FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 587588589590591 694>
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 8:06pm
I really should change my ticker cos we have nowhere near 82.1% anymore, probably closer to 2.1%

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 9:19pm
OH crap...is that from having to do the roof?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 9:52pm
Nah we haven't done roof yet, no idea how much that is gonna cost, we had someone who is doing a quote to put a coating in on it but they actually said we should get it replaced (dunno why they are still doing the quote really!). We had the house valued today and then we need to get quotes on having the roof replaced....eeeek. So we are hoping there is enough equity in the house to pay for it.

The flight money will most likely get spent on a car for DH though as $1750 (what we got from insurance) doesn't get you much.

We might have enough to take some out of the house to go to England too, otherwise we are just gonna go on holiday to Australia or rarotonga or somewhere and then start saving again for England. We definitely are overdue some sort of holiday

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:01pm
two_boys Gabrielle has had the red cheeks too for the last two weeks or so and only has 2 year old molars to go. Plunket nurse told me on Tuesday that it was waay too early to get them but I looked in her mouth last night and sure enough 3 of the 4 2 year old molars are almost poking through the gum - very swollen and I can see the white of the tooth. Checked my own plunket book and I got mine between 17 & 19 months so not too early at all. Stupid Plunket nurse doesn't know what she is talking about.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:03pm
Meant to say too that crap about the roof and the insurance money for the car. My house needs a new roof too - got told 3 years ago it would only probably last another year at most but I just keep getting it fixed. We got quotes of between $10k - $26k and there is no way I can afford that! Hope yours works out ok.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:30pm
2 yr molars!! Tom has still not fully got his and he's 2yrs, 9mo. Just shows the variation in "normal" doesnt it. I am wondering if we are FINALLY going to see tooth No 8 from James as he's really grumpy tonight!
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:03pm
I got all my teeth early and lost 'em early - had them all by 19 months and started losing them at 4. Apparently according to my plunket book the kindy teachers had never seen a child who had lost teeth already. I had all my adult teeth before I was 7. We might be late movers in my family but we make up for it with teeth
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:53am
Haha thats funny about the teeth. Gabrielle had all her teeth by about 18 mths. She started getting her molars when I had Tane... it was fun times lol.

Tane only got his first tooth just before his first bday and now he already has heaps - can't get a look in to count but he has 3 molars already
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 7:23pm
Evening all - hope you all had a great long weekend, ours was great, caught up with some friends and actually went out for dinner with DH on our own which is not something we do very often.

Re the teeth haha i had a look tonight and Grace has loads, not sure when they all arrived but dont seem to of bothered her that much.

Nits are still annoying us and gosh they are time consuming to get rid of them but we are getting there. Just when you think got them all you have a look and the little sh*ts have turned up again only takes you to miss one egg and it is all on again.

In for another busy week but nothing unusual there for us. Hope you are all good and surviving this crappy weatther that seems to be with us all at the moment.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 8:31pm
Howdy girls! Back from my long weekend of semi hell! Man my Dad is a grump!

After talking about molars Cooper has one eye tooth through & the other one not far off! Totally random seeing he's still go one of his molars to go!

Pickle, I swear by that stuff that I said a page or so back, smothers them and you don't need to comb out the bloody eggs.

Ahhh Crap M...that sucks. Hopefully you have equity in your house for your roof.

When are you looking at selling yours Shelt?
Kel

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 8:43pm
Weekend hasn't been too bad but I have ended up with a stinky cold so taking the day off tomorrow. Don't really fancy going out in the crappy weather and getting even sicker.

Not much else to report here. Hope you get rid of the nits soon Pickle.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:24pm
My house Kel? Not sure yet. Technically the ex and I still jointly own it but I am paying the whole mortgage and all the expenses myself. Am caught between a rock and a hard place really coz the bank want 30% equity if I have it as a rental but only 20% if I move into it myself. I am really close to the 20% threshold but I can't afford to pay the mortgage if I move in to it coz the only way I am paying it at the moment myself is with the help of the rental income. Its not easy paying a $320k mortgage on one income!

My poor baby has croup She is hacking away and I think I am getting sick too. I have a major sore throat
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:25pm
Gabrielle is 18 months today! Man does time fly.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 10:03pm
aw croup sucks if she gets really bad you can hire humidifier things from most pharmacies that are a huge help.

That's pretty much our mortgage as well Shelt, we owe $314K, and yep is very hard on one income, we only manage it because we get the rent from the unit (which is on the back of our garage). We looked at downsizing house but once we lose the rent money even moving to a 2 bed place wouldn't work out cheaper.

