FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 774775776777778 786>
Author
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2014 at 3:36pm
Welcome Newbies!

My journey is rather similar to Rebecca's. DH and I have been together for 5 years and married for 2.5. I am 23 and he is 28. We both have stable jobs. I am a teacher, also with a full time permanent position, and DH is a farmer. We own our own home in the country and are currently renovating it!

I am also wanting to start a family and have been super clucky lately. I have been on this forum for awhile while waiting for DH to come around to the idea. He keeps putting it off, saying he wants to wait until we are more financially stable. I keep telling him there will never be the 'right' time. All of my friends and family have children and we are literally the last ones left, even though I am young. I love the idea of being a young mum.

I have just stopped the pill and DH was surprisingly supportive of this and we are now using condoms, although he is not a huge fan! Haha. Fingers crossed he is ready to do away with protection by the end of this year. I would love to have a May baby, as that way I could work until the end of Term 1. But will just have to wait and see.

It is crazy how similar our stories are Rebecca! All the best for your journey.

Sponsored Links

Mac2711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 10:16pm
What a great profession to be in :)
Hubby and i are also both 24 we have been married for a year and a half and together for 4 years. He is a meat inspector and well i am now a stay at home mum :)
Our original plan was to wait until we were 26 to have a baby but the urge to become a mother was so consuming that we just had to do it and no regrets about it either haha.
We also own our own home how ever we plan on moving within the next couple of years to christchurch.
I am half way through my business degree and will complete it in 2 years time. Well thats the plan anyway. During my pregnancy i was horrendously sick for the hole time I'm not sure how i will cope with a toddler and studying as well. but i am determined!
The reason we were happy with having children a little earlier is that many people close to us have fertility issues and being on the depo i had scared myself into thinking it would take forever to have our child. We also figure that when they are old enough, we will still be young enough to carry on our careers or travel ect act.
Really hope you and your DH can start ttc when you want because when you want to become a mum there is no turning back from the feeling.
Mac2711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 10:20pm
sorry Bellaz i totally did not see there was another page!
Haha your backgrounds are very similar
No there never is a right time is there? Will always be something.
Deciding to have a second has been harder then deciding to have our first though. As finances will be a bit tighter but hubby has said its now or never as he doesn't want a big age gap between children.
lola11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 1:00pm
Hi everyone,

Would love to join this forum, currently waiting to TTC since coming off the Depo in April.
Im 26 and DH is 28, We have been married for 2 years, together for 6 years. Im a nurse and hubby is in the police. We currently have 1 daughter and cant wait to expand our family.

I agree Mac, there never seems to be the right time. Our daughter was a big surprise to us, so the wait to conceive this time seems like forever!
Mac2711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2014 at 6:55pm
Welcome Lollipop

I often think if only i wasn't on depo and things just happened. Trying is such hard work! and when you want it you want it now lol

Is there a fb group made up we could all join??
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 4:20pm
Hi ladies.Smile

So excited to be joining in here again. I've been a member of OHbaby for years, since my son was two months old.Smile
I'm not 100% sure when we'll start trying, but maybe in November or early next year. I want to avoid the kids birthdays though. lol. It's an expensive time of year having their birthdays and Christmas one after another. Didn't really think of that when planning the pregnancies.Wink

I had a missed miscarriage in December 2011, so will be very nervous when we do try.

Edited by _Deb_ - 17 July 2014 at 4:20pm
MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 7:41pm
Hi Deb and welcome

So my DH sees a therapist due to a stress and anxiety disorder and apparently they have been discussing us having children. His therapist knows I'm worried about having trouble conceiving as all the women in my family have and he suggested we see a doctor and put a plan in place for our ttc journey. DH was surprisingly keen to do this so we have made an appointment for next Thursday which is good. Hopefully it goes well!

How is everyone else going?
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 2:39pm
Thanks Bex.Smile Good luck with your appointment.

So we've settled on April. Seems so far away but it gives us time to pay off some bills and i want to lose some weight and sort a few other things out before then.

So excited! Hopefully it'll go fast.
MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 8:26pm
Hi All,

So good to hear everyones stories. Good luck to everyone who is waiting I hope the time passes quickly.

