FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 777778779780781 786>
Author
missK172589 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missK172589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2015 at 11:17am
Just found out my sister is also ttc. should i wait? :( i dont know what to do
Sponsored Links

Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2015 at 11:22am
MissK Just because your sister is TTC doesn't mean you can't why would you think you couldn't keep trying?

TTC#1 Jan 2009
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2015 at 1:58pm
Miss K, I completely agree with Oxy.... you should definitely still keep trying! It is your life and don't put it on hold just because your sister is pregnant. Plus, the kiddies will be able to grow up together! I am in a similar situation, over the past month I have found out that both my sister and sister-in-law are expecting! I am not planning on putting our baby off for them either :) Each individual baby is special and I am sure your sister won't mind!

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2015 at 7:11pm
Hi everyone,
It might be tmi but im excited that af is back after finishing depo just before Christmas. Super excited since i was worried about it not coming back after 2 years on depo. Will be interesting to see what happens next with my cycle, i never thought i would be happy for af to visit. :-):-)
Missk, i am with the others, go for it, life is too short to wait if you are ready. Can i ask why you are worried about ttc at the same time?
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2015 at 8:55pm
Aw TinkaElle - a big one year old! Exciting! I'm a bit like you, just trying to focus on enjoying time as a family of three, rather than wishing the time away.

missK, I wouldn't put ttc plans on hold. You gotta live your own life, and if you're ready to start your own wee family then you should go for it I say :)

Bellaz - look at your ticker, so little time left to wait :D woop!!

Pretty sure there isn't really such a thing as TMI on the forums MrsK - thats great that you've got AF back :) I've got two weeks of the pill left, and then gotta wait and see what my cycles do too.
Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 2:28pm
Hey ladies, hope its ok if i pop on here and introduce, I am Lauren, we are hoping to start TTC in Winter, I have Louie who is 3 and Scarlett who is 15 months old, I am breastfeeding and have not got AF back yet so just biding my time. We are hoping for another Boy but either or will be adored of course. I say winter but we aren't using contraception now and im going to start using LH surge testers to try pin point whenever my first post partum ovulation occurs. would be awesome to aviod having a period altogether.
Ready to try for our Winter Wildling to join Louie and Scarlett our Autumn and Summer Babies

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 8:30pm
Welcome! We haven't yet started to ttc no#1 but am wondering about how breastfeeding impacts your cycle? it never even occurred to me it could. How long after birth can you conceive no#2 ? So far away for us but am curious. Thanks

Edited by MrsK-2013 - 11 April 2015 at 8:31pm
Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 9:46pm
Its different for every one id say, with my first he started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and that's when i got my first period, i felt totally ripped off lol, but they were all over the show if he got unwell when my period was due and nursed more it would delay it, i was charting from when he was 9 months old and i had a 20 day cycle, then a 25 day one, then a 45 day one when he caught a cold.
This time around we are 15 months down the track and not a sign, my daughter still nurses over night sometimes so i think that maybe whats stopping my period from returning, I will night wean her if it is still not back in a few months :)

I got pregnant while nursing first time around and will do this time around too i hope :)
Ready to try for our Winter Wildling to join Louie and Scarlett our Autumn and Summer Babies

Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 9:49pm
I know woman who still have no period 2 years down the track and i know woman who concieved at 6 weeks after birth and she was exclusively breastfeeding, that is very rare though. I think your body needs a bit of a break between babies to build up nutrients, heal properly etc. 9months apart babies is a scary thought two babies in the same year

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 10:01pm
Thanks, interesting to find these things out
Melimum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melimum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2015 at 11:09am
Thanks Nannikin, July isn't too far away. I hope you don't have to obsess too long.
TinkaElle- I feel the same as you, I am enjoying our family, and am not really ready to be pregnant again, but we want to have all our kids close together so will just wait until it happens.
Mrs K- yes breastfeeding can stop some peoples cycles but not all. Mine took 11 months after no1, 12 months after no2 and its been 11 months since no3 and still hasn't returned. I also got pregnant whilst bf with my second 2.
Hi Lauren/Mummyinc, it looks like we are in the same boat waiting for af

