FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 733>
Author
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 5:02pm
Aww wee clothes! I haven't bought any this time around. I did buy one stretch'n'grow and some cute wee socks the first time I got pregnant, and my mum bought a bunch of stuff, which is hiding in a draw in the spare room until such time as we need them
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Sponsored Links

Tigerish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 5:21pm
I don't think I'm brave enough to buy any baby stuff yet. Will probably wait until we're at least past the first trimester. It will be a nervous six 1/2 weeks!

mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 6:36pm
Ive brought one sleeping bag thing which is super cute was on special at pumkin patch last week when we went to queenstown.
Off home this weekend (dunedin) to tell both sets of parents so im guessing we will be out shopping by saturday afternoon!!!
Brought new bra today as my boobs are super sore and growing rapidly! Ended up in a DD!!! the lady was saying that the smaller you are orriginally the bigger you get! Im usually quite tiny the boys used to ask if the walls were jelous! So im alittle worried now!
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:06pm
I don't really need to go shopping for baby gears as hav so muchalready. will go out and buy some new stuff tho once i hav the 20 week scan Seems so far away. i'm also going out bra shopping on friday with a friend, so wish mine would grow that would be nice as i don't hav much, in my 3 previous pregs they never changed size oh well.

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:21pm
Well, I have an appointment with a midwife on sat, so hope that goes well.
My boobs are starting to get a little sore at times, but they don't seem to have gotten any bigger yet. Mine are normally A cup, so my DH is looking forward to seeing them bigger!
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:51pm
Welcome catcase. Thats soo cool you heard the heart beat!!!

Sucks to hear the neasuea (sp?) has started for some of you. I am still just reallllllly tired and forgetful! I cant believe the things I have been forgetting No neasuea as yet but have had the odd cramping.
I got my blood tests back today, but they didnt tell me me hcG levels. Ah well, as long as there is a wee bubba growing Im happy .

We went to Target (A Dept store like Farmers) on the weekend and Laybyed an Angel care movement monitor. It was $135AU down from $179. I'll probably start the clothing shopping in the next month or so. Yay, cant wait!
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Tigerish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:57am
We haven't told anyone yet that we're expecting. Have you girls shared the news yet, and if yes, then to everyone or just a few people? Its such early days that we want to wait, although its hard not to share such exciting news!

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:09am
No we haven't told anyone. I still remember when I found out i was preg in Feb, we just told our parents on the day we found out (on a Friday) then went away for the weekend, and got back to discover the whole world knew! My brother had posted on Bebo "I'm gonna be an uncle!" and all my friends and cousins had read it too and I had all these congratulations messages that wasn't how I'd intended it to go, lol (but good on my brother for being excited!) but then when I miscarried of course everyone had to be told that too
So we've learnt our lesson and not telling a soul until we've seen a cute wee bubba on a scan!! (touch wood, hehe). If all goes well, I'll be 13 weeks exactly on fathers' day, and we thought it would be nice to put a scan pic in an "i love grandad" frame (or something similar) as our dads' fathers' day pressies and break the news that way

Ooh hope my boobs grow bigger!! They have always been tiny (mum didn't give me any of hers, she had got up to a G (!!!) cup until she had a breast reduction a few years ago - I take after my dad )

Hope your midwife appointment goes well whitewave!

Cool you bought a baby monitor Rianna! hehe that's so cute

Well, better start working now have a nice day everyone!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:38am
Morning girls,

well, it's been an eventful couple of day since we found out, I keep hoping it's a dream but I guess not! Not feeling the greatest, just nauseous though (no vomiting yet, although I did go and get the sick bags I took from the plane yesterday just in case). I'm SO tired, and VERY forgetful, which is such a pain!

Just about to do the ring around of midwives to get some advice (TMI: think I've got thrush on top of everything so am REALLY uncomfortable - and no one here speaks english )

Haven't told anyone yet, although I think I'll want to tell my parents in the next couple of weeks just to get it out. Everyone else can wait until we see if it's sticky!

Just re-read post, and it sounds like a pity party! Sorry about that. Just rang a midwife and have an appointment when we get back to NZ, so that's good. She sounds REALLY nice over the phone, so I hope that's good!

Will keep in touch, and hoping for happy and healthy pregnancies for all.
mayday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 4:31pm
Hey girls

Yeahi have told all my family now apart form my 6year old brother and 7year old sister (thought that could wait until i start to show or something like that). I kinda had to tell my family seeing im so young, and my family would go phsyco if they didnt know straight away.

