FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Feb 09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 386>
Author
AuntieSarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 7:15pm
Oh Aithne that sucks! Your iron could have dropped quite a lot in 3 months of being pregnant so maybe you should get it tested again? My friend is 29 weeks and her stored iron has gone from 114 to 11 whatever that means, doesn't sound good anyway. Babies just suck whatever they need out of you and leave you to suffer it seems!

Originally posted by Angs1982 Angs1982 wrote:

Had some rather big news this week. Looks like DH is going away for 3 months starting exactly when baby is due. Guess I'm doing this whole thing by myself ay.

What terrible timing for you! Is he in the army or something? I hope you live near family or close friends who can help you out while he is away.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Colapop Colapop wrote:

I wondered how much exercise everyone is doing? I go aqua jogging once a week (it's great!) and for 20 min walks about twice a week - but maybe should be doing more?

I've been doing stuff all up until the past week, tried walking but after about 15 minutes my back hurts, so was just doing 15 minute walks about every 2nd day. But this week I've been aqua jogging twice for 45 mins each time, and started pregnancy yoga. I love the aqua jogging and intend to continue with it twice a week (I think it helps that I go with another preg friend and we chat the whole time so the time passes quickly!) And pregnancy yoga is once a week for ten weeks.

I feel much better for it. I got a bit of a nasty shock when I got on the scales the other day so thought I better get off my lazy bum and do something lol.
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 8:16pm
Thanx Auntie Sarah, i didnt really know that could happen.

I will deff talk to the midwife on tuesday about getting some more bloods, even if it is to ease my worry about why im still being sick.

Oh gosh, i have been way to scared to jump on the scales haha, especially seen as my two main cravings recently have been chocolate and burgers (not together though haha.)

Last time i had looked i had already put on some of what i had worked so hard at losing.

The way i think is ok ill gain weight now and then after ill go on a vegan diet again to lose all my baby weight and then when i have enough energy again i will join up to another gym.
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 9:33am
I think I'm finally starting to 'pop out'

Definately more noticeable at all times of the day (not just when I've eaten a huge meal now) and over the last 2-3 days I've not been able to do up the top button of my jeans.

A shopping trip for clothes might be on the cards...!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntieSarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 10:39am
Oh my gosh spirals - you're still in your normal jeans? I haven't been in mine since about 13 weeks Mind you I'd put on a few kilos while we were overseas earlier in the year so they were already a bit tight before I got pregnant lol.

Anyway exciting that you're popping out! And have fun shopping! I went yesterday to get some trackpants for yoga and found some at k-mart on special for $13! Woohoo They're really comfy too.

We just had pancakes and bacon for breakfast ,mmmm
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 11:48am
I notice there's a lot of food-talk these days. I guess that means I'm not the only one who's feeling more hungry lately.

Two of the parents at our preschool had healthy baby girls last week. Such lovely news. I spoke to one of the dads on Friday, and he was just glowing. He was sooo happy and so proud. It made me week in the knees. I tried to imagine that being DH in 4 months time.
Like yours Rashika, my DH has not read a single thing, not even the book for dads-to-be I especially bought for him (Then, normally he only reads the newspaper). He also doesn't talk much about the baby (but he isn't much of a talker anyway) and he hasn't started talking to my bump yet. As a matter of fact he does not seem too interested in my bump, he's more concerned with me. Which I guess isn't such a bad thing, as I'm convinced that once our wee girl is born I'll be down to second place pretty quickly. So I better enjoy the attention.
I'm sure though that he's thinking about the baby. But I'm hoping that the antenatal and hypnobirthing classes will make him open up a little. Will be good for him to relate to other dads-to-be.
I'm hoping DH will be able to feel the kicks soon. I'm feeling heaps of them now. So weird. Nothing until last Wenesday, and suddenly so many. But DH isn't quite patient enough to keep his hand on my tummy for more than a few minutes. I'm sure he'll feel them soon though.

