FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Feb 09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 386>
Author
febbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote febbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 6:29pm

Hey Kiwisj great to have a friend so close with a new baby. A friend of mine had a baby last Tuesday as well but a boy. She sent me an email today filling me in on the birth. She has been so cool at filling me in on her progress especially as she got closer to having the baby. She ended up having a c-section as baby was breech, had turned quite late in the piece but all ended well. Can't wait to go and have a cuddle. I am just so clucky.
Yay for tomorrow being Friday hope this nice weather holds for the weekend.
Sponsored Links

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 7:55pm
Wow, lots of writing these last few days! As my memory doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be I won't be able to respond to everyone.

Angs1982, what a little rascal that baby of yours, not showing you if "it" is a he or a she.
Had to laugh about your weightgain remark.
I also noticed that the baby + fluid mentioned in the books definately do NOT weigh the same as all the weight we are supposed to gain.
Ah well, it may all come off again after pushing that pram around all the time next year.

NZtui, am a bit jealous your finishing up on December 24th already. If only. My last day at work will be January 30th. And I even have to work between Xmas and NewYears. Just can't afford to stop any earlier. But at least I will have the stat days off. I'm also trying to bring my hours back to 32 a week, for the month of January. It's going to be a tough month.

Kiwisj, so exciting all your friends having babies. I love talking to people who have children. (Funny how I never really got that urge before. My poor childless colleagues must be bored sh*tless by now, and they'll still have to endure another 4 months of it!)

Finally, welcome to the new people. I can't believe we're still gaining new February mums. How fantastic! We're getting a rather long list now. Pomikiwi, which city are you living in?

1 more day to go to the weekend. Yippie!
Angs1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angs1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 9:59am
Oh Ella that is going to be a challenge for you working right through, I'm sure you will cope with the help of lots of pampering from Dh?

I have no idea how much we are "supposed" to have gained at this stage but my DH seems to be gaining his belly baby at the same rate. lol.

I'd say I've put on at least 5kgs already!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH.

I've had my first day at home without going any where at all yesterday - I don't think I'm looking forward to next year when it becomes a daily thing.

Does anyone else's DH talk to the baby? I love it when he does, but I haven't been able to bring myself to talk to "it" yet.

febbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote febbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 10:33am

Ange1982 my DH loves talking to the baby, he told it to wake up the other morning in a loud voice, I laughed and told him he won't be doing that in a few months if we haven't slept through the night!
He also plays the baby music.
I have read a few stories but only when I'm by myself!
Yay it's Friday
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 1:47pm
Ella i'm up in Whangarain, hehe!

My hubby talks to my bump it's so cute, I do to sometimes and my little girls give my belly hugs and kisses.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 1:56pm
Friday today! Hooray!

Had my doctor's appointment yesterday. He said the swelling I'm getting is normal and since my blood pressure is perfectly fine nothing to worry about - suggested getting DH to give me foot/leg massages at the end of the day when I have my feet up. I my doctor - when I was getting headaches his solution was neck/shoulder massages from DH too. Best of all he has given me a letter to say I can FLY so I am booking tickets to Sydney today! Yippee! Can't wait to buy some nice maternity jeans and bras

Angs, re the weight gain - omg if I had only put on 5kg so far I would be stoked. I was doing really well till this month .. when the nurse weighed me yesterday I had put on 4kg in 4 weeks    Uh oh. She said it's maybe fluid retention though. And my tummy has gotten massive recently so maybe it's just my huge 649gm baby Ha! Seriously, where does the rest of it go?!?

Pomikiwi, that's really cute getting belly hugs from your girl

Ella, hope you can reduce your hours during Jan, and like you say at least you can have the stat days off - you will just have to make sure your DH runs around after you lots
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Colapop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colapop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 9:42pm
Hi,
wow! A lot of stuff is happening to us all. After my little fainting episode my lmc said i'm probably iron deficient so need to drink OJ and take a supplement in the morning - carbonyl tablets.