Edited by Melimum - 12 April 2015 at 11:15am
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 8:14am
Hi ladies. It's been a while since I posted, but keen to start getting excited about the wait to start TTC # 3. Hubby and I were going to wait till the end of the year to start trying, but I'm getting way too clucky (and I think hubby is too), so have decided on July/August to start trying. I really don't want to be due around the same time as I was with our DS (who was due in January this year, but was born sleeping on Boxing Day). I just feel like that is 'his' time of year and I don't want it to be over-shone by another baby. Also I don't think my body could handle the stress of going through a pregnancy at the same time of year as I did with DS. So a baby due around April/May would be perfect for us.
I stopped taking my mini pill last week, so am now just waiting for AF (which I've had twice since having DS). We see our OB this week so need him to change or stop my medication (a blood pressure pill - long story but my BP goes nuts in the last trimester of pregnancy and post partum), and then the countdown is on. Physically and emotionally I feel 'ready'. And we can't wait to give miss almost three a little brother or sister for her to grow up with. I think that's been one of the hardest things, seeing how loving she is to babies. She would have (and will....fingers crossed) made/make such a great and loving big sis :-)
Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2015 at 7:04pm
Welcome Missara!
Sounds like the same time of year we are thinking of starting, So sorry to hear of your loss.
My Eldest son was born 30th April its a great time of year to have a baby, i love all the snuggly winter woolies :)
All the best, Hopefully il see you in a TTC thread in a few months :)

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2015 at 2:54pm
Mummyinc how do you get 2x tickers in your signature? Ive tried adding a second ticker & get bits of code showing up in between them?

Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 3:39pm
I just did a decent space in between plus you can click on review signature to check it worked. also staying under the 230 or so digit helps, i wanted three as wanted to do a count down one but couldnt fit it

also i came on here to say, eeep i think im finally ovulating, everything in my body is telling me this EWCM, Headaches, bloating, not trying to get pregnant at the moment but having a period would certainly help lol

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 12:06pm
wohoo it worked! Thanks Mummyinc! Yah to ovulating! I'm pretty sure Ive just ovulated, just started tracking symptoms again to get a good idea of whats going on with my body leading up to TTC

Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 3:15pm
Arg i really want to add a third ticker so i can see the count down we are planning to start TTC September, funnily i got my OPK testers in the mail yesterday evening and did one and i am ovulating ( positive this morning) my skin is horrendous so i thought something was up. This was around the time of year i conceived my daughter, she was due 24th December but arrived two weeks late on the 6th January, I am NEVER having a baby at that time of year again lol, Hot, Busy and everyone is off work so can Facebook stalk your "overdue, ready to pop status"

It will be interesting to see when i have a period.
My partner is sleeping in with our 15 month old tonight so she can be night weaned finally, she has slept with me and nursed over night since birth, but her Daddy puts her to bed every night so fingers crossed she accepts it with out too much tears.

TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 5:06pm
Would it work if you used the smaller ticker option rather than the larger/longer ones? We're aiming for Sep/Oct to start trying, although it is tempting just to not try not prevent for a bit & just see what happens but I have my brothers, husbands & first borns birthdays all in April so want to avoid that timing like the plague! Good luck for tonight!

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 9:34pm
Hi all!! Took my last 'active' pill yesterday, AF will be here Monday-ish and then it will be time to wait and see how long my first cycle off birth control will be :) have a nasty headcold at the moment, so am feeling like crap - hoping it clears off soon.

Best of luck with the night weaning Mummyinc, that's cool that you got a positive OPK - nice to know that your cycle is making a return!

April definitely sounds like a busy birthday month for you Tinkaelle - I normally wouldn't want to end up with two birthdays round the same time, but I've decided that I don't really care anymore :D
Mummyinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummyinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 9:55pm
Exciting Nannikin,
Hey looks as if your little one has the same birthday as my Dude, going by the ticker, that so cool! April 30th? Where you in the April 2012 Due date group?

I better be getting something, my skin is so bad at the moment, has been beautiful since i gave birth and in the last week i am break out city :( blah.
Also dreading my first Post partum period i heard they get worse with every pregnancy and after my first born they were super painful...hohum, butter then no period when your starting to chart i suppose :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 777778779780781 786>