My step mum and my dad were really excitedm he even searched the garage for my cot and all these baby books. yay now i have a big stack of bedtime reading woop woop! My step dad and mum didnt take it that well but thats expected cos my step-dad is christian but apart form that my partners were great and so is the rest of the family.

rachel, the same thing pretty much has happened withmy sister she went to school and told all her friends and teachers and they told thier sisters in my year and then now nearly everybody knows.

It is soooo hard to keep it in a just wana scream it to the world and all my bestest friends but i know i have to wait

i cant wait until my scan tomorrow im soooo excited, not so much on how early it is (830am) but yano thats llife anyway.... off to work now have a good night all and ill catch up later

Mayday
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 5:04pm
Hi ladies, well the morning sickness went that one step further today but oh well i guess thats a good thing.
We are intending to tell both sets of parents in the weekend but otherwise not planning to tell to many others just incase.
Mayday - good luck for your scan in the morning im quite pleased mines not till 2.30 its too cold to be going out at that time of the morning here!!!!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 6:25pm
That's so cool you are all getting early scans! Hope I can get one, would love to see a heart beat. I contacted a midwife place today, just waiting for them to call me back and see if they have a space available. Then I guess I can talk them into letting me get an early scan in a few weeks!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 7:21pm

Well we have told our parents, family and a few friends, as it is our second and because of mc in may I felt like I needed to let it out in case it all turns pear shaped again (will need the support). 

Feeling really tired of late and it doesn't help that DD is teething so up to her in the nite too!! Oh well might as well get use to it as it is not going to get any better in the next 1yr I suppose. 

No major buying here as we have everything, even if it is a boy as friend gave me all her stuff when I was pg with DD and she had two boys.  No doubt will get some special things closer to D day, but a wee way to go.  The only thing I am looking at getting is some summer maternity clothes, as last time it was winter for me - yipee new stuff for me maybe!!!

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:25pm
We have told our parents and siblings, but will wait for a while longer before we tell everyone else. DH didn't want to tell anyone at all for a bit, but I was too excited to keep it in!
mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:47pm
Hello everybody, I'm new to this site. I'm 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, due 1st March, I've know for about 3 weeks so it feels as though I've been pregnant for ever already! Had a scan yesterday due to cramping and spotting, plus I miscarried 4 years ago so rather paranoid. I have an 11 year old son who is absolutely awesome and is very much looking forward to being a big brother. Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months.
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:53pm
Is anyone else getting headaches? Im not usually a headachy person but the past couple of days have been getting them and im trying not to take panadol. Ive checked my blood pressure
(i have med training and have gear at home) and its a little high for me but its nothing too bad. Just wondering if thats a normal thing? Seeing midwife tomorow so will check with her then.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:09pm
Evening ladies

Welcome Mama. Hope you have a Happy and Healthy pregnancy.

Catherine I hope the thrush clears up soon. That must be really uncomfortable at the moment!!!

Ive told a really close friend and 2 people at work just because I was soooo excited about it. We wont tell anyone else until around the 8 - 9 week mark I guess. But I seriously just want to tell everyone NOW !!!!

As for morning sickness, it has started for me today. No vomiting yet just feeling really sick every now and again. Have been taking ginger tablets and the've been working so far as well as eating dry foods i.e crackers to keep it at bay.

YAY for those getting scans, thats so exciting!!! I wont get one until at least 11 weeks here .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:14pm
Catcase - 1st
Mama - 1st
Shannon - 3rd
Cathrine - 4th
Mayday - 5th
Whitewave - 5th
Tigerish - 6th
Queenbean - 10th
Margs - 12th
lilmisspink - 12th
Rianna - 15th
Rachel25 - 15th

GoflyNZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoflyNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:36am
Congratulations everyone....

I am very new to all this, but felt that I had to add another date to the calender; my EDD is March 11th, exactly 1 month before my 40th birthday!!!!

This is my first and I'm extremely nervous though obviously excited! had a miscarriage before so that's probably got a lot to do with the nerves.

Is anyone else knackered all the time? I'm regularly getting 8 hrs at night (might as well whilst I can) but still dog-tired mid afternoon....

Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:42am
Hi Golly

Welcome I'm sure you will find this forum helpfull.

Yep sure am. I'm really tired at about 3pm get home have dinner then its lights out for me.

My EDD is the 12th March and as I sit her typing this I'm yawning already,
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 733>