FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTwins or Triplets or more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 221>
Author
Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 11:45am
Amazing stuff hay, scary how similar the girls look except their colouring, hard to get your head around it.   

Just had weigh day at Plunket & both are doing well, Eli 6kg & Jacob 5.3kg @ 4months, their percentage difference in weight is getting smaller at least. Short babies though, hope they don't take after me when they grow up.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
Sponsored Links

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 1:30pm
Great weights twinboys! Did you find out their length?

We just came back from the doc the girls got their jabs Esme is now 7.7kg 68cm length and Hazel is 8kg 68cm length. Esme is finally catching up to Hazel which is great news Their Dad is 6ft 4 so they might be tall like their Daddy.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 1:35pm
Just had a look back at their previous weights and at around 4months Hazel was 6.17kg and Esme was 5.69kg They were both 61cm length so it sounds like your boys are growing very similar to my girls

MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 3:09pm
Always nice to hear about other babies being the samish weight, as the person before me had a 3mnth baby girl weighing in at 6.4kg but she did only have one & she wasn't prem so can't really compare I supose! They are 55 & 57cm long so are shorties based on the well child books, throughout my weekly scans their length always measured short too but I don't think it means to much (or at least I hope it doesn't).

We have twin twins then, they do sound very similar in behaivour & development.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 3:28pm
Yeah I have to admit I always compare my girls to other peoples singletons but its really not the same. Ours will always be slightly smaller than most. My sister has twin boys that are 2 years old but her boys were big for twins at birth they were 7pound and 7.5 pound So I was always freakin out that my girls were behind but really I think ours are doing pretty well for twins They're happy and healthy and thats the main thing.

MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 3:46pm
Sounds like they're doing well and as you say 'happy & healthy'. I guess you have twins running in the family then? Must be nice to have that person there for advice.

I dread immunisations, the 6wk jabs Jacob went cold, sleepy, didn't feed, low temp & we spent a night in hopsital & then had to be observed in hospital for the day for their 3 mnth in case it happened again which went fine so hopefully when it comes to their 5 mnth jabs all goes well.

Does it get hard when they realise a bit more about what is happeneing with the jabs? My boys just squel a bit and then go to sleep but I imagine it's harder when they have a better concept of pain etc.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:24pm
Nope I was told they get worse as they get older but my girls were fine. I have to get DH to hold them down though cause I can't bring myself to watch I take a bottle with me so immediatly after the jab I pop it in their mouth and all is good. Esme was laughing away 5mins later so it can't be too bad

I didn't do their 6 week jabs untill they were 3 months old because I didn't want so many chemicals in such brand new little bods plus they were 3 weeks early so I had to take that into account. They are currently almost 8 months but just got their 5 month jabs. Must have been scary with Jacob Poor little guy.

Have you joined the multiple birth club?

MC April 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:38pm
Hopefully my boys are the same at their 5m. I felt so bad having my tiny little boys who had only been home for a week from NICU have their jabs especially that they don't change the jab fluid amount that their given even though the boys weren't even newborn size. Especially when Jacob reacted as he did.

Yep, joined the club and will start going to their 'playgroups' on Mondays starting in Feb. They have an infant room seperated from toddlers. I don't have an antinatal group so I'm looking forward to meeting other mummy's. And you?
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 4:50pm
Did you not do antinatal classes? My sister that has the twins said they do multiple birth antinatal classes in Ak which I though was quite cool. They only have them here very rarely if they have enough people so we missed out. I did a singleton class and still talk to a couple of the mothers and keep up with others on facebook.

I haven't joined the MBC yet but have been trying to get hold of them for the last couple of days so I can join a playgroup. I started going to singleton plunket groups when the girls were newborn but I got sick of people wanting to help me all the time assuming I had it really tough because I had 2 Its nice but can be frustrating. Have only just gained interested in joinging a group again. Would be nice to see some other Mommas with their twinnies. I met up with some of the CHCH mommas from this site for a coffee group just before xmas which was cool.

MC April 2010
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 6:57pm
Yep we had a big 1st birthday and I am sure everyone else had fun but I got a tummy bug and has to say in my bedroom in bed puking , but I am lucky that we have such good friends and family who made sure everyone was well looked after!
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 8:26pm
Bummer Floss Hope DH got lots of photos.

I have just discovered that my clever little monkey Esme has gotten her first tooth!!! Very exciting stuff! Its very little and sharp. Its weird how sharp it is, I guess it's so they can break through the skin. Its weird though she hasn't shown any signs of teething it just popped up out of nowhere. Whereas Hazel is getting grumpy and showing signs but no tooth yet.
Can't believe how excited I am over something so silly..... I think I need to get out of the house more lol!

MC April 2010
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 8:52pm
Jabs hurt!!!
Luke and Zavier had their first jabs when they were 6 weeks, in the SCBU, poor lil men, I hated seeing it, they had pricks all the time for tests of all sorts, and eye tests :(

Floss, hope ur feeling better now! I have had a cold since new years eve, and i can't shake it!!

Have two teething monkeys, have been teething for months but STILL NO TEETH!!! grr!!!

