FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight loss
    Posted: 16 August 2008 at 5:18pm
I know it is different for every one, but i'm just curious to know how much weight everyone lost after giving birth (literally straight after) and how much weight you had to 'work' on loosing.
Sponsored Links

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 5:23pm
Hehe well... at 40 weeks preg, I was 152kg.
I got weighed today and i'm 127kg :D I have eaten so much junk food and drank so much wine (well not that much actually) and been lazy and horrible, yet ive still lost weight *hides* This is 3 months down the track as well... As far as straight after - I honestly couldnt tell you - I didnt really give a crap as i'd just had a caesar and felt like complete arse.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 5:52pm
Full term I was 99kg.. I didn't weigh myself straight after but a month after I was 91kg. I'm now down to 72kg after A LOT of work
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 6:05pm
I got to 60kg at 40 weeks, the next time I weighed myself I was 50kg at about 5 days after giving birth. I did have a very big baby 9lb6 so thats where a lot of it went. I have since lost another 6kg although still not at pre-pregnancy weight.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 6:58pm

Andrew 127kg when I had him, the day after 112kgs (I had pre eclampsia) and Josh I can't remember sorry.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
sadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 7:02pm
I was 84kg the day I had DS - first recorded weight in my book was 70kg so I put on 14kg.
DS was 3.5kg, and when I got from from Birthcare I had lost 7kg in the 3 days.
Now 7 months down the track I am at 65kg so am pretty pleased with that. Haven't gone out of my way to diet at all given that I am still breastfeeding. I walk loads though which I think has made a big impact in losing the weight.
gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 8:47pm
I lost 8kg between 39 weeks and the day after Cian's birthday (I delivered at 39w 5d) so I'm guessing that was all him and the placenta!!
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 8:55pm
Just going on the last time (I gained the most weight that pregnancy, 14kg) I got up to 62kg after 4 days after c-section I was down to 55kg, now down to 52kg which is where I'll sit until I stop BF....well that's how it went for me both other times, when I stop BFing and my body returns back to itself hormonal wise the weight simply drops off. Bearing in mind I'm a very keen excerciser before, during and after pregnancys.
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
Alanismum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanismum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 9:38pm
I put on 15 kg during pregnancy. Baby was 3.7kg. When I came home from hospital I'd lost only 5 kg. It went down pretty quickly in the first few weeks though. After 5 months I've been back to pre-pregnancy weight. I think breastfeeding helped did all the work because I didn't diet or exercise at all.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 9:45pm
I put on 23 with the gremlins and lost 14 in the first week (6kg of that was baby + 1kg of placenta). I put on 16kg having Chiara and lost 6kg immediately afterwards, she was 3.5kg.

The weight fell off while I was breastfeeding/expressing for the gremlins but I put it back on plus interest once I stopped, and it's coming off OK now but I really need to get my eating and exercise sorted.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Daizy Daizy wrote:

I got to 60kg at 40 weeks, the next time I weighed myself I was 50kg at about 5 days after giving birth. I did have a very big baby 9lb6 so thats where a lot of it went. I have since lost another 6kg although still not at pre-pregnancy weight.

Am I reading this right, you're 44 kg darl? Isn't that really underweight or are you a fellow shorty like myself?
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 10:12pm
I was 55-56kg pre pregnancy, and went up to 78kg (Bub was 9lb/4.08kg and I had a HUGE placenta) ...also I was such a lazy slob during pregnancy - I don't recommend it. I ate bad food like it was going out of fashion, and i ate like I was carrying quads

After birth I was around 68 kg and slowly over his first year i dropped back down to 58kg. Now I waver between the 58-60kg mark depending on if I'm having a good day. My goal is to get back down to 50-52 kg like I was back in the day, I'm a shorty so that will be a healthy weight for my height.
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 10:12pm
I was about 8kg lighter after having Gina - 10 days later that is as that's when we came home
With Emma, the day after having her, I was the same weight

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 5:42am
i havent weighed myself since about 32 weeks pregnant so have no idea how much weight i ws and am... i like it like that too or i might start to obsess i am back in my pre preg clothes though
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 10:23am
with jack, i was 76kg when i got preggy, not sure what i weighed at the end of it...around 89kg i think...after he was born i was 84kg and it never shifted. he was 5lb 12oz

with charli i was still 84kg when i got preggy, and was 86kg when i had her.......after i had her i was 76kg

i am now 78kg which is only 2kg more, but there's alot more flab...........hence my daily visits to the gym

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 10:28am
With Kryssi I was 70kg when she was born and 64kg one week later.... and then until June this year lol
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Mum2Lucas Mum2Lucas wrote:

Originally posted by Daizy Daizy wrote:

Am I reading this right, you're 44 kg darl? Isn't that really underweight or are you a fellow shorty like myself?

Yep, Im a shorty Only just 5ft....just

Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 11:16am
Well I only made it to 31 wks 4 days. With all the extra fluid I was retaining because of the pre-eclampsia I got up to 65kg (my pre-preg weight was about 43kg - yes I am a shorty!). A couple of days after giving birth and loosing most of the extra fluid I got down to 55kg. When the swelling in my body finally went down after a week (and after a week on hospital food!) I was down to 47kg and that's where I still am almost 6 months later.

Missed MC July 2011
denny25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 6:27pm
Yep i must admit, i am obsessing about my weight. I have 2 more weeks to go before my due date and so far i have gained 17kgs. I thought i'd be able to get my pre pregnancy clothes over my thighs at least, but no way! So that is my main concern. Is it excess fluid in my thighs or fat? And i can't stop thinking about food and i am always hungry. Ho HUM!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 6:48pm
I gained almost 30kg so don't feel too bad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>