FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 771772773774775 786>
Author
Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2014 at 5:38pm
HI DJKaf, just checking in to say that I hope the wedding was amazing and you had the best day of your life! Don't worry about your DH's coffee drinking too much. I kept looking at my DH with slanty eyes when he had a beer at night and in the end it made no difference for us! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen super fast for you. Here's to your first month of wedded bliss!
Sponsored Links

binklemouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2014 at 5:47pm
Tuquel, hope you're well :)

<
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 5:22pm
Welcome, Rebecca! You are definitely in the right place

I just wanted to let you all know that DH and I had a really good talk this weekend. He said that he really does want a wee baby but that now is not the right time... so we have decided to wait at least another year to start trying. Now that he has talked about it I can clearly see his perspective, plus it gives us a little more time to finish renovating the house and do some travelling etc. So, I will now say goodbye to you all All the best on your journeys and no doubt I will be popping back up in here in a year or so (I may pop into see how you are all going in the mean time)! It is a massive decision deciding when to start a family and I am now content waiting until DH and I are both ready and I know the next year will go very quickly. Treasure the time before your babies arrive, remember it will never just be the two of you again for a very long time! I look forward to reading your updates.

Thank you for all of your support x

Tuquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 5:34pm
I am thanks binklemouse :) just hit 6 weeks and locked in a midwife today. Finding the exhaustion completely overwhelming - it really hits you like a ton of bricks - so just want to get through the first trimester and start enjoying pregnancy more. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy but it is a huge adjustment. I have no idea how some women don't know they're pregnant!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 6:45pm
Bella it is indeed a huge decision!! I'm glad you and DH talked things through. It sounds like the discussion we had a year and a half ago before we got married. I was really upset when DH said he wanted to wait a whole year longer than I did but once I'd come to terms with it I decided to just enjoy the time we still didn't have children.
He would easily wait another year and financially it would make sense to us (we don't even own a house...) but we're both approaching mid thirties and my urges are outweighing my sensible mind. :P
Hope you have a great year enjoying your time together :D Time does fly and a year will be up in no time!!

I wonder that too Tuquel! My sister in law couldn't hide it at school because she had to keep going home due to feeling light headed and faint! I worry about that too and about needing to be sick in front of a class full of children bleeergh.

Edited by binklemouse - 14 April 2014 at 6:47pm

<
misssara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misssara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 8:28pm
Hi ladies. Hope everyone is well :-)
Hope you had a fab wedding day DJKaf! And yay for no more waiting for TTC!
Almost time for you too Binklemouse! Exciting!
I have been reading and running lately. Life has been pretty insane. We went on holiday a few weeks ago which was amazing but stupid of me considering it was the last week of the financial year at work. I've spent the past few weeks doing crazy hours just to try and get up to date. DD turns two tomorrow. It's so strange, I feel really sad about it for some reason. I think it's just my body getting the baby urge lol. Anyway DH and I were meant to start trying next month (three months after my MMR vaccine), but it's like the universe is telling us it's not the right time for # 2. I know that sounds super hippy, but things keep happening which is delaying the baby making even more. We were in the US and Canada over Xmas/New Year and hole skiing I screwed my knee. Turns out I have probably damaged my ACL which means surgery. That won't happen immediately so either we wait or I get UTD first and have surgery afterwards. I don't fancy looking after a new born as well as a toddler while on crutches though. Then we have just put an offer in on some land to gulf a house which has been accepted. So we are signing the contract tomorrow and handing over the deposit. Super exciting that we get to build our dream home but stressful at the same time. We have I sell our current home and will be living with DH's parents while we build. Not the most ideal situation if we are to have # 2. So basically we have decided that I will go back on my pill until October then start trying in Dec/Jan so we will defiantly be settled in our new home before another babe comes along. It will make the gap between DD and the next bigger than what we would ideally like, but I think it's the most sensible thing for us to do in the situation. We are still young (I'm 27 & DH is 26$ so we do have time on our side (or at least that's what I keep on telling myself).
Sorry for the novel! It was a long story lol.
xx
MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 9:34pm
Hi all,