Aithne, can your vomiting be caused by tiredness?
I never vomited in the first tri, and suddenly 2 months ago I started throwing up. Part of it must have been the constipation, but I also noticed I was always exhausted on the days I vomited. And still, on Thursdays and Fridays I always feel quite nauseous. Too much of a coincidence I believe.
Angs1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angs1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:08pm
Poor Aithne I sympathises fully. The nausea has started to come back from me but no vomiting - weird! Apparently your iron levels drop heaps but then about week 28 or 30 ish they start to stay the same. These lil tikes just take anything they need from us no matter what the cost to our health.

Yes my darling husband is in the army, lucky me. And no it can't be postponed unfortunately. There is a small chance he could get on one that runs from the 5th November ie in 3 weeks but even then chances are he won't be here for the birth. GRRR.
Needless to say I was extremely upset when we found out but I'm slowly getting over it.

My sister inlaw was due yesterday! I can't wait to be an Aunty. hehe.

I am doing NO exercise and its terrible :( I've started walking a few nights a week but I have decided not to go back to the gym. It's enough of an effort getting through each day.

The bump is starting to get huge and my undies are now starting to fall down. lol!
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:37pm
Awww, Angs that really sucks that your DH mightn't be around for your due date Poor you! I really hope you have some supportive family (or friends!) nearby that will be there for you.

The cake turned out really well! I will post it in the recipes section so that it's easier to find I have been baking loads in the past few days - muffins and cake on Friday and then peanut butter cookies yesterday... lucky DH can take most of the cookies to work

I've been trying to go to 2-3 prenatal yoga classes a week since about 12 weeks. I love it and it makes me feel soooo nice and relaxed. I have been swimming a couple of times a week too (properly swimming as opposed to just mucking about like I do the other days LOL). Although that has dropped off to more walking up and down the pool. I need to do some arm work - my poor arms are looking really wobbly I keep meaning to give that elliptical trainer thingee a go at the gym but I never do ... Auntie Sarah, so know what you mean about getting a nasty shock from the scales I get weighed every 4 weeks at the doctor's and YIKES last time was a bit scary!

Aithne, I was going to say as well - do you think the being sick could be linked to being really tired now that you're back at tech? (Touch wood) I haven't been feeling nauseous much at all recently but the days that I do feel a bit gross are usually when I am REALLY tired. And my MS was worse on days I was exhausted too. Maybe you are doing too much?

Yay for popping out Spirals! But I am so jealous that you have been in your normal jeans until now! I am hanging out for my trip to Aussie to hopefully find some decent "maternity" jeans. I haven't been able to wear mine since about 13 weeks either.

Ella, that's really cool about the new arrivals in your school community. It is pretty amazing that that will be US in a few months' time huh. I don't think my DH got all that excited until our friends came to visit and their baby is due v soon so it was much more "real" for them ... so Dad-2-b was talking about how exciting it all was .. definitely got DH thinking (and talking) more. There are a few books out there for "expecting dads" that are really funny - would they appeal to your DH perhaps? I know that's pretty much the only way to get mine to read about the baby And I send him the weekly updates from BabyCenter LOL.

Righto - I really need to keep up to date with all your posts more often so I don't need to write such long novels at the end of each weekend
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:58pm
FYI - have posted the Orange Cake and Peanut Butter Cookies recipes in the Food and Recipes section.

The PB cookies one is in the thread called Biscuit/Cookies or something like that, started by Maya/Emma.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 1:25pm
Morning everyone
I have been away all week (on work and then travelling with DH while he works and a mini holiday... probably the last)... wow there is so much to catch up on, 4 pages!!

Spirals I am so sorry to hear about your cat, it is like loosing a family member, you get so close to them

Gas we got the exact same cot last weekend, put it up as soon as we got it, it is so nice and good to have NZ made stuff!

We are getting our mountain buggy today, I am sooo excited, can't wait!

Angs1982 I am sure you will have lots of support from your family while DH is away (and from us on Ohbaby)!!

I haven't been to the gym for about 3 weeks now, going tomorrow... haven't weighed myself either, am too scared...

Well I should probably stop writing otherwise this is going to be a novel, hope everyone is having a good day, I am almost finished cleaning (which I find so hard to do nowadays), it is such a nice day here in Welly!
Mummy to Eva born 11 Feburary 2009 and Charlotte born 18 April 2011
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 2:56pm
Thanx kiwisj, Angs1982 and Ella, i hadnt thought about the tiredness.

