FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 392393394395396 733>
Author
MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:17am
Kathleen I've added you, I'm Lisa Holmes, if there is anyone I don't happen to be friends with add me please

I'll be going to the Sylvia park latch on too so will hopefully get to finally meet some of you!!!

Belinda, we haven't started Ryan on solids at all either (but he isn't 4 months yet), he was all distracted feeding yesterday when I was eating my apple, he kept pulling off to watch me, so cute!!!

I'm hoping we may have sold our car today, gotta get a quote for a couple of small repairs and I'm pretty sure once thats done the guy will buy it, wahoo!!! But then that means I have a massive job cleaning out the 4wd my FIL is letting us borrow, it's a farm vehicle so it's a bit grubby!! But it'll be cool so long as we can get our project car finished by xmas.

Sarah, I'm lucky in that I don't have to decide about work, I don't have a job to go back to, although I will look for some part time work if we need the $. That's pretty cool you can take Floyd to work though.
Lisa mummy to Ryan
Sponsored Links

music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:49am
Well we had another crappy night. Feeds at 1am, 4am, 6:30am and 8:30am. DH changed a pooy nappy at 6am and then after the 6:30am feed she didn't want to go back to sleep. So I got up and we watched some Breakfast tv until 7:15am and I went to put her back down and then realised her PJ's were wet through so I changed her which meant she was awake again so we sat up for another 15min then I put her down at 7:30am. Charlotte then got up at 8am and Sophia woke again. DH dealt with them until Charlotte needed to get dressed and she came into our room. Then to top it all off DH put Sophia on the bed while he got some clothes for Charlotte and she decided she wanted to get into bed too and managed to hit heads with Sophia in the process so Sophia was crying, DH blamed me (in an irrational tired moment), I told him to get stuffed (in the nicest way I could since Charlotte was there) and ended up having to feed Sophia again to calm her down.
So now at 9:30am she's finally gone down again and hopefully will have a decent sleep.

Right, I'm glad I got that off my chest!!

DH and I have also talked about me working. He has managed to get enough students to cover my income since I finished work which is really cool. He also has another couple of contracts in the pipeline which would also help out a lot. So I guess I don't have to go back but then any extra money helps. At this stage I don't really want to go back but I might feel different in another 6 months.
I have to have a meeting with the principal at school anyway. I should be working towards getting registered (my time in Oz has put the process off ) and you need to be working a minimum of 12.5 hours a week to do that (along with a number of other things) So my 2 days a week doesn't quite meet that. So I will talk to the principal and see if we can work out a way that I can do that and if not I might look for something else.
We have also talked about me not going back to school but doing some work in the business. We have about 40-50 kids musicals that are just sitting here doing nothing and we would like to put them into packages to be able to sell to schools etc. There is a lot of work that needs to be done to get them to a salable stage so I could be working on that while the girls are at daycare. Then we can start Sophia when she's a bit closer to 1 year, which is what Charlotte did and then Charlotte will be entitled to her 20 free hours so we'll still only be paying for 1 lot of fees.

So a lot to think about. I like the idea of not going back to school but the outside contact is nice so I guess we'll see what the principal says first and then make decisions from there.

Well this has turned into quite a novel! Hopefully my day will improve but it certainly makes me feel better to know other babies are being or have been as unpredictable as Sophia is!

Oh, and congrats on the feeding Sarah it must feel good to see a little light at the end of the tunnel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:18am
Grrrr 10:10am and she's awake AGAIN!!! I think it's going to be 'one of those days'
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:45am
Will send you a friend request Serendipity.

Cody was back to waking up twice last night. He didn't take any formula last night either. He also didn't sleep very well during the day and ended up having a nap at about 7pm then of course waking up 45mins later. So it took me about an hour and half to get him to sleep. He was very overtired I think. Even though he was yawning and rubbing his eyes and ear everytime I put him in his cot he got all excited and wanted to play. . But we got there in the end. So he slept 10-3.15, then 3.30-5,

I have him on his play mat and he has a toy in each hand and is using them to hit the play mat toys, as well as kicking with his feet. . Cody had a bath with me last night and when I lheld him on his tummy he decided to do a bit of splashing with his hands and everytime the water hit his face he did a sharp intact of breath. So cute .

I would like to go back to work part-time, but because we live in a small town there is hardly any jobs going. If I do work then we will prob get DPs sister to look after Cody or the wife of one of his friends.