Our appointment was today which was good. The doctor diagnosed me with polycystic ovary syndrome which was a bit of a shock! Now the doctor says I need to lose 25kg and the syndrome makes it really hard to lose weight which is really hard to hear but thats life I guess.

DH and I had a big talk (and a few tears) afterward and we have settled on March to start trying so all systems are go for the weight loss to get it under control before March. Deb, we can wait it out together until we start trying around the same time :)

How's everyone else been lately?
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 7:47pm
I was wondering how you got on Bex. That must have a been a shock for you. Good luck with it all.

That's around how much weight i wanna lose. I'm hoping to have lost it all by the time we start trying, but not sure that's gonna happen. lol. Yep, we can wait and lose weight together. Hehe..Smile
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 7:57am
So quiet in here....
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 6:14pm
Hi Ladies,

I have just been busy reading up on all of the above comments! I agree, its been a bit quieter. I think weight loss is something lots of people consider when they want to get pregnant. I want to lose another 6-8kg before we get pregnant... that horrible post-wedding weight that just creeps on!

How is the wait going for everyone? Bex, sorry to hear about you appointment, but exciting that you have set a date to start trying! We are still being very vague. It could be anywhere from 1 month to 3 years away! I am trying hard not to be too pushy. I just had my first period after coming off the pill and those darn cramps have returned! I think DH felt sorry for me because he has now started asking all of these questions about maternity leave entitlements etc.

MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 7:06pm
Hi Everyone :)

Have been really busy at work the past few weeks, starting to slow down now though :)

That for the support ladies I really appreciate it

Bellaz: Cramps are the worst I had them really bad before I went on birth control and they are starting to return now to. Do you take painkillers for them? I tried some but they didn't work so if you have any suggestions let me know.

It would be great if you can start trying in a month. At least DH has started to ask questions thats got to be a positive sign!

My DH has also been talking about it more and asked when I need to start taking folic acid and things so I think we are all set for March now just got to lose this weight...

How is everyone else doing lately?
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 9:04pm
Yay, March will come around quickly! When are you going to start taking Folic Acid?

I tend to just take Nurofen. The period pain one is quite good. When I was younger and they were really bad, I lived on 2x Nurofen and 2x Panadol every 4 hours for the first day or so. I don't like putting all of that stuff into my system... but it helped with the cramps.

MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2014 at 9:11pm
Hopefully it will!! I've seen a dietician who is one of our close friends and am on a strict diet atm to try and lose the weight by March hopefully it will come off so I can start to ovulate properly!

I used to take the Nurofen period pain one but like you I don't like putting stuff in my system so try to avoid it where possible.

I was thinking about starting to take Folic Acid in Nov/Dec. What does everyone else think?

I also have to get a Rubella booster as my immunity from my MMR is borderline so I think I'll do that in the next set of school holidays.

Is there anything else I need to do in preparation?
Bellaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 5:47pm
That sounds like a good action plan, Bex! I keep trying to eat healthy, but then I get so tempted! Nov/Dec sounds good, it's not going to hurt taking it too early. I was hoping to take it for 3 months before starting, but I think DH will probably one day state he is ready and that will be the beginning. He says he won't give me much notice because I will get obsessed about it... haha like I am not already!

From what i have read, it is pretty much just a pre-conception visit where they will tell you if you need rubella boost and then just prenatal vitamins. I am trying to cut alcohol, soft drinks and excess sugar out of my diet at the moment.

mrsbaker86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsbaker86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 6:26pm
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 6:04pm
hi everyone, how are you? DF had a flow test 5 weeks after vasectomy reversal which showed 10million sperm. this should grow theoretically to normal which is 15-20million.

I've had a few symptoms the last few days but don't want to read too much into it because we aren't supposed to be trying until december.....
MrsRH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsRH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 8:07pm
Hi all,

Millysmum, that sounds positive. Great to see your DH has good numbers :)

I'm going well atm. Currently down 3.4kg towards the 25 I need to lose so pretty happy with that. Just gotta keep trucking along until March,

Hi to everyone else and how are you all doing?
TinkaElle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinkaElle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2014 at 4:33pm
Hi ladies, just thought I'd pop my head in here. We're looking at trying to conceive #2 next year. I'm an older Mum (36) so trying to decide when we start TTC and if it might take awhile even though we were lucky first time round that it happened very quickly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 774775776777778 786>