FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow Much Sleep?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Much Sleep?
    Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:10pm
Hi Ladies

Just worrying (how surprising!) that my little girl is having too much sleep and not enough play/stimulation.

She's just over 8 weeks old and during the day i'm sticking to a 3 hour feeding cycle. Basically she will be up for about 1 hour and down for about 2 hours ... up time being feeding (around 40 minutes including a nappy change) and playing (15-20 minutes).

She settles pretty well (usually within 10 minutes) so i'm assuming she is tired after an hour being up but she also sleeps really well through the night ... from about 7pm - 3am and then again from about 3.30am - 8am.

Does this sound alright? Am I just being paranoid?
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:13pm
Sounds perfect to me! 1 hr is plenty of awake time at that age. Spounds like youve got it all sorted,..enjoy!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 2:33pm
Sounds absolutely perfect to me too - well done! long may it last!
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 3:51pm
Thanks ladies

Being a mum is so stressful. You worry about everything!
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 3:54pm
wow lucky you!
[/url]
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 3:58pm
man, I wish I had that problem! lol sounds great!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 4:04pm
Yeah enjoy it while it lasts!! Luke used to sleep like to - 1hr is enough stimulation for a baby that age.

She'll be awake more soon enough
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
my2girls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 8:22pm
sounds good to me too, my dd2 was up for an hour until she was around 3-4months old (i used to wonder when she was going to start being up for longer too), now its 1.5 hours and she is 51/2mths old, she loves her sleep too! enjoy it while it lasts.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 10:28am
Sounds good to me aswell!

Wait until they are 4 months old, they dont want to have day sleeps lol(well mine doesnt anyways) he will go down for maybe 40mins at a time then he is in his cot chatting away wide awake lol.
Sometimes he has long sleeps but not like when he was newborn.

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 12:30pm

Ours is similar, in that we do a four hourly cycle and he is up for 1.5 hrs of that time. Any sooner to bed and he doesn't settle well (not that he always settles this way either!!)

Post Reply Post Reply