream!

I am getting painful BH contractions.. mostly only bad when I am moving around but sometimes when I am sitting down too they can be sore but definitly not labour - my pick is this baby will come on 5th! :) or 3rd cos I like that number! Getting very uncomfortable now though and it is harder than ever to look after Gabrielle!

Omigosh go Aprilfools! Sounds like a lovely night you had!!

Hey isn't it great not having a hangover on new years day :)

Denise hope you feel better soon!!!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 8:57pm
Wow nookie and skinny dipping that's awesome.

I haven't done anything today, been real lazy, just feel totally zapped of all energy though. Think it is the heat and waking twice in the night doesn't help.

Sounds like most people are pretty much packed now. I haven't packed any clothes as I'm wearing them on a daily basis. I found last time I stayed in my maternity clothes for a wee while cos they were the most comfy, so I just plan to take whatever i'm wearing and grab whatever else happens to be clean at the time.

I'm hoping baby doesn't come on the 5th just because it's my SIL birthday that day and I always think it is nice to have the day to yourself IYGWIM. I'm not keen on the 11th either, it was one of my Nan's B-days and my other Nan died on that day. I suppose in some ways it could be nice to have a new happy event for that day but I'm not sure, it might upset my mum especially or she might like it I suppose

Well nothing new to report, no niggles today, just about to go and eat some strawberries and ice cream....yummy.

canuckmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuckmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 10:10pm
Uh Aprilfools, that sounds like a great New Years! Go you!

Denise, that sucks about your scar, but sounds like you have everything down pat.. Your not even complaining about being tired.. You need to eat tho sweetie...

We've had the best day, went to the beach for hours, and had a lovely picnic. Than went to go see Yes Man, I brought my preggy pillow cos I can't handle sitting back, got some funny looks, but I don't really care

In the exact same boat, have packed everything for Charley, but not alot for me,only have 2 pairs of mat sweats that fit, and I wear them constantly, so am just going to throw that stuff together when in labour. Really hoping nothing drastic happens that I need to rush off to hospital.

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 5:14am
I'm the same too, havent packed any clothes for myself.

Another crap night sleep here, woke up again at 3.30 so have only had a cpouple of hours of broken sleep, I'm so knackered but I'm just so uncomfy, every time I try to roll over it hurts the lower part of my belly and my vjj, not really sure why but was almost in tears with it so got up.

DH and I plan to go to a new years carnival this morning, hopefully the walking might start something and I want to go early enough before it gets too hot cause its supposed to get to 28oC today, thanks god for air con.

Sorry for the grumpy post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 8:33am

Leelee, you have my sympathies about sleep although lately I have been having GREAT sleeps.  Other than ditching all the pillows except my tummy wedge I dont know whats changed.  And I am sleeping through Tom's wake ups too.  HEAVEN!!! 

If it is any help, I know that I slept better after baby was born.  It sounds weird but you are waking up wvery few hours to feed but in between that you have pain free sleep.  Its so  comfy and you drop straight to sleep. somthing to do with the hormones you secrete when you feed...it makes mums very sleepy (you'll probably dose off whilst feeding too.  BUT.... you always wake to bubs....or just before.  Its weird but explains why our mums still lie awake at night waiting for us to come in when we are visiting.

I'm feeling a little less anxious about getting to Dunedin and what to do with Tom now.  My parents are away camping and are about 3 hours away so really too long to wait before heading over and I didnt want to take Tom to DUnedin only for him to have to turn around and go home without his parents.  We have some friends here who have kindly offered to come and sit Tom but they are new friends so I feel bad asking.  Well.......Now I find that one of my best friends is holidaying in Wanaka at the moment and I know she would come at the drop of a hat and thats only 45 min away!!!! YAY!!!!  Just knowing there is a back up is all it takes to relax me.

Had strong BH all evening last night and all through my bath.  No pattern to them and stopped as soon as I went to bed.  I guess things are happening but we are still a way off now.

I have been working away on my birht plan.  I was all for a managed 3rd stage (I was scared of post partum haemorhage which I almost had last time) but after doing some reading maybe I want physiological.  Any advice gals???  I am hopefully seeing my OB on Monday (I say hopefully because I havent been able to find the right people to make an appointment through...long story) so I will ask her then.

Oh, well I have hidden down here long neough with my yummy flat white.  Better go and joing DH and Tom. 

I'm thinking 6 Jan sounds like a nice day to have a baby.  What do you think?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 8:35am
Oh and Marisa, remember my post about baby names and all the Thomas the Tank engine references?  Did you know there is one called Spencer?  We looked on the back of a book yesterday and there are SO MANY names, its hard to avoid one.  But I personally think that it would make said child "cooler" amongst his little preschool peers.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 8:44am
No I didn't know there was a Spencer. I will have to have a search around now and see if I can find a book or toy or something of it.

That's great you have a back up person Nikki. Not sure about the whole 3rd stage thing, we are doing cordblood banking which means you have to have the injection to do the collection. If not would probably do physiological as I've read that it has a lot of advantages, but then with your history perhaps they wouldn't want you to anyway?

I woke up twice last night to pee, but Spencer slept in till 8 so that's awesome. I'm finding it really hard to get to sleep and then when I wake to pee I don't feel like I've actually slept (if that makes sense) even though it is like 2-3 in the morning.

I had a really odd pain last night which I think was caused by him moving but it shot down from the top of my bump and then made my cervix feel like it was ripping apart. Not pleasant and thankfully only happened once.

Leelee you are brave going out today I'm so sorry you are struggling to sleep that sounds awful and you must be really exhausted. I might be popping to a friends whilst DH has Spencer for a bit but that will be about it for me. I might venture to the supermarket if I feel really adventurous though...lol

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 9:25am
Marisa I'm only going out to see if walking would kick start something cause I want this baby out!!

I want a physiological 3rd stage but am prepared to have a managed 3rd stage if need be.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 9:45am

I'm child free!!!! DH has gone to check around the wineyard and has taken his little helper with him.  YAY!!!! I might have a leisurely shower and then paint my toe nails.  Its not hot here today at all!!! YAY!!!!! looks like it might rain.

Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 10:11am
Temp is quite nice here today. Got the washing out and we're about to head into town to run some errands.

I'm not too sure about the 3rd stage thing. To tell you the truth it's one thing I haven't really thought about. Might have a chat to the MW next week about it. So what are the benefits of natural vs managed?

No more fluid after yesterday. Gutted.

Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:30pm
Erm Nikki..How on earth can you reach to paint your toenails when I can barely cut mine?? I cut them a couple of days ago hoping it will be the last time until I can reach better! I am jealous..
Today is my due date..hoping for some action!
Ryan has come down with conjunctivitis :( I know its that cos I have had it before, also a couple of friends of his have had it over past couple of weeks. They didn't visit until they thought it was gone but obviously it wasn't. Am really gutted because as much as I want this baby out, now I'm scared that if it does happen he will get it too. Anyway took him to the duty doctor this morning, and what a stupid woman she seemed like! She kept going on about sinus infection and hayfever, neither of which he has! then instead of eyedrops which the rest of us could have used if we get it too, she gave him antibiotics. And she put a repeat on the script, which even the chemist thought was weird. Am just not trusting that this will be solved now and am hanging out for Monday so we can see our normal doc if need be. So not what I need right now! Poor bugger is so miserable with the weepy gunky eyes too :(
On a funnier note, DH laughingly accused me of wanting sex simply to get baby out..lol so true..and he's all like, I don't care I'm lucky to get some before I get none!
Hope everyone's doing good today :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:34pm
Genie...I have short legs
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:39pm

Due Dates

Genie - 2nd Its a boy
Leelee - 3rd Its a boy
Marisa (cuppatea) - 4th Its a boy
Brabsie - 5th
Missy_nz - 7th
Alyxw - 7th Will be a surprise!
Helen21 - 12th Its a girl
Deepa - 12th
Bern118 - 13th Will be a suprise
Nikki (nzpiper) - 14th Think it will be a boy but time will tell
Aprilfools - 15th Its a boy
nickyjames - 15th Will be finding out
Pletey75 – 17th Its a girl
Andie - 19th,20th Its a boy
SarahMM - 20th Will be a suprise
Ginger - 20th Will be finding out
Lijana (LG) - 21st Its a girl
Kel (Aliasmum) - 22nd Its a boy
Ballerina - 24th Its a girl
Stogglebox - 25th Its a girl
Ladybird84 - 26th
Danaj – 26th Its a girl
canuckmama - 26th Its a girl
Kelly (Beachy) - 27th Will be finding out
Butterfly4 - 28th - Will be a surprise.
Febbabe- 28th - Will be a surprise
Leticia- 31st
Liv - 31st - Will be a surprise]

Birth Dates!
Shelt (16th) 7th Dec 3.26am Gabrielle Lily-Anne 5lb 8oz
HuntD (2nd) 18th Dec 8:31am Brennan Joseph 8lb 8oz
Crakars (26th) 22nd Dec 2.30am Lewis Albert Parker 6lb 6oz

Katte (1st) 23rd Dec 2pm It's a boy! 8lb 4oz
Denise (lady_aset) - (1st) 23rd Dec 5.00pm Lucian Charles Te Hira Victor 6lb 15oz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 694>