FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 588589590591592 694>
Author
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 2:23pm
Right I have been to the chemist and have a bottle of Derbac M to kill these blasted Nits once and for all. I think I was being too kind them using Natural products - looking forward to killing them and not having an itchy head!!

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 2:41pm
LMAO...that was my exact attitude Pickle!

I want Cooper to fall & dong his head in the hope it stops him climbing up by the tv
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 3:22pm
K is clever! We really havent got much talking here...lots of babble. If he's in the mood I can get Mamma, Daddy, Stop, Nana, Nannan, Poppa, shoes and animal sounds. But mostly its nanananananana
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:09pm
Lyall is still mostly at the aim-to-please stage, he does things like take clothes to the wash, rubbish to the bin etc. Though he is extremely cheeky at times as well, grabbing things he knows not to while laughing his head off. Somehow he's all confused with yes and no..if we ask him if he wants something he always seems to say no and shake his head even though we know he wants it. Keeps the older two amused lol
Had a yuck experience after dinner tonight..was cleaning him up and he was thinking it was funny to put his fingers down his throat, was trying to stop him but no he lost half his dinner..like its not a big enough cleanup after eating already! He did stop doing it though, hopefully lesson learnt.
This is kinda embarassing but funny..I was lying on the floor with Lyall sitting on me watching tv earlier and I farted. He leant down and said "you ok?" sooo funny!
That will be nice to at least have a little holiday M, sucky about the uk though.
Ohh Kel wouldn't it be nice to have 25k left over !!

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:42pm
Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling under the weight of my mortgage. Working 4 days a week sure doesn't help the situation but it sure helps my sanity!

G screamed the house down for about 2 hours last night and then had several other periodic episodes of screaming - turns out she also has ear infections in both ears so that explains the screaming. Poor bub.

Wow about James' day sleep. Apart from today and yesterday as G is sick we are mostly doing one sleep a day at 1pm. And I hear ya re the demandingness. G is contrary as hell and it really gets on my wick sometimes.

Not sure about the house Kel. We have a verbal agreement that the house is mine and he will sign it over to me coz there is no money in it and he won't pay the mortgage but we can't sort it till the custody issue is figured out so its on hold for a while.

We are going ok with teeth brushing...mostly. G used to hate it with vengence but she has mellowed recently and lets me have a go without biting me.

Yeah G is climbing everything too. And is constantly in the cupboards and drawers esp in the kitchen. Every second time I turn around she is doing something she shouldn't and the cheeky monkey knows it too. She often yells no and then smacks her hand before she does something naughty (I've only ever smacked her hand once when she stuck her finger in an electrical socket - it obviously made an impression). Recently if I do something she doesn't like eg putting her pants or her jersey on she will say ouch mummy coz she is aiming for some sympathy!

We have heaps and heaps of talking here, I pretty much cant shut her up. Her vocab is 100+ words and her fav question is whats that? Drives me mad. G's favourite word is still no though

I have been trying to teach her how to ride her little bike thing. She is still just sitting on it although occasionally she can make it go backwards. Its so frustrating - 6 months after I brought it for her and she still hasn't figured out how to ride it.
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:54pm
yeah he said 6 as well when Dh was counting with S and he said 6 again today in the right place as well must be an easy number to say. His speech blows us away, especially as S was the opposite and was very late to talk. K picks loads up off S as well, like "I don't want" and "no way"...lovely, but he is always trying to repeat anything S says and will do gestures as well, was pointing and saying look today cos S was doing it. Some of his words aren't very clear though and some are just sounds that we know, like he says 'tur" for toothbrush and "maa" for monkey, S now says "tur" and "maa" as well, lazy boy. The dog gets called lala instead of leela.

I thought talking early might make the terrible twos a bit easier but my friend who had an early talker said it doesn't cos sometimes he would just tantrum anyway even if they gave him what he said he wanted and most of the time he either couldn't have whatever he wanted anyway or he just plain didn't know what he wanted. So that destroys that theory.

That's funny about the fart. Whenever S does one he goes "What's that noise?" like he doesn't know!