We went out Sunday night for a meal with friends, was so nice, shame we don't get to do it more often. Apart from that we have had a pretty lazy weekend.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 11:08am
Glad to hear others have high mortgages too. We are totally swamped by ours. We have 2 properties and are paying $1150 per fortnight!!!! I have just lost an afternoon's work a week so it bloody tight...in fact its impossible! We are wanting to sell our rental but even thats hard to do when we arent in the area to do the touch ups needed before selling and we cant afford to have it untenanted for even one week...sigh!

James may be brewing croup too. He started coughing a little last night and it had that barking sound but it was mild. Croup is going around here so I wouldnt be suprised if tonight it hits hard...oh joy....that would mean time off work tomorrow.

He is wanting his day sleep earlier and earlier. He is now going down at 10.30am! And the little monkey is getting very demanding. He is refusing to wear bibs, refusing to eat dinner, standing up at the table, refusing to sit down....etc etc. Thankfullly Tom seems to be getting marginally more compliant but is it too much to ask for them both the be good at the same time?

Anyway, I better get off the computer and give Tom some attention before I put him to bed. I am waiting on the sky man to ocme. WE are getting mysky (yeah, I know.....we cant really afford it...so we are paying the lump sum and then we can forget about it )
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 12:11pm
Far out....I'd be stressing if I owed that much, but luckily for us we bought our house when prices were cheap. Here I was feeling bad about our 60k renovation mortgage which didn't get to finish our house

I'm trying to push these two out til later & it seems to be working. They've just gone down, Cooper fell asleep in the car & I can still hear CC rolling around in her cot but she'll drop off soon. Hopefully they'll sleep a couple of hours.

Wow a year a half old Gabrielle....a big girl now So what will happen re the house? I hope he doesn't insist on a 50/50 split!!
Kel

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:12pm
Our mortgage is steep, we bought our place on close to 100% finance eek! But we are on a 17 year mortgage so we are knocking it out with massive payments... we pay $510 a week now, it used to be $670 a week! Soon we will start paying extra cos the aim is in two years to buy a new house and hopefully keep this one as it would make a perfect rental.

Hugs to all the sick bubs - it's so not fair the poor things!

I had a whole week off work last week with the orst flu of my life - thank goodness teh kids didn't get it. I could barely look after them though and boy lil miss knew it - I am now on damage control as she got a way with a lot last week and seems to think she still can...

How are you guys going with brushing teeth? Tane hates it and just closes his mouth tight. I am used to Gabrielle who has always loved it - she still thinks it's a treat to clean her teeth.
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:25pm
Funny you mention the tooth brushing Alyx, Lyall has discovered where his toothbrush is and is now constantly wandering round brushing his teeth! Kinda cute but not sure if they can be brushed too much?
Our mortgage isn't too bad, what gets us is the fact we are on leasehold land, which was fine when we bought the place and the lease cost $516 a year, but its had a couple of massive increases since then and is now $10,203 per year! Luckily my brother built a house on the back half of the section so we go halves, but still! They've just offered to sell us the land, but they want just under $254,000 +GST for it and theres just no way we could service another mortgage that big atm, even if the bank would give it to us, nor is my brother in a position to pay half. Money sucks!!!
Not a lot else to report here, hope all the sickies are coming right, oh and hoping the nits are getting gone pickle!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:27pm
yeah mine have always loved it, they seem to love sucking water off the brush and will usually let me do some brushing. Have you tried using toothpaste? S hated having his brushed until he had toothpaste then he was into it, I hadn't given him paste cos i thought it might put him off even more but it did the trick.

Our mortgage was a 30 year one so we are now down to the 25 that most people start at...lol. Ah I'm not really laughing out loud, more laughing instead of crying.
Our mortgage was fixed at 6.99 so not sure what to do now, whether to go floating cos it will be cheaper and risk them going up or refix it but will be more expensive. Wish someone would do another 6.99 for 5 years deal, would happily sign up for that again.

We are thinking if we don't make it to England we will try to budget in a trip to rarotonga or maybe aussie, was looking up holidays this morning and they aren't as pricey as I thought they would be so should be a possibility and will make up in part if we can't go back.

K is very defiant too, lucky food is not an issue cos he troughs like a pig but everything else is. Yesterday he was standing on the train table, I told him to get down, then I said I'm gonna count to 3 then your in time out, I went 1 and then he said 2. How cheeky is that?

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:54pm
K is one smart cookie!! Cooper was up on the table poking the tv before!!

Alia hated having teeth cleaned total opposite to Cooper who steals toothbrushes any chance he can get!

10k Genie....OMG seriously!!! WOW

Just been looking at budgets, must have missed out something major cause we had 25k left over
Kel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 587588589590591 694>