Off to Auckland Zoo tomorrow though, hope it goes well!!

Then Thursday the boys have their hospital visit to check up all their bits and pieces and Luke has a hearing test later in the month.... so many tests, due to them being so prem.

Oh and Twinboys2B, I had about the same 2.2 L of fluid taken out in sydney, they thought Zavier wouldn't make it through it cause he looked so sick :( but my miracle boy made it. They don't do the TTTS surgery here atm, although the doctor i was under flew to SYD and filmed me and another lady from Aucks surgery so they can see if it is viable to do here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 10:00am
What a shame about being sick Floss, I hope they had fun anyway.

Had MB antinatal classes but they were crap and the very few couples who attended lived so far away (north shore & west) that we don't keep in contact, luckily have a few friends with bubs though.

How exciting about getting her first tooth, gosh I'd be as excited as you - not silly at all.

Bex, I was involved in the fundraising campaign to get the right equiptment to do the laser surgery in Auck which should be up and running this year some time. It was on the front page of the latest Mercury Newsletter. We got a professional photographer at NICU who did heaps of lovely photos for the fundraiser which was nice to have.

I know what you mean about hospital visits, am over that place. Obviously ours wern't as prem so not as many tests required but had 5 hospital visits over 2 weeks last Dec which was a pain BUT all is fine & only have 1 more Pead general check up in Feb. Jacob had a hole in the heart which is now gone (very common in prems) plus a few random issues & Eli had a seisure at birth but again all is fine. I suppose you have regular check ups with Simon Rowly (spelling?) or do you go to someone out West?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 10:32am
2 x Q's for you guys:

1: For those who have twins & had another bubs afterwards what age gap would you recommend (or would have liked) and to those who havn't yet had anymore are you thinking you will?

I am not against the idea but understand it will be hard work, was thinking a three year gap would be more managable?

2: Did you/ are you going back to work? If so what sort of childcare did you get and why did you go for that option?

Am looking at options and a childcentre seems too expensive in Auck for 2 bubs so will investigate nanny/ porse or the alike.

Thanks in advance
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 12:11pm
I don't have any other kids but would love at least one more. I'm also thinking three years sounds like a good age gap. I told DH that once they can do up their own seatbelts we can try for another

I currently have no plans to go back to work. If it had been one baby I would be back now but with 2 it doesn't seem worth the costs of childcare and I love being home with my girls. I would however like to look at a teaching degree at some stage. Probably next year.

My sister that has the twins got a full time mon-fri nanny for her boys once they turned one. Shes great she does all the cooking and cleaning as well. But I think shes costing them around 48k a year

BEX1 wrote -

Have two teething monkeys, have been teething for months but STILL NO TEETH!!! grr!!!

Good luck chic! Hopefully they aren't too far away

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 4:28pm
Bex just curious since your boys are around the same age as my girls, do you know their current weights?

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:45pm
We were too cheap to buy the girls a paddling pool but it was stinking hot today so I got creative :)
The following is the girls having a 'swim' in one of DH's big plastic storage bins Also I'm taking these photos off my facebook page so hoping they're not too big

Hazel left Esme right

I love this shot! They so take after their Daddy here lol!

It was so cute Hazel was getting really upset because Esme kept splashing her

MC April 2010
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 10:43pm
haha that is so cute our two don't sit on their own yet!!

Twinboys - our lil ones got transferred from auckland nicu to waitakere after about 3 weeks? so they have paed appointments there, they still have some reflux but no other major issues!

Lisa, Will let you know their weight tomorrow after their paed appointment

went to the zoo today, zavier cried so much it drove me nuts, oh well!!

cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 9:58am
Im flying up to Auckland this afternoon with the twins and my 2 yr old! Im not too worried about how Jordan and Marshall will cope but it will be a challenge to entertain Levi for 2 hours and keep him in his seat. Will let you know how I go.

I do have help however on the plane cos they couldnt guarantee that I would be let on the plane with the three kids by myself. My mum is flying down from Auckland today and them flies straight back with me just to help me with them. I was wanting to put one of the twins in their carseat, another in the front pack and Levi with his reins, but I was told that they wont let me on the plane when boarding if it looks like I couldnt cope. It was completely up to the opinion of the flight crew at the time even though I would have paid for the 3 seats and booked on my luggage. I find it a bit patronising when you are a mum of multiples - you just have to cope - no option! Anybody else with a similar experience?
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:39am
Thats ridiculous! What exactly do they think is going to happen?

DH and I took the girls to wellington when they were 5months old. They trip over was a nightmare!! The girls had a complete meltdown from the moment we got into the airport. It really freaked me out because they don't cry much and certainly not as hard as they were. Esme was the worst at one point before we got on the plane I almost gave up to take her to the hospital I was so worried. But once we got there they finally settled. The flight home was a breeze they just slept. I think they only had problems because on the 1st flight it was about 2 hours past their normal bedtime so they were just tired and confused

Hope it all goes well Cat Take bottles or dummys with you so they have something to suck on. The loud noise of the plane will most likely send them off to sleep pretty well....I hope lol!

MC April 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 221>