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:52am
Morning! Well seems my laptop is working afterall yay! Hopefully it lasts (maybe it just needed a really big two month long sleep lol). I've been looking at Chelsea's newborn photos, aww I forgot how teeny she was hehe. Then I watched Packed to the Rafters which I missed on Tues as DH got out a playstation game and wanted to play it.

Casper, hooray that Cody slept 8 hours the other night! hope you had a good night last night too?

Ali and Jen, I forgot what it's like getting new glasses and contacts hehe, I got my eyes lasered in Oct 07 and it's great not having to think about putting contacts in etc. It was annoying for me in that I couldn't wear my contacts at work because it hurt my eyes (staring at a comp all day) but I couldn't wear my glasses for driving because it looked all distorted, so had to carry round both glasses and contacts etc!

Welcome back Belinda, I wondered where you'd got to! Good idea about the smaller tubs of eggcel

Kathleen will add you to facebook after I've finished here, I'm Rachel Shaw (do I have everyone as a friend now?)

Sarah, wow Floyd is being such a good boy with his sleeping and feeding

Lisa, goodluck with selling the car!

Vanessa, stink you had another crap night hope it gets better really soon for you!

We are going for Chelsea's 5 month jabs this afternoon, hope she forgives me I want the nurse to check her temp first tho as she feels warm to me (really should get a thermometer) and her face/eyes looks kinda swollen... not to mention the skin on her face went all flakey yesterday. Hope she's ok. poor thing! I've stopped giving her solids for the moment (as of yesterday) in case she is having a reaction.

I think I forgot to mention, for the last wee while Chelsea has started grabbing toys etc and putting them in her mouth, yay!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:22am
MM- sorry that your having some bad days and nights, it is awful when you are soo tired you feel sick. Hope she starts pulling some longer hours soon.
Serendipity-I have sent you a friend request.
Welcome back Belinda
Had an ok night with Sam waking at 11.15pm and 3.45am then 7.15am so not too bad although she threw out my theory as she took 160mls at 11.15pm but still woke at 3.45am instead of sleeping through to 5 or 6am that she had done a few times. Although she sounded a bit blocked up when she woke so think she might be getting her first cold I knew I had jinxed myself when I was bragging about not having any colds yet hehe! Although she is sounding better this morning so who knows I hope it can hold off as we are off to Auckland for the weekend.
Hope Chelsea's jabs go ok! Im sure she will forgive you!!!

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:31pm
My gosh you are all chatty today!!!!

Im pretty much just popping in... I have a sick lil boy, we went to the docs yest, she said its early stages of either a cold or bronchitis!!! So we have to go back tomorrow. One of his ears is inflamed. He is so clingy! He slept with me last night as to top it off DP is away for work. But he is in his bed for now, coughing in his sleep and crying. Poor thing, he powerchucked before to! So now i have a heap of bedding to wash! Ahh the fun!

Sorry for no personals, but just having a quick 5 min break, mainly to eat something!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 1:06pm
Oh Manda hope Angus gets better soon it breaks your heart to see them miserable with being sick.

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 1:32pm
Hugs to all that have sick little bubbas.
Salz I have found that steam from the shower really helps when Cody is sounding a bit blocked up.
Hope Chelseas jabs go ok.
Cody has spent the last half hour trying to get some of his 'Lamaze' cloth book in his mouth. He hasn't figured out that he can only fit the corners in and keeps going for the middle of the pages. He makes a lot of noise when playing with it.

Oh I changed my forum name.
Kristy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 1:38pm
HELLO!

Well both myself and Cooper were at the docs yesterday and we are now both on Antibiotics. So hopefully soon we will be better. Cooper seems really dehydrated and the only reason I can tell is that his fontanelle is sunken. I have been offering him extra feeds but it does not seem to be doing anything. Do any of you full time breast feeding mummies who's baby's are not on solids yet offer water?
Had a pretty rough morning with DD this morning, she was being really demanding and in the end she put herself to bed and slept for 1 1/2 and woke up in a way better mood.
Cooper is having a decent sleep at the moment and I think he will be waking any time now.
Salz what is your name, I am not sure I have you as a face book friend.
Well I might go and do something productive, well try anyway.

