FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 780781782783784 786>
Author
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:30pm
Keep us posted kar85! It could just be your cycle settling down after being on contraception, but it could also be a pregnancy symptom :)

Sponsored Links

Flora2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flora2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 5:42pm
Hi, I'm new to this site, looking for some support as going crazy TTC
I've started a bit late in life (turning 40 soon)! and am trying to stay positive and be hopeful.
I have been trying for 6 months and having the most bizarre time. I've had late periods, terrible cramps - after what was a spot on cycle for years - I've had a few trips to the docs, blood tests etc.. last visit I found I was B12 deficient so am now dosing up wondering if that may be the answer?
AF was 2 days late this cycle, I cried my eyes out, I never realised this could be so hard, I am really disheartened, how does everyone keep themselves positive and determined?

2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 5:57pm
Hi Flora,

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time, you might be better off posting in the TWW thread though, us ladies in here are currently waiting to start TTC, the TWW thread is where the ladies who are trying but not yet pregnant hang out and they might have more advice for you. Good luck!
Nov 2015, Trisomy 18 (14w3d)
DS Born Sept 2016
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:50pm
Hi Flora, sorry you're having a difficult time. I'm an older Mum too (had my first at 35 & will be trying for a second when I'm 37 later this year. Feel free to personal message me if you like

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:06am
Hi Flora, I hope your TTC journey isn't too much longer, I can only imagine it must be tough, especially as an older mum-to-be. Definitely join the conversations on the actively TTC threads - I lurk on them sometimes and they all seem lovely :) best of luck for a happy & healthy pregnancy for you x

As for me, I can't believe my ticker says 1 month and 6 days to go until we TTC!! Crazy. This year is going so fast, I'm actually a little freaked out by it. Thankfully my AF turned up right on schedule so it's nice to know that fertility-wise everything seems normal. This month will be my first month trying OPKS, starting in a few days time :D

How's everyone else doing? Hope you're all keeping warm and toasty, we had snow yesterday!! Brrrr!!
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:15am
I am not far behind you nannikin!! We shuffled our start date a bit so now we are just over 2 months away from TTC, I always find that winter time really drags so expect that it will seem like the longest 2 months ever. Just started DH on some multi vitamins and my box of elevit has arrived too, which is exciting. Ordered some more merino so i can do some more sewing of little person items
DS Born Sept 2016
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:27am
Yay 2furkids! Exciting :) I think technically we won't have a shot at conceiving until towards the end of July, so even though we will be off contraception at the start of July it'll be roughly 2 months until we have a chance to get pregnant. Hopefully winter flies by for us this year!!

Where do you get your merino from? Sounds like a nice winter project, have you already made a few things?
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:07pm
I buy it off trademe, ive made a few different things already, mostly leggings and night gowns and a couple of sleeping bags
DS Born Sept 2016
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:12am
Day 1 today and looking at a transfer of frozen embryo in around 2 weeks...... Freaking out a little
IVF 1- No embryos to transfer
IVF 2- BFN
IVF 3- BFP, miscarriage at 7 weeks
IVF 4- BFP, Joshua born 15/12/2013 and one frozen embryo
FET- CP
IVF 5- Baby number 2 due 21/2/2017 and 1 frozen embryo ❤
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 7:35pm
wow thats fast Amk11! Have everything crossed for you, so exciting!

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:08pm
Ohhhh, how exciting Amk11!! Best of luck for a smooth transfer and a sticky bubba :)
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 10:00am
Hows everyone doing? Some of you are getting super close to game time!!

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 12:47pm
Things are good. We are still a little way away from actively ttc, but at the moment we are ntnp while my cycle comes right after the pill. I've no idea what is it up to, does anyone have any tips for encouraging it to become regular? We have started elevit and menevit which is good. We are both ready but just need to save a bit more $$ first!

We have a doctors appt tomorrow to get a general check ups, so im hoping that goes well. Feels like suddenly we are taking active steps towards ttc. Exciting times!!

How is everyone else doing?
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 4:43pm
Hi TinkaElle! How's everything with you? And yes, I can't believe it's only a few weeks til I'll be TTC. Crazy.

MrsK I've heard that Vitex is good for regulating your cycle, I took it at one point a few years ago to help with PMS. I hope your dr appt goes well tomorrow :)

If there's anyone in here who uses OPKs, when during the day do you use them? I used them last cycle in the mornings and only ever got faint positives - next time round I think I'm going to try using them in the afternoon instead. Although I'm not using them this cycle as we are away with family over my fertile period and just want to focus on the holiday rather than TTC!

amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2015 at 7:42pm
Omg ladies, we are transferring frozen embryo on Wednesday all going well. Scan and bloods were good on Friday. So nervous and my wife and I are a but snappy and stressed

So not really watching to ttc anymore
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 12:48pm
Best of luck Amk!! How exciting :) Understandable with the stress that you and your wife have been snappy, not that it makes things any easier of course. Let us know how you guys get on :) I have everything crossed for a positive result for you!

Mrs K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 2:21pm
Good luck amk! I hope it all goes well for you. Will you let us know how you get on?

We went well today, i asked vitex and dr said definitely not which was interesting and that i just have to wait for my cycle to get back to normal. Had a blood tests to check immunity levels etc which is good. DH and i talked on the way home and decided to ttc as soon as i have been taking elevit for 3 months but ntnp in the meantime. Cant wait for 1 September !!

Hope everyone else is doing good xx
2furkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2furkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 6:28pm
So much action in here recently! Exciting times ahead nannikin and amk, Mrs-K its nice to feel like you are doing something and things are moving forward aye? The closer we get, the slower time seems to be going, trying to find other things to look forward to but there's one exciting thing that rules them all......
DS Born Sept 2016
nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 7:46pm
September will rock around before you know it MrsK- and who knows, even with NTNP you may well be pregnant before then :)

And I totally agree 2furkids, no matter what I distract myself with it always comes back to babies... dammit haha

Today I ventured into the 'community' part of the fertility app I'm using, can I just say - man, I have never come across such a crazy, CRAZY bunch of women! Seriously. So glad that OB isn't like that :D will stay safely ensconced here for sure!
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 12:16pm
Successfully transferred our embryo today and all looked good. Now the waiting begins
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 780781782783784 786>