Congrats on your wedding DjKaf that's so exciting
Misssara: timing has been a big thing for us too. My DH was made redundant at the end of last year so we had to put our Plans on hold but luckily he found another job.
AFM we are in kind of a weird space at the moment. We are neither trying or preventing it at the moment, it's like neither of us wants to say for sure we are trying. I know we need to have that conversation but finding a way to start it is proving to be difficult. We are both only 24 so we have time but I've always wanted to be a younger mum so I'm kind of not sure where I stand.
Anyway that's where we are at.
mummystheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummystheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 9:13am
Tuquel so glad your settling in! Haha i wasnt aware i was pregnant until visiting the doctor thinking i had a vomiting bug... i was just over 5wks so it was still relatively early but i could of known 10 days prior to that visit! Couldnt believe it.
Bellaz...totally understand you have to do whats right for you and a year will go sooo fast!

Hi Bex ..both me and DH are 25 and we knew we wanted to be younger parents as well...although we did plan on waiting until this month to have a wee go at it but yea obviously baby had a different idea. We are keen to have all our kids (all going well) by 30 so its going to be a busy five years for me as we are (at this point in time) wanting three kids. I am one of three and couldnt imagine having any less and DH is one of six haha but i said id meet him half way. Great thing is that i can take on more career wise younger especially since they would all be at school by the time i was 35. Im a lawyer so the career is super demanding and it will be good to have my babies now whilst i have less responsibility. Haha thats the plan for now... lets see how one baby goes!

Still not at that 12wk mark but trying to stay positive and optimistic that all is going well.

DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 7:53pm
Hey all, wedding day was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! Just the most amazing day ever. Thanks all for your thoughts and messages! And AF was kind enough to turn up the day after which was thoughtful :) so yeah I think next week will be our first try. DH's parents will have returned home and we will be newly weds on our own so hopefully it all goes well. Timing wise it's good for us for work and holidays we are planning for next year so fingers crossed. Guess it's time to move to another forum group.... We'll soon anyway, I like it in here!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2014 at 9:01pm
Eeeee! So glad you had a wonderful day :D
Castaways is quite beautiful! I bet you're looking forward to enjoying some time alone with DH! :P

One of the other teachers told a parent at school that I was going to Rarotonga for the holidays and her response was a 'pelvic thrusting' motion AHAHAHAHA. Oh dear.

<
DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 7:18pm
Confession time: I just brought 3 boyfriend style tshirts, a 3/4 sleeve striped top, a french connection mini skirt and 2 dresses..... all maternity Embarrassed i just figured all going to plan I will be pregnant over summer, and summer things are on sale in the UK now..... So... DH will go mental if he finds out!!!!! Anyway I know you girls will understand. Might check out some summer baby clothes now! LOL better not actually!
DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2014 at 8:33pm
Having a little red wine tonight. Ive been on detox for 6 months in preparation for baby. But tonight I had my parents and parents in law for dinner and thought we are actually trying next week when parents in law leave to go home! ACTUALLY TRYING!!!!!! So maybe I'll have a little wine tonight just cause i won't get another chance for years - especially as if all going to plan I would like to breast feed until 2 years old then get pregnant again. Yes all you have children already ladies can go ahead and laugh at my naivety now Wink the best laid plans of mice and men. But in an ideal world I'd get pregnant right away and not have too much problems breast feeding and manage to keep it up with pumping while I'm away on work trips until I'm pregnant with number 2. 

What are you ladies "ideal" plans?
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 2:04pm
That is exciting, DJKaf! A little red wine never hurt anyone You have to make the most of this last week! Exciting that it is so close to you trying! I know we have pushed out our trying date... but I can't help but keep checking this forum. It is so exciting seeing your journey. I hope that you get pregnant straight away too. We have to enjoy our naivety while we still have it! I know lots of people who pump while at work etc. Ideally my plan would be for DH to decide to start trying before the end of this year (he is slowly... very slowly... coming around). Then I would leave my job around the end of Term Two. I would take maternity leave but would most likely resign eventually. Then I might do some relieving or part-time work locally, as a teacher, when bubs is 1. I want to be at home full-time for that first year. Then we will hopefully be able to start trying for number 2 when bubs turns 2... I want a comfortable age gap! Haha, so probably wouldn't go back to work full-time for a good 10 years or so if everything goes to plan! Ahhh the naivety

Rebecca142173 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca142173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 3:11pm
So excited for you DJKaf! Fx you get your BFP quickly!