4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 1:51pm
Hi all

I've been MIA again. Haven't caught up on all the posts yet, and may not ever get around to it, so sorry if there's something I've missed!!

Started studying last week, so have been tied up with that. Kinda. Always seem to end up staring into space instead of reading. lol. Discovered that I REALLY need some new glasses as I've had my ones (well, this prescription) for more than 4 years now (last went to the optometrist when I was 18 weeks preg with #1!!)

And, on top of everything else - Lucy has chicken pox. AND an ear infection. Took her to the after hours GP on tuesday night as her temp was getting up. It spiked to 39.2 while we were there and the doc sent us up to A&E where, after waiting for 1.5 hours - even with the GP referral - they had a look at her and said she was fine! I took her into my GP yesterday cos I KNEW something was up and he looked her over and found the spots and the ear infection, both of which they missed at the hospital! Ok, the spots may have come up overnight, but her ear is really bad, so there must have been some sign of it. So am REALLY peeved off at them right now and so glad I took her in to my own GP.

Hope everyone else is having a slightly healthier winter than us!
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 2:20pm
to the sick mums and bubs hope you all get better soon.

Busy morning here as i ran playgroup so had to be there at 9am to set up, what a mission to get out the door tho Poor Tessa had to wait to get her morning feed luckily shes doesn't mind waiting too much.She also didn't get to go to bed till 130pm and she has to be woken soon as we have to get the kids from school, thurdays and fridays are just not sleeping days more sleep when u can for her.

Rachel so wish i could get my eyes lasered but my eyes r not able to be due to being so unstble and my reterners have something wrong with them also they are at risk of detaching with is not cool and not alot they can do about it. They said something to me last time about some implant thing but not even that is expected to last more than 2yrs i hate my eyes. so hope the kids get their dads good eyes.

I've added u as a friend too kathleen. Hmm i was reading something yesterday can't remember what but had ur name in it probably not u tho. Can't think of where i read maybe TM I'm Ali Morley.

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 2:38pm
well just rang work, told them I would consider coming back part time in October, they said yep I can come back and work with the over twos, I was like um no!! (I worked with the babies so thats where my job is in my eyes) I said o well when there is a job for me with the babies let me know
Poor Floyd has a nasty looking dribble rash on and under his chin looks sore and he keeps itching it.

I went to try and buy some new jeans earlier but failed, why cant all shops be one size!! Couldnt pull up a 16 in Glassons yet a 14 was to big in Farmers but the 12 was a bit tight ( could do up but might not be able to sit down!) Tried k mart and one pair of 14 wouldnt go past knees other too big So I had a big piece of carrot cake and a mocha to make myself feel better   Also bought some hair dye was only $8 at supermarket, hope it turns out ok!!
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 3:06pm
Sarah I had that same problem when I was in Auckland last. Before preg I was a size 8-9. Started off in Just Jeans and sizes 8-10 were way to small but sizes 11 onwards were too big . Ended up in Jeanswest were I got a pair of size 9 skinny jeans that look pretty good and a pair of size 9 bootlegs that will pass, (need to be undone when sitting for long).

I wish I could get my eyes laserd too, but don't think I would be brave enough, also it costs to much. And I think my eyes are still changing. I also hope that Cody gets DPs eyes.

Just went and checked to see if Cody was asleep yet and this is how I found him,

He was hanging on tightly to his teddy, but I managed to unhook one hand so that I could move it away from his nose.
princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 3:37pm
Yay for lots of new facebook friends! The hairdresser was a most successful mission, Jarvis cried a little bit, not too bad though, he spent most of the time sitting on my knee which was lovely. He was crazily obsessed with the hair driers & turned around to watch whoever was using one at the time!

Work stuff - I'm taking 2 students from next week (the big one hour a week of work?!) to see how it goes, hoping my little friend will be asleep when they come, if he isn't he can play on the floor or sit on my knee while I teach them. . If it goes well I'll take a few more - I have 50 or so who would love to start their music lessons again, I"m not in a hurry though. I will be starting a Kindermusik Village class (for mums & babies!) in September, really looking forward to that! I've probably mentioned it before, but if anyone's teaching Kindermusik near you it's sooo worth it to go along for a term. There's some more info about it on my website
. And you can have a look at my website - I made it all by myself!

