FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddairy and soya free butter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dairy and soya free butter?
    Posted: 16 October 2008 at 2:14pm
anyone know dairy and soya free butter? my local supermarket ask if i can find one for them to order some in for me if they able to!
Sponsored Links

*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 2:48pm
Sorry Soph - but I don't believe there is one.

There used to be one called Nutlex (or something like it), but they stopped importing it ages ago.

To my knowledge the dairy free ones all have soy lecithin in them.

Although I did read a while ago that most people who are allergic to soy can still tolerate soy lecithin... Not sure if this is something you want to risk though...

I have in the past seen recipes online for making your own 'butter' from olive oil.   This could be another option. We usually use avocado as a spread on bread and substitute rice oil for butter in recipes.

Edited by *Lou*
soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 8:15pm
argh....

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 9:36pm

http://www.naturallyorganic.co.nz

Soph - try contacting these guys - they are awesome and am sure that they can help...I found a couple of spreads on their website that might be good for you.

soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 6:34pm
I contacted Ntolerance as avised by allergy NZ.
Here is their reply on dairy and soy free butter....
"Yes I do stock an organic Sunflower table spread. It is made from vegetable non-hydrogenated organic oils, water, organic carrot juice, organic lemon juice, & emulsifier. Cost is $7.00/250gm.
It needs to be refrigerated, therefore, not advertised on web site. Do you live close to Pukekohe? "

So anyone in Auckland looking for dairy and soy free butter, here is.

I am still on mission to find one in South Island!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 6:39pm
Try contacting natures organics, they have a website and are on the corner of sommerfield and colombo. I'm sure they will be able to order something in for you if they don't have one already.

soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 6:41pm
Already done, just waiting for their reply.
soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 8:11am
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

Try contacting natures organics, they have a website and are on the corner of sommerfield and colombo. I'm sure they will be able to order something in for you if they don't have one already.

Got their reply:

"All our Dairy Free Margarine contain Soy Lethicin.. sorry"
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 3:25pm
That's a shame, perhaps I should find out how to make some and go into business

soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 8:53pm
I brought dairy and soy free butter!!!!!!! in christchurch city centre!!!!

Ok right for anyone interesting in sunflower spreads or Omega spreads, both are dairy, soy, and nuts free.

Christchurch: Found at Piko on Kilmore street (got online shop too).

Dundein: Found at Taste Nature..anyone there know it?

Auckland: Found at Ntolerance shop (got online shop too)

Anywhere else in NZ: contact www.chantel.co.nz for further info.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply