FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 773774775776777 786>
Author
DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 6:23pm
I'm not condoning this as a course of action Guest but here's what my mum did to get my brother. She accidentally got pregnant when dad said no after having us two girls. She miscarried that baby and he wouldn't say no after that.
I guess you need to talk to dh about your feelings and hope he changes his mind. My dh said only two for us. (We don't have any yet) so I hope I feel like out family is complete after two!!!!! If not i guess I would put the hard word on
Sponsored Links

Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:01pm
Hi Guest, I haven't been in that situation as we are TTC#1, but I guess you need to address the reasons - does he want more him time, are your children not behaving therefore he wouldn't want another, do you have too many commitments already. Whatever the reasons you need to really discuss solutions that would potentially make room in your lives for a third.

Anyways hope everyone else lurking round is doing ok. I'm confused about my cycle, if I did in fact have a chemical (suspect so from the faint positive test followed by loads of BFNs and bleeding). I did have really light spotting from day before AF was due, for 5 days before the faint test and the onset of AF's nasty red face. AFs been really light and short. I am wondering if I'm counting my days right. Will start my ovulation tests soon I guess and that will set me right I spose. We've got visitors til next Tuesday so hoping not to ovulate early!!
Aghh feeling frustrated.

Edited by Apfel84 - 07 May 2014 at 10:03pm
binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:11pm
We have never known as much about out bodies as we do now!
It's hard when it doesn't do what you think it should or know what's going on!
x

<
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 3:39pm
Hi ladies,
Hope you are all well. I have been pretty MIA lately....reading and running. Life is just crazy at the moment.
Congrats on a bunch of you graduating to TTC. All the best with your journey's xx
AFM - AF is due tomorrow. DH and I are meant to start TTC next cycle, but have now pushed it back and will re-assess in a few month time. We have just purchased some land to build our dream home so are in the process of selling our current home. Once that is sold then we will be living with DH's parents until our build is complete. Not really an ideal situation to bring another human into the mix. So we will just wait until the build is well on it's way and make sure that we will be in our own home before he or she comes along.
I feel a bit torn....a little sad, but at the same time a little relieved that DD will be close to three when another babe comes along. These terrible two's are the most difficult age to date.
Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello. I will be alone in here shortly :-(
xx
MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 7:01pm
That's so exciting about your house Misssara! Here's hoping its a speedy build so you can start ttc soon!

I'm kind of confused at the moment about where my DH is at. He says he wants to wait another 6 months before we think about children. He knows I'm trying to figure out my cycle in preparation and is quite happy to use no protection and then last night when I was looking at my phone, he asked if I was looking at my pregnancy app so I know when we have to BD. It's really confusing. Any advise ladies? I want to know where he is at but I don't want to scare him off
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 7:42pm
Very exciting MissSera!

Hi Bex, haven't met before, just wanted to say my DH was a bit the same. We're TTC since April but I have wanted to since October. He said he wanted to wait and start trying in June, but all of a sudden he ditched the rule. I never questioned it, a man will just decide when the time is right for him I guess!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 9:28pm
Hi Bex!

My DH is still not really 'on board'. It's more like he's conceded that if we want children (which again, I think he could take or leave) then we should get on with trying. After much negotiation...

He doesn't like to be scientific about it but I have explained that if it's going to work best for me/us a summer baby will fit in with work better than a baby any other time!

<
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 7:59am
Part of my DH's reluctantancy was because I am self employed, I started my own business 3 years ago and he's worried I'lllgive it up I guess. Some days I think about packing it all in and he thinks I can't have a baby for an excuse to give up. Of course I am 29 and I am thinking we just have to get on with it as life will never be 'perfect' for having a baby.
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 1:12pm
Hi Bex and Apfel84, it seems to be a common problem with the DHs... them struggling to commit to the idea of TTC. My DH has now clearly said he wants a baby now but is not sure if the time is right. I told him that the time will never be perfect. I know that once I am pregnant and especially when the baby is here that we will love being a dad but I think he just struggles with making that big step.

I have just stopped going on and on about it to him and since doing that he has been the one bringing the topic up all of the time. I am just going to keep it low key and then one day just say 'oh well we seem to have spent two years talking about it... lets just get a move on and make it happen!' Haha. Fingers crossed that is one day VERY soon.

Rebecca142173 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 2:09pm
Hi Bellaz,

Yay for DH coming around to the idea. Hopefully it will be VERY soon and you can start TTC.
We are in the same place! DH says he wants kids but not the right time . I might try your approach and stop talking about it. Great idea!
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 5:14pm
I may have spoken too quickly, Rebecca! We are back to the whole 'lets wait for another year or two' scenario. It is like a bloody roller coaster. I think I will just have to give up and just try to enjoy all this free time I have all to myself Haha. How are you going?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 7:41pm
Hi Bellaz, thats not so great. Good you can see the positives though. We had a big talk about it and have committed to seriously discussing it at the end of the year with a view to start trying early next year. Hopefully this will work. I am trying hard to back off on the baby talk but its really hard!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 8:32pm
That was exactly me this time last year Rebecca :) Time flies!

Glad you're looking on the bright side Bellaz, waiting is so hard, I have had to look on the bright side a lot too. Spontaneously going to the movies, blobbing on the couch.. tehe. I am going to appreciate those things!

xx

<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 8:46pm
Big congrats to you Binkle on your BFP Wishing you a happy and uneventful 8 months!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 2:13pm
Hi all
I have a bottle of menevit in the cupboard of which DH only ever took ONE because they disagreed with him and he wasn't willing to try them again. So they are open but with only 1 missing. Expiry 09/15.
I am happy to post them to someone as a gift if you PM me your info. It would be a waste to chuck them! x

<
Mac2711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 1:15pm
Hey everyone!
Have been trying to read up on all your stories and phwoar there's a lot of reading! Dh and I are trying for our second in September once by depo stops. We have a 7 month old girl and she is a lot of fun! So we want to give her a sibling. We were very blessed that we had conceived her 4 months after our last depo was due. I hadn't even had a proper cycle to track! Fingers crossed it happens again!
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 1:47pm
Hi everyone DF had a vasectomy reversal last week, we will start trying in Jan. I'm so excited!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 6:54pm
Hi and welcome Millysmum and Mac. Great to have you in hear it has become a wee bit lonely lately

Mac2711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 1:55pm
Thanks rebecca :)
What is everyones journeys so far?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2014 at 2:40pm
My journey is kind of just starting out really. Both myself and DH are 24. We have been married for 3 months but have been together for 6 years. We both have been through uni. I am a teacher with a full time permanent teaching position and DH is a full time software developer. We own our own home and have nearly finished renovating it.

I am now ready to start trying to have a family. I have always wanted to be a younger mum but DH is a little reluctant to take this step when we are still this young. At the moment we have been talking about it and have committed to discussing it properly at the end of the year. I would like to start TTC in March next year as that will work out well for the school year and maternity leave. I am hopeful that DH will be on board with this idea as by the time a baby arrived we would have been married for nearly 2 years.

Anyway thats a bit about my story. Whats yours?   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 773774775776777 786>