Does anyone else have a tv addict? K is always demading I put the TV on, he hangs off the front of it crying and will push all the buttons trying to switch it on. He asks for the wot wots a lot as well. Am bloody sick of them know and if he hears the music it doesn't matter what part of the house he is in he comes running shouting wot wots. Bit worried about him maybe watching too much

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:58pm
oh yeah, what's that, we get that too, he will point over and over again saying what's that and half the time he isn't even looking where he is pointing! and I'm sorry to say but S still does the what's that, I think the what's that stage is just the stage before you get why, which hasn't started here yet.........

I hope she is feeling better soon, poor poppit with both ears infected

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:00pm
Cooper is really good at doing things if I ask, but is a little terror when I ask him to stop doing what I don't want him to do!

That is funny Genie!
Kel

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:11pm
Ouchies on the ear infections YAY if he holds to his word on the house!

Cooper says who is it, last night he did say what is it when trying to grab his willy.

Nope no TV addict in Cooper, he keeps turning it on & off LOL but doesn't watch. He does like some stuff but Alia & CC are the avid watchers.
Kel

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:54am
ouch about the ears. After our night, I have an idea of what you are up against. I thought James was getting croup (but I think its just a cough now)...anyway, he woke ay 9.30 last night and we couldnt get him back to sleep till 1.30!!! He just screamed and screamed and screamed until we brought him up to our bed then he played and giggled and slapped me in the face ..so I took him back to his bed and let him scream for a while....I was grumpy (AF). Then he got hysterical and I had to give in to him but I FINALLY got him to sleep. 2 hours later Tom woke up screaming too and had to come up to our bed.   so I feel like the living dead today. and I have a sore throat! Oh well, we've been all good for too long.

Tom was an early talker. Its kind of fun when they can talk...but the constant chatter is annoying. You always want the opposite. I am trying not to worry about James' speech. Its so hard not to compare him with Tom. He is far more physically capable than Tom though. He can ride all his toys Shelt....always has been able to (even before he coudl walk). Tom was way slower in that. It seems they go one way or the other....talking or walking so to speak.

In saying that James is way more compliant than Tom and still likes to "help". He just also likes to stir sh*t!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:16am
oh no, hope all the babies feel better soon. I wouldn't worry about James's speech at all, he has far more words than S did at that age and S never shuts up now, he's doing that 3 year old constant running commentary thing. S had 15 words at his 2 year check up and wasn't stringing any together, a week later when he saw the doc he had well over a hundred and was talking in sentences, they just suddenly talk. I think they know (the quiet ones) but just don't say anything.

K is having a tantrum, it started an hour ago, he is hungry but won't sit in his highchair. I put him in his cot to let him get over himself but he got out I had just left the room and heard a big thud, went straight back in and he was standing on the floor so I think he got out feet first, I hope he did anyway. Gonna have to get DH to move his furniture though in case he does it again. Of course means now he is hanging off my leg again crying and carrying on.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:22am
oh at freakin last he is in his chair eating. Had to physical fight him to get him in there, now happy as larry eating. WTF goes through their little minds?

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:39am
Kel Tane sounds like Cooper - he will follow instructions so well - I am quite amazed at his understanding actually but try and get him to stop doing something he shouldn't and there is a battle...

Seems that our young ones are teaching the older a few tricks... sometimes Gabrielle copies the way Tane asks for things and if he is crying she will copy him too. She also shares her bad habits with him, and he will copy her making fart noises etc....

Gabrielle was an early talker and threw the best tantrums I've ever seen. I think she used to get so frustrated and wanted to express herself more. She is such a wee chatterbox now but it is so cute. She must take after me though, my parents used to tell me my middle name was chatterbox, which I believed right up until I introduced myself with the middle name chatterbox on my first day of school and everyone laughed

Tane is talking a lot but he doesn't talk clearly. If I know what he is saying it makes sense but if not it is hard to figuire out... he will copy anything you say to him though which is so funny, a game I love to play with him and ask him to say big words lol. He says Mum a LOT! He will just yell out to me whch cracks me up because Gabrielle learnt everyone else's name before she started calling me Mum.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 11:24am
Yeah, not all of Gabrielle's words are that clear either but I can pick up what she is talking about. She was talking to my Dad this morning and saying up please Grandad cept coming from her it sounds like up peas andad and he couldn't get it. To me it sounds clear as but I think thats probably coz I spend a lot of time with her and am used to the way she talks. She's also a bit lazy sometimes and will point and squeal till you get what she wants, I try not to give in to that but sometimes its just easier to keep the peace.