I mean, i have noticed how tired ive been but havent noticed it at the time of running to the loo IYKWIM

I will bring this all up at midwifes appt and get her opinion as well

Thanx

kiwisj, i know what you mean about the baking...

For the last couple of weeks ive baked all sorts from, oat biscuits to caramel slices to cheesecakes to lemon mirangue pies. I have been averaging on 3 different baked things a week.

Its been great just having that sweet tooth fix on hand, specially for my cravings haha

I think it may be a type of nesting. Instead of over tidying up and rearranging everything in the house we are baking heaps haha.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 3:06pm
LOL Aithne - my 35wk preg friend says the same .. she has a pantry full of muffins but the baby's cot hasn't been made up yet

Oooh .. just remembered ... pleased to report DH posted a notice downstairs yesterday with all the furniture and stuff we're trying to get rid of to free up the baby's room ... now just waiting for the phone calls
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 3:11pm
Hahaha, Yep, that sounds like me, the only thing put up for baby is the bassinet (thanx to mum) .

Will get round to the rest at some point haha
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 6:43pm
Aithne, I was like that around 7 months on - ALWAYS baking and stacking on the weight at the same time !!

I do no exercise I guess I have a fairly physically demanding job, but after work, looking after a toddler and being constantly tired, I just can't be bothered. I haven't put much weight on though, but that will come once I finish work I guess!

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 8:00pm
Well guys, I finaly posted a picture in the belly pics. Unfortunately it ha come up huge, even though I've tried to resize it in photobucket. (I guess I need to practice some more in that programme).

I do try to excercise, but I often find I'm too tired, especially since I work till 5.30 most days (only on Tuesd. I finish at 1pm), and after 6 pm I tend to collapse.
I really feel like I'm putting on weight, but don't know how much as I don't own any scales.

Does anybody feel like it's getting heavy. I know I don't have that much of a belly yet, but when I went for a walk today I just felt really heavy at the front. I can't even imagine what that's gonna be like 2 months from now (or 3 or 4!)
Colapop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colapop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 9:21pm
hi,
yeah, I feel pretty 'heavy' too. I've put on 4kg and it's all in the front. Someone mentioned to me the other day 'you don't look pregnant from behind' - I thought that was quite a rude comment!

Great weekend!
Cola
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 9:37pm
Cola, I think most people mean that as a compliment though So don't take it to heart

Shell, doesn't sound like you need to do any extra exercise with all the running round you do! You will need the rest once you finish work too!

Right, off to look at your belly pic now Ella ......
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
febbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote febbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 8:38am

Oh Colapop I would take that as a compliment and run with it!! I feel like my butt has put on weight but I am mostly in the front as well. We went out on Saturday night and everyone was saying I looked really good and that I was small for how far along I was. It did make me feel good as I was in such a tizz as to what to wear.
Went for a big walk yesterday mornig with my Mum and then a smaller walk in the afternoon wioth DH and his Mum, certainly feeling it today!
womblecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote womblecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 11:50am
hi all - i've decided to join the forum and maybe pick up some tips and stuff.

I am due 18th Feb 09 - and signs are we are having a girl. Bit harder to predict than a boy but have had 2 scans where they say they think it is a girl so we are taking that :)

We are planning for my husband to be a stay at home dad and would be interested in hearing from others who have the same plans/thoughts.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 1:09pm
Welcome to OhBaby, womblecat!! Congratulations on your wee girl Is this your first?

There have been a couple of threads recently about stay at home Dads - if you click on the search button (between "memberlist" and "private messenger" just above the post topic button) then you should find loads of people's experiences. Definitely try the General Chat forum as well

I'll be the one at home with our wee bubs, but my Dad was a SAHD for about 5 years and I loved having him around! My own DH would love to do this for a year or so but there's just no way I can earn what he does

Yoga day today! And then the rest of the week I am super busy with being a maternity model    The dressmakers that did my wedding dress are doing a show on Wednesday night and I am their maternity model - get to wear 4 dresses and keep them all afterwards as they're all made-to-measure Will definitely post some pics if they look OK .. I'm quite looking forward to it. Tonight we're getting lessons on "how to walk" LOL.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 386>