FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Feb 09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 386>
Author
febbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote febbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 8:41pm

Did you get a letter about the new Birthing area at Wellington Colapop? I got one yesterday saying 'Congratulations its likely your baby will be born in the new unit" Thought cool until I read the date 12th February!! Eck I certainly hope not otherwise someone is in big trouble! Oh well next time. Sounds really lovely.
My midwives are based in Newtown but I know they were pretty full when they took me on. Boo your not liking yours, its a pretty important relationship and you need to be comfortable with her.
Sponsored Links

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 8:15am
Originally posted by kiwisj kiwisj wrote:

I also get that stitch kinda feeling if I walk too far too quickly .. amazing how things are getting so much more difficult - and still 3 months to go!

I'm quite glad to hear some of you are having this as well. I've been getting these stiches for weeks now when I'm walking and I was wondering what it was. Sometimes I even have to ask DH to slow down! I normally have to pull him along as I find he's a slow walker, and I used to be able to walk for hours. Not so now.

Ok, just a little more bump-talk. I do realise I'm quite obsessed with this topic, sorry.
I really popped out this week, and it may sound weird, but I'm sure it happened on Tuesday. In the last few days 3 people noticed I'm pregnant!!!! This is the first time that's happened. It just was so funny. I was talking to them, all of the sudden they look, let out a lttle gasp, look again, point, "are you....?" It actually felt really good, couldn't help smiling every time it happened.
So, finally I now officially look pregnant, hurray!!!
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 8:26am
Cola - that's crap. Definately change your midwife if you can. I didn't contact any so don't know who's got space if anyone. I'm under an obs in Lower Hutt. I have jacked up a midwife in Kapiti for the post-birth visits but obvoiusly that's a completely different area.
How on earth has this woman managed to get away with being like that to her clients. Shocking!

Kiwisj - I also get to see baby every 4 weeks as my obs has us in his office and always does a check when we go. Cool isn't it.

I want to learn to bake. It seems that all kiwis can bake amazing things - I've never baked in my life. But my mum is a professional cake maker so I never needed to either! But I've been saying a lot to DH lately that I want to try and turn out some tasty delights. Watch this space...
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:36am
^^ the Edmonds cook book is great to start with for baking Spirals. I was useless at baking too, but I have got more domesticated since becoming a mum.

colapop - poor you having a rude midwife, hope you find someone else soon. You need to feel relaxed and happy with the person ay, as they're going to share an amazing time in your life. Good luck.

Yay Ella glad you're looking pregnant now, hehe!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 3:17pm
Yay for looking pregnant, Ella!

I second the Edmonds cookbook for getting started with baking .. the recipes always work and are generally yummy so people will like your baking and you will want to do more I really feel like some afghans this weekend.... mmmm, yum.

Cola, hope you find a nicer midwife ASAP. It's so important to be comfortable with the one you go with - good luck x

I'm feeling a bit paranoid today as I haven't felt the baby move as much as usual yesterday/this morning. He's still moving a bit just not dancing up the usual storm...

Have a great weekend everyone, we've got friends coming for dinner tonight so I have a busy day ahead!
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 9:53am
Ella - same as you. I've popped out this week too. I can no longer do any of my jeans/trousers up and I got DH to take a piccy of me from the side the other - I can't believe the difference. I'll have to post it up here later.

Off out shopping now - to be spoilt, cos it's my birthday   
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 12:11pm
Oh happy birthday spirals !! hope you have a good day

How is everyone today?

Im making fudge, its like the easiest recipe ever and doesnt need cooking, so im just waiting for the first half to cool then i will ice it

Yummy hehe.
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 12:23pm
Happy birthday Spirals!!! Hope you're being spoiled.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. I know I am. For the first time in ages I feel relaxed and not hurried, I'm sure that's because we've got another free day tomorrow.

Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 1:48pm
Hey everyone

I said to my midwife the other day that I get the stitch if I walk too fast and she said it is actually your ligaments stretching but feels like the stitch... weird aye.

Cola - mine is through Domino midwives, you could ring them and see if they have any gaps. I got that letter about the new maternity ward... I am due on the 7th and it starts on the 12th so not sure I will get to be in the new one, I really hope so but at the same time I don't want to as I don't want to wait that long to see bubs!

Ella congrats on looking preggers, so exicting!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPIRALS!! Enjoy your shopping!

Kiwisj I had the same thing where baby hardly kicked one day, I got a bit paranoid but since she is back to being crazy and bouncing everywhere! Amazing how we feel now that we are preggers, makes me wonder if I am going to be a paranoid mum... it will be hard not to I think!

We (DH and I) are making a lime cheesecake and a chocolate mousse cake for my sisters birthday dinner tonight... mmm!

Mummy to Eva born 11 Feburary 2009 and Charlotte born 18 April 2011
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 2:46pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPIRALS!!!!

Yum! All the food everyone is making today sounds delicious!!