AFM we are kind of in the same place as you Bellaz. I am really keen to start trying now by DH is more reluctant (he's a big worrier when it comes to being financially ready even though we both have good jobs) but he is slowly (very slowly) coming around and talking about it more and more.

I am a teacher too so ideally I would like to be UTD by the end of the year and taking maternity leave at the end of term 2. For me though it would only be until the end of the year and then I would go back full time as we are very lucky to have the support of both our families to make this possible. Then hopefully number 2 when #1 is about 2.

Bellaz I can't believe how similar our situations are. I hope your DH comes around quickly and you can start trying soon!
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 9:38am
Rebecca, it seems that a lot of us on here are in the same situation and that's what makes this forum so great. It is a nice, safe place to talk about our excitement, worries and concerns as we go through the journey of waiting to conceive. It seems that most of our DHs take awhile to come around to the idea... but eventually the must! Fingers crossed

Binklemouse, I hope your holiday is going well! Not long at all until you start trying! Exciting

mummystheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummystheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2014 at 9:45am
DJKAF stoked to hear your wedding went well!!!! Yay for maternity stuff! im lucky at the moment cause all the winter stuff from overseas is on sale as they head into there summer... perfect for here... got the most ridiculous bargains!!!

Hope everyone had a nice easter. Will head to the dawn parade tomorrow...5:30am wake up call! Will be an early night for me tonight! (although these days it is every night)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 2:38pm
Hi all :D

We have returned from our tropical getaway :( Sad. hehe.
DH didn't bring contraception with him which was good (I thought he might) and we got in a bit of BD but definitely not as much as if we hadn't been with a group (small grr).
He said at one point 'when is good for you?' which I found highly romantic hehe. I told him I thought it was this weekend (right now) but then had a positive OPK suggesting I OV'd about CD11 which is a little earlier than usual. So we BD at the right time I think! Haven't managed any since being home as I've had a terrible headache.

I guess that means I am technically in the TWW?? However I keep second guessing myself and wondering if I got it wrong with the earlyish ov. Even if I did I guess there is a still a chance given we were only a day or two out.

Trying not to think about it...!!!

Edited by binklemouse - 27 April 2014 at 4:46pm

<
enelra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enelra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 4:12pm
Definitely in with a chance binklemouse! When TTC DD I ovulated 2 days after we had BD'd then none after that. So hoping you caught that eggie

My first month was unsuccessful. BD'd at all the right times but just not our turn this month I guess. Felt like a dork cos AF was 2 days late so had convinced myself I was UTD. Anyways onwards and upwards. AF nearly finished so Month 2 here we come!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binklemouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 5:28pm
OK confusion hahaha. I just did another OPK and this time, DEFINITELY much darker. No doubt a positive (I felt like my CM was a bit of a giveaway). So more BD tonight and tomorrow I think!!

DH has never been seduced so much in his life!

<
DJKaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJKaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 9:09am
Hope you had a good holiday Binklemouse!!!! We are offically trying now too. I ov'ed on Sat. Got a positive OV strip on Sat anyway which I think actually means I ov'ed on Sun. Anyway we BD on Friday night and Sun morning so hopefully we got it right. DH was so cute about it, asking all about what positions are best for conception and when the best time is. Its hard for him because he has erectile dysfunction although its enjoyable its also very stresfull for him and a lot of pressure! So Im so pleased we managed  to complete the goal twice in one weekend!!!!!! Sorry if thats TMI for some of you Wacko So yes offically im in the TWW now. Ive already decided i'll test on Thursday next week, I'll be in Christchurch for work then if its positive I can come home from my trip Thu night and surprise DH. If its neg then I have a whole day to deal with it alone. We really want that summer babe so  May and June will be our only other months trying. Well ladies, might head over and introduce myself to the TWW ladies group. - see you over there Binklemouse :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 771772773774775 786>