FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAny new 1st time mums on the North Shore?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hootie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any new 1st time mums on the North Shore?
    Posted: 04 July 2008 at 1:05pm
Hello to all :)

Just wondering if there are any other first-time mums on the Shore (Akl) that would be keen to meet up sometimes or possibly start a coffee group? Unfortunately, was unable to attend ante-natal classes and missed out on "mummy networking" :) My wee lad was born last month on 08 June and I'd love to hear from anyone else with other tiny people! My partner has gone back to work now and I'm feeling like I definitely need some adult conversation :)

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 1:43pm
Where on the shore are you? There are a few of us around that are first time mummies.

My little girl is just over 6 months so not so little as your little boy but I'd be happy to do coffee with anyone who's keen - though I'm in Takapuna and car-less so it limits my options a bit.

Hootie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 2:06pm
Hi Bobbie,

I'm in Beach Haven :)

PS. How did you get your ticker to work? Mine keeps showing up as code..
Ofelia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ofelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 8:44pm
Not sure if I should reply...uh bit of a newbie ;)

You see I am not a first time Mum but I have just moved to Dairy Flat and am close to the North Shore :)

I attended a baby group for first time Mums (SPACE) back in East Auckland with my now 16 month daughter even though I have 3 little lovelies. I just needed the adult contact.

Anyway I have posted under Meet Mums for meeting mums in my area but thought I would reply because...

well...I guess I am very keen to meet other mums :)

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 9:12pm
I would be interested although my daughter is now 14 months.   It would be nice to have a North Shore mums regular meet up somewhere.

Ofelia I have posted in your thread as well

jamsamnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsamnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:36pm
i would be interested also although my youngest is 3 and i have 2 other children but i do live in beachhaven
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 3:15pm

I would be interested althrough like Mum2Sam my little girl is a bit older as well. I live in Glenfield and work part-time during the week (Wed & Fri).

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Hootie Hootie wrote:

PS. How did you get your ticker to work? Mine keeps showing up as code..

Sorry I just saw this -
You need to put it in the signature box of your profile and you need to check that you're using the right format for the message board. I don't know what it is but it isn't HTML.

When you make your ticker look for the option with the '[ ]' rather than the html ones '< >'. And you can use the signature preview link to see if it worked before you save it. Hope it helps.

If you click on my ticker you'll get to the lilypie site and you can make one there (and it gives you the code format for this message board)

Ofelia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ofelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 6:46pm
Well I am happy for ANY North Shore mums to PM me if they would like to meet up at the park etc. I am quite keen to break out of the constant staying at home and try to meet other parents.

I get on well with first time Mums too as its not so important to me how many children you have but rather an opportunity to just relax with other adults etc. :)

My children are 12, 6 and baby is now 17months old :)

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 2:56pm
Hi girls!

Beach Haven here too, and keen to meet up indoors or outdoors - infact would be keen to host at my place if y'all want, maybe next week? Need the rest of this week to unpack from a holiday and tidy up

My DD has just turned two but I'm sure I can find toys for all ages!

I'd just need to know what days would suit everyone else and time etc.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:26pm
I'm in Glenfield and have a 17 month old daughter, but work full-time so could only do weekend meets
Erina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 1:53am
Does this include mums to be??? Takapuna
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 9:40pm
Erina, sure! You're more than welcome to join us.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:12pm
You know we should all sort out a definite time.

How about sometime next week? I am good any day but Wednesday & will be on the shore on Friday for swimming anyway.
Anybody interested?

josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:57pm
I'm keen, it would be good to catch up with some of you again now that I actually have a baby lol! I'm free anytime
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:53pm
This week or next week?

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:01pm
Next week would be better for me. Miss S is still a bit stuffed up from her cold so I am not sure we are going to do the swimming thing tomorrow. Besides I don't really want her passing anything along IFKWIM

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 1:48pm
Yep next week is sweet as! How about Tuesday morning?

Jakesmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakesmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 9:08pm
bump

im a first time mummy on the shore and my lil boy is almost 10 months old, i would love to meet mums with bubbas around the same age as he is not yet walking or get very far crawling.
 Post Reply Post Reply