Right, better go start dinner, DH flies back at 5.30 tonight & I'm so excited to see him!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 3:56pm
Gosh seridipity your talk of teaching with ababy on your knee brings back memories. I did exactly the same with Charlotte when we were in Oz. I went back when she was about 10 weeks old. It was great because I was able to work the lessons to suit me. When she was small I didn't do back to back lessons, just in case she needed a feed. But as she got older I wanted them back to back cause she'd get over it! The only thing was some of the younger students would get distracted and if they didn't want to play a certain part they would say that Charlotte didn't want them to play it!!! especially if she was a bit unsettled! It worked really well and it was a nice way of having some brain action and a bit of extra cash. It did get tricky when she wanted to be on my knee for my singing lessons though as I would be trying to accompany the students while trying to hold onto her as well, thankfully the students thought it was cool to have her there. Yours probably will be cool too, especially if they're hanging out for lessons again.

Well after Sophia waking again at 10:10am and me nearly pulling my hair out I decided to take her for a walk. She got really upset while I was getting dressed so I fed her AGAIN! which was yet another 2 hour feed (after 6:30, 8:30 then 10:30am ) then we went for a walk. She fell asleep nearly straight away and woke up once we got to the shops (about 30min away) and then did the same when we were coming home. I put her back in her bassinette when we got home but she didn't really stay asleep so it was another feed at 12:30 then back to bed at about 1 and she's just waking up now so at least she has had 1 decent sleep.

So I'd better go and get her and get ready for Charlotte coming home too
Panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 4:41pm
hi all....

ah snap Rachel i also had my eyes lasered in Oct 07 - one of the best things i have ever done (other than having JP of course )

Get well vibes to all that need them especially to Roman - so sorry to hear that he needs surgery - i am sure he will be a little fighter and recover super fast

It has been doing my head in what to do about work but my job is all or nothing as i can't go back part time - but i really LOVE it   - am off to Feb but can't stop thinking about what i should do arggghhhhhh pros and cons either way - ekkkkkk

gotta fly the boy awake and needs me xx

catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 8:01pm

Ok gonna try and keep up with you guys

The Rings everyone is talking about are great I had them for DD (given by friend) and I now try to give them to everyone that has a baby as they are just great - so easy for bubba to grab etc...

For all those that are feeling icky with colds/flu etc.. hope you all feel better soon.  Jen hope Lucy only gets a mild dose of the chicken pox, so not fair when they are so little.  Huge hugs for Angelina & Roman that all is going well with them.

Glad to hear all is going well in Dunners Shannon and hope you made it to Harry Potter.

Sarah so cool that you are getting Floyd to BF again - well done you.  So know what you mean about getting Jeans to fit - argah!!!  I finally found some ok ones at the warehouse, cheap so got a couple of pairs.

Well Finn is such a good wee guy - very vocal and smiley which is fab.  Not alot of movement as yet though, quite content to just lie around.  Has a very checky grin at times, especially when drinking his bottle.   Well I am not going back to work (not that I have a job to go back to) just yet will see how things go.

Love the pick of Cody with his Teddy so cute!!

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:04pm
Ha ha, Cody looks adorable hugging his teddy like that!

Hope all the sick mums and bubbas get well soon!

Serendipity, I've sent a Facebook friend request too.

Rachel, that's cool that Chelsea is grabbing at toys now!

Kristy, I haven't started giving Campbell water yet - for those mummys with older kids, when did you start offering water, and how did you give it?

As for my myopic eyes, I wish I could get them lasered! But it just costs too much for me to consider it seriously. My brother has had it done, and its worked well for him.

Ooh, I just ordered Campbell's high chair! I've heard good things about the Mocka designer chair, and its affordable, so ordered one tonight!

Edited by whitewave
queenb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:29pm
Sarah that's so awesome about Floyd! Good luck figuring out whether to go back to work or not. Same with the other ladies who are in the same dilemma. My suggestion is to look hard at something you can do at home Us mummies are very creative, so I'm sure you'll find a great business idea that would work for you!

Vanessa, yikes, big hugs for you! Hope Sophia has a better night tonight so you can get some REST. Know how you feel tho, when Layla was waking like that it was so hard. You can see why sleep deprivation is such an effective torture method

aww such a cute pic of Cody!

Serendipity kindermusik looks fantastic, pity you're the only one in the north island that teaches it!

Sending healthy vibes to all the sick bubbas out there, and much love and prayers for Roman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 392393394395396 733>