G's not a TV addict at all. I am a mean mummy and I've never put the TV on for her at all so she has no idea whats on. She got up from her sleep yesterday and I was watching a video (something I'd taped off the TV) and she was facinated with the ads. Mostly its only the news at night right before she goes to bed and she shows no interest in that at all.

We had another rough night last night. I have a bad cold and she was screaming/crying most of the night so the two of us are a bit scratchy today. I have to go to my final Family Court councelling session today (court review is Monday) and I feel like I might break down in tears if she pushes me too hard to negoiate. That might not be a bad thing though...

Dunno if I said anything but the ex came round last week and told me he is going to "win me back" coz he would like to be a family again. We've been separated for 7 months and he hasn't done anything except abuse me verbally (cept for since I filed for custody - he's been on his best behaviour since then). I was gobsmacked and couldn't think of anything to say. So far he hasn't done anything along the lines of trying to win me back but it does leave me wondering if he thinks he isn't going to win the custody thing so his best shot is to try and get back with me? Weird.

Lol at Cooper.

Hope James and Tom get better soon nzpiper.

Yeah G copies lots of things I say too Alex. her latest is far out said in a really annoyed voice coz the other day I yelled in the car something like far out you stupid dork get out of my way So now she is saying it every time she gets annoyed. Made me realise how careful I need to be now - thankfully she has only picked up the tame things so far
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 11:42am
OMG Shelt.....Your Ex does take the cake sometimes! Maybe he's realised that life isn't so great without you around to do everything for him Ps I hope you do cry today & that it helps your case

You know, hearing about all these little personalities I wish we could all meet up & have a laugh.

Oh my two have been advised to get a divorce LMAO man the fighting yesterday. Then this morning at Playgroup CC knocked down Cooper & the meltdown, talk about hollywood!!

Bugger with all the croup & ear infections & sore throats! CC is going to the dr today as somethings not right with her& Katte's little boy has croup
Kel

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:19pm
Sucks that so many of the little ones are sick at the moment. Hope they all get better soon.

Hope all went well for you today Shelt.

We don't have much talking here either. I'm not too worry cos like you say nzpiper they either walk or talk and we have more of the movement here at the moment. Came into the lounge last night to find Gracie standing on her highchair! She also loves spinning around in circles at the moment until she falls over - then she cracks up laughing. I do have a bit of a tv addict here but many with the ads at the moment cos Blues Clues isn't on.

Sorry can't remember much else of what I read
crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:22pm
We have a tv addict as well - in particular Ellen - but thats probably my fault

Lewis started care last week - and i have to say after a rough start he has settled in quite well - he loves playing with the other care kids and seems to be happy - but i have to say I dont know how families manage it - with 2 working full time - getting everything done - spending time with him - its hard work - my hat goes off to those who do it all the time - I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only for 5 weeks (3 weeks 2 days now)

Words seem to have taken a back seat at he moment - but assuming that has to do with finally discovering walking and starting care.

He has a bit of a runny nose and cough at the moment - sickest he has ever been - but still happy.

Hope you got rid of the nits Pickle - got to love the perseverence of the critters.

Mortgage - we are lucky that its reletivley small - mind you we are trying to get more as we desperatly want the kitchen done (last thing left)

Wish the rain would go away (it did today - but more than 1 day at a time would be good)
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 12:50pm
yay I think the little buggers have found a new home and left us!! the nits that is. That stuff really worked AnC thanks

Just been to a pilates class ouch my stomach hurts!!

All good with us, sorry to hear of the sick babes.

Re the climbing yes we have one of those and her vocab is extreme she wont shut up LMAO, the other day we were in the supermarket and she was in the trolley and we were by the bananas and she says "mummy nanas for Grace and Bede now ta" very clearly the lady beside me just cracked up.

have a good day

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 5:41pm
Yay Pickle!!

What a day, two grumpy terrors so took them to a music group & they were great of course, brought them home to bed & they woke up in a far better frame of mind thank god!

TGTIF....
Kel

pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 7:45pm
No plans for tomorrow which is a great feeling, weather looking a bit shoddy but don't care

Grace is really into playing with her dolls to the extreme that two of them sit in the highchair and we have ti feed them at the same time we are feeding her!! She laughs at us, I am sure she knows she is taking the piss !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 588589590591592 694>