FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 589590591592593 694>
Author
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 7:49pm
Turns out I have a chest infection and G's croup has turned into bronchiolitis so bad she could have done with being in hospital The doc gave us the choice though and so I am monitoring her and giving her ventolin every three hours myself. Gotta go back tommorrow and if there is no improvement we will be off to the hospital. I hate being in hospital coz I spend the whole time trying to get her to get into bed and go to sleep and then she gets disturbed by either the nurses or the other kids in the room.

Yeah Kel he really does take the cake sometimes. I am so over the whole thing. Apparently he had a hissy fit meltdown in his 2nd session so they got him another councellor and it means the coucellor's report is going to be delayed to give him time to respond in a different session. It means that the court date has to be postponed which I am pissed about. I have fufilled all the court's requirements and he hasn't even filed his paperwork yet (orginal court date was Monday), and yet it is me who is being pissed around coz he had a hissy fit

Lol at Gracie spinning in circles Oscarboo

Are you going to keep Lewis in care when you are finished up at work crakars or is he just there temporarily? Good that he has settled in well.

Wow Grace's words are good pickle And yay for getting rid of nits.

How is it going having two Kel? Do they fight much usually or was yesterday just an exception?
Sponsored Links

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:16pm
Shelt - you really deserve a break from all the sickness! Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Good to hear from you Crakars and that Lewis is going well.

I wish I didn't have anything planned for tomorrow. We are off on a bus trip to the gym of all places tomorrow. I usually love this trip but with my head still feeling the way it is I'm not too sure. Meant to be going to the park as well - if the weather behaves itself .

Grace has amazing words Pickle! Are you worried about what she will come out with next???!!!

Sleep can do amazing things can't it Kel! Glad they were better this afternoon.

Suppose I should really go and do something.
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:56pm
Yes very worried about what grace will say next because I can have a potty mouth haha!!

Shelt stay strong hugs to you and gabs

Sonia tha trip sounds great shame u are not feeling too good

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 9:28pm
Man Shelt I don't know how you cope, I think I would be in the looney bin if I had to cope with all the stuff you do

S turns 3 tomorrow, they grow up far too quickly Can't wait to give him his presents but will need to not give them too him before Dh gets home at 3pm. I might crack before then K is going to the carer tomorrow for shorter hours than normal and I have the day off college so that S and me can go have a fun day and then he has a party on Sunday. I think I might be more excited than he is.

Kel I find nap time often solves their bad moods, I think sometimes they just get out the wrong side of the bed/cot and need another go at it.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 10:12pm
Oh a whole they are great, they play together well but after a long weekend they need to sort out where they are again & this weeks been the exception for sure. Often I find them playing together in Cooper's room with his ball pit (balls & every toy under the sun in there) and they are giggling & chatting away. Teething has taken it's toll I think.

I'm thinking I need to plan something for tomorrow morning but we'll have the morning at home with early naps & then Alia's cross country is at 1pm so will go watch her run, She's very excited & she is determined to win and get to the inter-school cluster again.

Shelt, that sucks that you are sick as well as G, I bet all you want is someone to tuck you up in bed. I guess your Mum is helping out once she's home for the night? Honestly....that ex, how can he get away with stuffing you & G around so much??

Happy Birthday to s...wow 3 years old!! Out of the terrible twos!!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:41am
Happy Birthday S! - 3 years old - I remember 3 being a nice age (but i could have rose coloured glasses on)

Shelt that ex seems like a right (beep). Hope you and G start to feel better soon
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 2:05pm
Happy Birthday to S! three is a cool age - bet the last three years have speed by.

Great day for us - DH took Bede to school so Grace and I had a lovely slow start. Went to meet my mum at a mall for coffee and cruising the shops. Now home with Grace asleep and I have just lit the fire as it is getting a bit chilly. Hopefully my mum will pick up Bede from school and then I wont have to go out or wake Grace up.

Shelt hope G is starting to feel better.

My firiends daughter who has been diagonised with two brain tumours has takern a turn for the worse so not looking good. Tomorrow we are having a party for her as it is very unlikely that she will have her first birthday - life sux. Looking forward to tomorrow but at the same time I am not!

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:26pm
SIL had her scan today & everything looks good. 13 weeks & due 17th Dec I feel like putting a ticker up My brother rang me & asked me to put together a spreadsheet of everything they are going to need & at what weeks & for how many weeks!! LMAO

Now the dilemma...the itti Bitti that I have for them...do I send to him or her He's all excited about them & her not so much but then again I don't expect her to get all excited. Or I could just wait & give it to them together when I know she's down his way??