Went for scan, baby was so cosy resting, facing my spine, so we couldn't get a profile shot or see the placenta, so have to go back next week for another try. All looked good though. I found the scan a bit confusing.. i've never been good with working out direction!

Anyone else feel sad and cry in the recent 'shortland st' episodes?
Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 5:33am
Felt very much crying after thursdays episode... to get so far and hen loose the baby. Every week i get further on I feel just a wee bit more confident that all will be well.

Ella: i wont be finishing work till early feb, depends a little on how long work closes for at xmas. Looking like xmas to new year so far, so will take the rest of leave I have (which wont be much as i only started in may) before baby comes in feb.
I sent off my PPL application this week and got it BACK on friday, already!! Looks like it is now $345 after tax a week (if you earn above the $408 gross amount), for those of you who wanna know.
Jan 08 :angel:

Two Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 10:03am
Went back for my re-scan today (Fri) and baby was cooperating, yay, so the sonographer could do the brain measurements and check it out, so all is fine and got to take away some photos!
Was nice being able to have a bit more time in bed this morning as went straight to the hosp from home, and in to work for 10.30, so the day seemed to fly by!

Haven't got too much planned for the w/e, will be a bit of a relaxing one I think, but might end up going to a shopping centre in Bromley to hopefully start my Christmas shopping, as would prefer to get it out the way now, rather than when I'll probably be too big and tired closer to the time!

Oh yeah, DH loves 'talking' to my belly also, which I think is really sweet.

Have a good w/e everyone!
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 10:16am
Morning!

I am planning on working until 23 January (giving me 2 weeks)... am thinking Jan will be quite quiet so should be ok hopefully...

I read a 23 week pregnancy thing last night and it said you should have put on about 7kgs now... that made me feel a bit better, not that I have weighed myself in the last couple of weeks...

Rashika that is good news that the parental leave pay has gone up, do you think it is because of the extra tax we get?

Gas I find it hard to walk fast too, I get a pain in my lower tummy, just thought I need to slow down so just walk slow now. I am going to try and express one feed and DH is going to do the 11pm feed (or whatever time it is)... he doesn't go to sleep till about 11.30pm so should be easy for him... yay!

I have no plans for the weekend really either, we put up our cot yesterday and it looks awesome. What kind of mattresses have people been buying? We ended up getting our from Brownings Mattress direct as it is all natural, cotton cot, wool and latex... I hope it is good but it sounds it, wasn't too exepnsive either.

Mummy to Eva born 11 Feburary 2009 and Charlotte born 18 April 2011
Karey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Mel&Kel Mel&Kel wrote:

I am going to try and express one feed and DH is going to do the 11pm feed (or whatever time it is)... he doesn't go to sleep till about 11.30pm so should be easy for him... yay!

I am also planning to express a feed (or two) so when DH comes in from work he can have some Daddy-and-son time while I finish getting dinner ready. Anything to make life easier!!
Have had 1 BH so far - scared the living s*** out of me as didn't have any warning twinges or anything!! Rang the MW straight away and she calmed me down but also said that it's nothing compared to the real thing which has unnerved me a bit!! But I suppose he's got to come out sooner or later and my bladder would prefer sooner!!
As for this w/e - we are shifting to another (bigger & better) house on the farm on Labour w/e so am busy trying to paint cupboards & walls in the kitchen to haul it out of the 70's!! Oh and the inlaws are coming so had better get a move on!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!!
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 1:43pm
Gas - hope your friend and her baby are doing ok, 9 weeks early, wow! Hard to imagine.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 11:43pm
Wow Rashika, you're brave still working in Februari.
I think I rather work through the holidays (at least they're 3 day work weeks), and finish 2 weeks before due date. But I guess if your work closes you have little choice.
I also got my PPL approval this week. Like you I was surprised at how quickly that got returned. Feels good to know that's been sorted.

And ... I bought a buggy today!
I wasn't really planning on it. But I had dragged DH to the Bunnings as I need to do some DIY-work, and Baby city is practically next door so I wanted him to check out the buggies I'd seen there 2 weeks ago. I really liked the Steelcraft Strider 3, as the toddler seat can be reversed to face you. We were in the shop when the shop assistent recognised me and came up "Oh I see you've come back for the Strider, I told you it was gonna be on sale soon". Honestly I had no idea as we hadn't received the mailer. But they had 1 (!!!!) left, which is now ours. $300,- cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago.
I'm pretty pleased with that. I also got a bassinet with the stroller so our wee girl can lie comfortably flat the first few months.

All in all a succesful Saturday.

That reminds me, Kiwisj have you thought about getting a car capsule with a set of snap'n go wheels. I was thinking that may be handy for you if you have to get in and out of taxis. I've been told the snap'n go wheels fold up real easily, and you can just lift the capsule (with baby and all) with you on the backseat of the cab.
Just an idea.
Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 7:50am
Not so much Brave Ella as no real choice i think. Altho it will depend how many holidays I have left, cos I will use them all up before i leave, so might just be the first couple of days of feb... and of course that will totally depend on the baby!! Anything could happen to chance that and if it does, it does. Luckily i have a sit down job and could even work from home If I want.
Great news on the stroller! Didn't even know they were having a sale!

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 10:19am
I use 2 weeks of my PPL before the baby is due. I'm hoping DH will have found a new job by the time baby is born, so maybe I can have a few more weeks unpaid leave after my PPL finishes.
However now that there's a recession kicking in, I have to admit I am getting slightly worried. This is not going to be the easiest time to find a new job. He has to find something though as there is no way we can live on just PPL.
I'm really trying not to think about this.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 2:32pm
Hey Ella, thanks for the snap'n'go tip! That's essentially what I am looking for in a stroller, there are quite a few over here that supposedly fold up easily and can be done with one hand (hmmmm) and then you just put the capsule straight in the car. I would love to get an Orbit which also has a proper stroller seat option (since the capsule won't always be a good idea) and even a toddler car seat! But it's crazy expensive and I'm not sure we want to spend that much on a stroller

I had my doctor's appointment on Thurs and I'm allowed to go to Aussie so I booked my ticket last night! Yay! I'm so excited. Singapore dollar is really strong against the AUD at the mo so I am hoping to get some good bargains while I'm there. Might have a proper look at stroller prices here so if they're cheaper THERE I can buy one Just going for 10 days, I can't wait!

Twoshoes, glad your scan went well the second time and the baby cooperated.

Gas, wow 9 weeks early! Hope you caught up with your friend's sister and got all the news from her. And that the baby is doing well .. must be teeny tiny?

My DH is like yours - he'll put his hand on my tummy for a minute or two (which actually seems to stop any movements LOL) and then give up.. and then the baby kicks almost as soon as he takes his hand away!

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here today, am looking forward to getting out for a swim! Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 2:33pm
^^ whens your due date Ella?

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 6:07pm
That is very nerve-racking ella but I guess there really is little you can do about it, except worry a little...
What sort of work does he do?

kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 7:46pm
Ooh, Ella that is a bit worrying about DHs job .. but fingers crossed he finds something fab very soon! Still a few months till bubs arrives, I'm sure it will be fine for you guys
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Colapop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colapop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:22pm
Hi,

when does the PPL form need to be submitted? I am still waiting to be made permanent so I can apply for this, Otherwise I just get the parental tax which is a lot less,

What a great weekend - weather was great in Welly,

Baby is kicking me lots now.! DH just felt baby the other day,.

I don't fit any of my clothes! I have moved all of my small clothing to the top of the wardrobe and now there's not much left - need to go shopping soon. What's a good price for maternity jeans?

Aqua jogging felt fab today,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 386>