Mel&Kel, me too - he went back to the usual football practice yesterday lunchtime.. I spent ages in the kitchen yesterday as we had friends over for tea and at one point DH looks in and was like "what's wrong? you just had the weirdest look on your face" coz I had just had the biggest kick ever! It is quite scary how much I worry already though. Imagine in 15 years time ...

Interesting about the 'stitch' being ligaments. Good to know though!

It's a long weekend here as well, although DH has to work tomorrow so it doesn't feel like it BUT I am off to Sydney on Wednesday! So it think this week will go pretty fast! Enjoy your extra day off ladies

Edited by kiwisj
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 8:22pm
I so know what you mean Gas.

I was so confused when i couldnt find it and then was told i have to reach 100posts...

I totally understand though why they have changed it, even though it does suck for us that cant get on that often or are still kind of new haha.

Trying to reach 100 though, not many to go
Colapop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colapop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 9:31pm
hi

Febabe – what date are you due? I’m not due til’ the 28th – so should make it to the new hospital.

thanks for the support about wanting to get a new midwife. I haven't contacted any yet - but will get onto it at some point. One lady told me that if you don't have one, the hospital will 'give you' one while you are in labour?? Has anyone heard of that? (probably a better option than the one i've got now!)

Yah - bought a cot today from the baby factory - I love that place! It was really reasonable - $400 with a really nice mattress. We have set it up with duvet etc.. gets the heart string going.. it's just waiting there for the baby.

Had a moment - couldn't fit a single pair of togs in farmers - damn breasts need to stop growing!

Will try again tomorrow - at the sales.

happy labour day!
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 10:39pm
How do you get this letter??

Im from the wellington region and my midwife will deliver in welly hosp but she has told me she prefers keneperu...

Im still deciding between the two, but what is this about a new unit at welly hosp??
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 10:43pm
Oh and Colapop, with my first midwife choice i ended up being given a team of them and was then told none of them would even be there at the birth but i would be doing it at welly hosp and would be given a random midwife on duty. So i know they have them there, just incase that turns out to be your best option.

I would try though to find another midwife, just as it is such an important bond, its why i chose to find another midwife, and am happy i did.

I didnt want to be stuck with someone i didnt know.

But that is just my own opinion...

Good luck with it either way Colapop
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 11:19pm
Aithne - congrats on breaking the hundred

Cola - yay for the new cot!! Boo about the bikini though. If it makes you feel any better I don't fit any of the ones in Mothercare here - and they're maternity ones! I am hoping to find a new one in Aussie next week coz my old bikini kinda still fits but my boobs are pretty much falling out LOL.

OMG - my ticker has just changed to 99 days to go - double figures!!!!
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 11:23pm
Thanx kiwisj - didnt take as long as i thought haha, but i have been on here most of the day

And wow, time does fly, congrats on being in double figures!!

Cant wait to be there too...

Not too long now
Spirals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 8:50am
Thanks for the messages everyone. I had a really lovely day - DH spoilt me rotten. It was perfect

Colapop - we almost bought that same cot yesterday too. It's a real bargain isn't it. Proper sprung mattress with it too. I love the mechanism on it - that you can lower the side one-handed. That's an important factor for us. We think we might go back and buy it today.
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 11:37am
Kiwisj, I hope you have a lovely holiday in Aussie, and don't spend all your time shopping!

Interesting that those stiches are also stretching ligaments. Do you think that will go on till the end? For some reason I thought the stretching was only for a few months, but thinking about it, that wouldn't make sense, as our bellies will keep stretching.

Going to do nothing all day today. I kinda feel quilty as there is still so much to do in the house, but I feel I deserve a day of pure relaxing. And the weather is beautiful!
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 2:18pm
Thanks Ella

LOL I think the stretching has got a wee way to go yet!!! But I reckon we'll have loads of other weird things going on by the end and we'll be used to the "stitch" feeling.

I put our spare sofa on freecycle last night and got 7 responses - just hoping it's not too big for someone to actually come take it away! I'm so excited that the baby's room is BECOMING the baby's room (verrrrrry slowly).

Ella, don't feel guilty taking the day to do nothing - you deserve it! Growing a baby isn't doing nothing anyway

Spirals, glad you enjoyed your birthday. Well done to your DH for spoiling you
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Colapop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colapop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 3:07pm
Aithne - hi, I assume the midwife put in some form and that is why I got the Wellington hospital letter - I would ask her. The letter was just informing me about the new unit, when it opens and where to go - I haven't booked it in or anything. It does sound really good though - units have baths and some units have en suites. It sounds modern and more inviting than the old area in the hospital. I think it opens Feb 9th or thereabouts.

Spirals - the cot is great. We also got all of the Manchester 50 % off - got the teddy bear (gender neutral) design. Such a nice day, wonder if you'll bother going to the shops?   I went for a big walk 45 minutes through the Karori bush and now I feel great.

Cola
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 386>