Hugs to your friend Pickle, I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Happy Birthday S, hope you are crashed in bed & MUmmy & Daddy have their feet up & are celebrating 3 years of terror
Kel

Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:17pm
Thanks everyone. G isn't really any better and neither am I but we aren't any worse so that's gotta be a good thing. I took her back to the doctor today and he said I could drop the ventolin back to 3-4hrly instead of 3hrly and I don't have to monitor her quite so closely now. He gave me a medical cert till Wednesday but I am hoping to get back to work before then. Will have to see how she goes. Work rang me 5 times today coz clients are wanting stuff urgently from me. I'm not looking forward to going back coz there is going to be a huge backlog to deal with as I've been off for a week now.

Lol two_boys sometimes I feel like I am in the looney bin !! Yeah Kel I am lucky coz my Mum does help out a little bit. Not much with the Gabrielle stuff but just the fact that there is someone else to share the washing/cleaning/cooking/housework with makes a big difference to doing it all myself. Its still hard when I'd like to be tucked up on the couch and G is into everything.

Hope you are feeling better for your trip Sonia.

Happy birthday S!! Hope you and he had a nice time together today two_boys.

Thats sad about your friends little girl pickle. It must be really hard. Life does suck sometimes.

Yay for your SIL Kel. Wow, a spreadsheet! How organised are they! Hmmm, sometimes its nice to get fluffy mail but then again I guess there is plenty of time to wait and give them in person.
oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:29pm
The bus trip wasn't too bad. I survived the gym but the head teacher broke her ankle . Bit of a freak accident and she will be in plaster for 6 weeks now.

Happy birthday S!

How did A go in the cross country Kel?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:40pm
Holy crap Sonia! How on earth did she do that!!

Alia got 5th I'm gutted as she practised & practised at home. Dad told her to start out steady which meant she got stuck behind the slower kids & she doesn't like to pass. She thinks she's going to the cluster but they only take places up to 3rd.

Yeah Shelt, I thought my Dad was anal at times, but boy my brother takes the cake!

So you guys need to help me....what do you reckon you need for certain ages. Gosh it's been a while LOL
Got the bassinette & bedding sorted, plus a rocker, & various toys for that age.
Reckon Cooper will be out of his cot by the time their kid needs it, but they'll have to buy their own mattress as we're going to build Cooper a bed to fit his cot mattress.
He also wants all my nappies!!! Which I am tempted to give them my oldest ones & then I can get new ones but would prefer money for them. Although some have stretched elastic so dont think I could sell them.
High chair, probably could loan this as well.
Have a range of neutral clothes for them as well.
Talk about them doing it on the cheap! They are not having my mountain buggy though!
Kel

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 1:57pm
She's not entirely sure! She did it as she stepped off the airtrack but not sure if she was right on the edge of the mat or not . Just waiting to find out how long she is off for now. Won't know more until she has been back to the hospital on Wednesday to see if she can get a proper cast on or not. She did it very early on in the morning and carried on at the gym before coming back to work on the bus. She then drove herself to the hospital in Palmy. I don't think she could believe it was broken cos it wasn't that painful.

G was so funny this morning. She watched me blow my nose then got another tissue from the box, wiped my nose and face for me and then turned around and did it to DH as well. She has been learning things so quickly lately and everything just seems to be falling into place for her. She has just about mastered feeding herself her dinner after me commenting to Mum just last week about how could I stop her turning the spoon/fork over and losing everything off it.   I just can't believe how grownup she seems now.

Sorry Kel - not too good on what you need at what stages. Never figured that one out myself!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 3:20pm
Haha me neither! I did remember something early this morning but blowed if I can now!

Cooper pretends to wipe his butt!!

Funny you say about the spoon, he's gone from not being interested at all to I'm going to scoop up my food & it quite good at it.

We won a spot prize at the Plunket Gala today, about $50 worth of baby food & the Holsts baby food book. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with the food as some is dairy. Others I might use to try Cooper & see how his food intolerances are going. We doubt we can get any worse than his bowel motions at the moment.
Kel

oscarboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:20pm
Just found out I have another teacher down tomorrow with the flu!   Great way to start the week (when I am left in charge) and she doesn't know how long till she will be back either. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong. At least HT is just a phone call away if I do need her.

They do some funny things don't they Kel. Yay for winning the prize.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:59pm
Lol Kel I had a list! Not quite as detailed as to ages and stages etc but I had a page of things I brought before I had G - I just wrote them all down when I was preg and went about buying them little by little to spread the cost out. I dug out a copy of it and this is some of what was on it:

Clothes - cardies, bodysuits, singlets,hats, booties etc (I didn't buy much but I did buy the basics in all sizes when I saw them on sale up to size 0)

Bibs, cloths (muslin and facecloths), cloth nappies for spills, plastic backed burb cloths.

Floor mat (plastic backed) for tummy time out and about.

Capsule, head support, toys for hanging on the stroller and capsule.

Front pack and sling.

Nappy bag inc wipes, creams, nappies, changing mat etc

Blankets, both for the cot and for out and about in the stroller and car

Feeding pillow/cushion, breast pads to catch the leaks

Baby bath and bath stuff (towels, moisteriser, bath liquid stuff)

Nail clippers

Play gym, rocker, swing, exersaucer and jolly jumper

basinet, cot, cot sheets, mattress protectors, dry cot, blankets, mobile

Wraps

Change table and a changing pad

Nappies, wipes, creams etc

Then books, rattles,toys etc

I also brought a chest of drawers and bedside cabinet for G

Hope that was kinda what you were looking for.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 9:06pm
These things weren't on my list but they would need them later on:

Bowls, spoons, plastic cups etc

Also I brought a breast pump and a kit with containers etc to store breast milk.

I was surprised after I had Gabrielle how much people brought us. Its so hard to know what you will get given. I didn't buy everything off my list and still ended up with heaps of some things. People seem to like giving newborn size clothes and soft toys. Gabrielle got piles and piles of each plus heaps of polarfleece blankets etc but not much else.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 9:20pm
Lol at your G wiping yours and your DH's noses oscarboo. Gabrielle likes to copy me as well and she is getting good at blowing her own nose.

I was just thinking this morning that Gabrielle seems more and more a toddler now and is getting so much more grown up. She has been carrying her rugby cards around this week and spreading them out on the table looking at them. Its so funny, she sorts through them and looks at each one.

Funny about Cooper and Gracie and the spoon. Gabrielle has just started feeding herself in the last couple of days. She was always wanting to do it herself but not managing to get the food into her mouth, but about 4 days ago she figured out how to do it and she is so cute feeding herself now.
pickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 9:54pm
crikey you forget how much "stuff" babies need. AnC it is nice to lend stuff especially to family but make sure if you want it back you tell them. Keep the stuff that you want and dont feel any pressure to lend what you dont want to

Our party for my firends daughter yesterday was amazing - there must of been about 200 people there and everyone was of very mixed feelings. The baby is not well and there were lots of tears some joy and lots of sadness as we all gave her a cuddle (sh*t I am crying again as i type! ) as she is not well but the family have decided that there has been enough medical intervention and she is on pain killers so they are keeping her at home until the end - every day is a blessing. [:^
(] Give all your kids a big cuddle we are all so lucky, this kind of thing put so much into perspective.

We had a nice weekend even though the weather a bit shoddy in Auckland but at leat we dont get snow haha, us aucklanders soooo wouldnt cope with that

have a good week

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 10:35pm
Oh that's so cool but yet so sad, it's good to see so much support around them. Yes we are very lucky. I know Coopers got issues but on the grand scheme of things compared to some kids it's like having a runny nose!

You rock Shelt!!! He's planning on writing down who he's borrowed stuff off & will return it. I have a couple of things that I'm keeping for my kids kids Stuff that's been handed down to me.

Yes it is amazing how many polar fleece blankets you get! I use some as sheets as Alia loves sleeping in between them!

Hehe I sold my baby bath so he won't be getting that from me! I only got the $15 one from payless plastics anyway.

OMG tonight, Cooper ate all his dinner mostly by himself!! YAY & too boot it was just slightly mushed up version of what we had!!
Kel

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:38pm
I've just had Cooper up & screaming for a bit. He first woke at 9.30 & then again at 10.45 & he ended up backed in the corner in the kitchen trying to get away from me He was so miserable & besides himself, you would have thought I had beaten him, especially when he slid down to the floor, which is when my heart about broke. DH came over then (he had been in loo) and picked him up. I was trying to get gaviscon into C. It took all DH's strength to hold him so we could get the stuff down his throat! After more screaming DH gave him nurophen as well just in case it's his teeth.

I think it's the Indian I craved & ate Friday night. It just does my head in that I can't just eat anything I want. I'm sick of cooking every night & every day.

We've had one solid poo in the last 2 weeks...the rest have been basically liquid. I just don't know what to do apart from going visiting the paed & the dietitian with a baseball bat.

I know I've only got myself to blame, I broke the "rules" I'm the one who put the crap in my mouth but by god damn it I should be able to. Well no I shouldn't cause I've had asthma the last two days & forgot about the food I'd eaten, loaded with Ghee which I'm allergic to. Man it pisses me off that I got stuck with all the genetic faults!

Sorry about the pity post. I feel better now, it was so upsetting to have your baby back off in apparent fear of what you are going to do. Here's hoping we get some sleep tonight.
Kel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 589590591592593 694>