FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue October 2009!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 332>
Author
fionae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fionae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 5:24pm
All those stories stories about loosing you dignity made me have a real good laugh.....Also good to know what we forst timers are in for

Been a good day for a Monday. Had a tough time at work last week and ended up having thurs and fri off. When at work I am pretty much on my feet most of the day and finding it really tough. So talked to my boss today and am going to go part time. Work just 3 days a week which I am really pleased about....
What is everyone else doing re finishing work and hours etc????

Sponsored Links

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 5:56pm
I am finishing this week (I work 2 days a week). In hindsight I am so glad I'm finishing up now as I honestly feel like I'm way more pregnant than I am . Last time I worked until 36 weeks or so & Liam was a week early so I had 3 weeks at home which worked out well.
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 5:58pm
Dignity definately goes out the window, don't worry about packing a t-shirt or nightie to give birth in!!! Naked is most comfy and you don't care at all, too busy concentrating and wanting a baby out!!!

DD has been sick, fevers and few vomits and things. Now I have a sore throat (don't even have any tonsils!) I got bad flu when I was preg with her, I hope it's not going to happen again!
Holstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 6:26pm
cheers littlestar :)
Mty BP was just having a funny day according to my MW. I was rechecked again today and it was a nice 128/68, so she's happy with that
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 6:34pm
I am finishing in 3 weeks in my permanent full time capacity so will be 32 weeks and am then going to do a couple of days a week relief for 3 or 4 weeks as have decided that 32 weeks is too early for me to finish.

Last time I was due to finish 3 days before my due date but had DS 2 weeks early.

I birthed in a hospital gown but then I am a prude and there was no way I was having my boobs hanging out! I had my bra and a gown on and only really took my knickers off to have my waters broken and then close to the end.

goldy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 7:36pm
Hi Everyone!

So sorry I've completely dropped off the radar. All the technical problems with the site and then went overseas and then when I got back I wasn't able to post for some strange reason. FINALLY figured out that the "some strange reason" was because I wasn't automatically logged on anymore. Duh! I really shouldn't be allowed out of the house with this preggy brain.

Things are going really well here. The nursery is all painted and furnished, just need to get some stuff up on the walls. My sis threw me a baby shower when I was back home in June, so I got heaps of stuff then. Really just need to sort a capsule and nappies and a few more odds and ends.

Feeling pretty good. A bit of heartburn and have developed carpal tunnel which happens during pregnancy sometimes apparently. Wake up with sore and numb hands, but it disappears mid morning. Pretty hilarious trying to carry coffees with numb hands. Lets just say our regulars are getting used to half their coffee being in the saucer.

So ready for maternity leave, we just need to hire my replacement at the cafe.

Antenatal classes have been really good, learning about the Pink Kit. This week our partners learn how to do shiatsu massage, so looking forward to this class.

Still planning a home birth assuming all goes according to plan. DP has really gotten into the whole birth preparation routine, really pleased about that. We do our "baby homework" once a week. He's really gotten so much more involved, MUCH improved over the first 3 months. I think it helps that he can feel the baby move and that I'm so big.

Phew! I think that catches me up. I've been lurking here and there, so I've kept up with what's been going on. We're getting there ladies! I can't believe it. 8 months this week!
SaffronLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaffronLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 7:51pm
I swear i need to take notes when I read all your posts - I can't remeber any thing!

I'm glad to say that I've not been too much of a b*tch to DH. He has been very accomodating really - we had people over on Sunday and he was very good at doing nearly all the cleaning (proper cleaning too), and being a fantastic host, getting drinks for everyone etc.

Great to hear some of the natural births from you second timers we really hope to pull off a relaxed, natural birth as well. I have attended a water birth before at Warkworth and they continuously changed the water with new stuff to keep the water at the best temp (and change out the gross stuff I suppose).

We looked at sample birth plans on the net - This one has a few samples.

I'm thinking of wearing one of those nursing singlets (cheap at K Mart) but I don't really care about being in the nud - medical people and m/ws see it all the time

I bought a $20 nursing bra from farmers (not sure if they go up to your size though Holstarr). But I was impressed with the 6 sets of hooks on the back! I didn't really want to spend $$ on bras just to grow out of them so quickly - but $20 hey. and I really needed something as my current 2 (underwires) were digging in. I figure that I will be able to wear this one again after BFing for a few months. and then for $20 I don't care about throwing it away.

I am looking at finishing work on 4th Sept but I am now thinking about finishing a week early..... 12 months without being paid, so whats a few more days?

Also someone mentioned that they were sold on a P&T sport and went to babycity to buy the capsule (that they didn't have). Which capsule are you buying? and does it fit in the P&T?
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 9:40pm
My contract finished up last week, so I'm off work now (unless I get something else). Quite happy with that!

I ended up buying a 2nd hand P+T with toddler seat on trademe, but haven't decided on a capsule yet.

The useless woman at babycity said that the P+T capsule can go in the P+T buggy (needs an extra attachment to make it work). I wouldn't trust her word though! I'm not sure if it works with a capsule and a toddler seat? I would prefer a capsule with a base, so probably won't go the P+T capsule option.
lulu star 09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu star 09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 9:50pm

Dignity whats that?? I lost mine in labour, funny story I was comletly naked leaning over the end of the bed, Id been pushing for god knows how long by this time (midwife made me push for about 5-6 hours that was bad of her) anyway, Neil went to go to the toilet he opened the curtain by the door to the room just as some guy was walking past automatically he looked our way OMG he went white at the site of me, I was pale, hair a mess, no clothes on, and I looked like i was ready to murder someone.  He started walking pretty fast after that, I felt real sorry for him I think he would have been traumatised for life after  that.

Holstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 12:23am

That beats any story I can imagine during labour... well done!!
LadyLizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 7:32am
Ah grrr, I still have 8 weeks of work left including this week, so will be finishing 3 weeks before due date.
Trying to swing it so I only have 7 weeks left, but having to tread carefully there.

Wish I was finishing now!

Had a great weekend, went to a good friends baby shower, which was fun, she is due in a few weeks, and did a bit of shopping including a few nice treats for me (handbags fit throughout your whole pregnancy!) and some for the baby.

We found baby city totally hopeless with buggy/capsule advice, we were there for over 20 minutes looking at them and nobody came to ask us if we wanted any help at all, which I thought was terrible.
So we took our $$ elsewhere and ended up buying them from a very helpful man at the Kiwi OUtdoors shop in Napier, they couldn't do enough for us and gave us extra discounts on additional P&T items because we bought the buggy there, and we will get discounts on any other P&T stuff we buy from them in the future.

Much MUCH nicer experience!

As for birth plans- have been told epidural is not suitable for me due to a few hip problems of mine, I didn't want one anyway but now I CAN"T have one I am a bit because is always nice to have the option.

Seeing Ob&Gyn consultant this week to discuss that further, I hope they don't recommend a C-sect, I really want to do this naturally, but if they think my pelvis/hips aren't up to it, I don't want to be crippled afterwards either so.... fingers crossed there.

Anyway, well into August now, countdown is on!

GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:04am
To those in or near Christchurch, this is SO worth going to if you can make it.... http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=bef804b9d6cb41b079fc8c9f6&id=9e0ce4d0f0&e=0cc6e4c1aa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:05am
Oops, try this Market
liveinhope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:56am
Hey north shore girls just checked and windsor cafe not open on a sunday. Any other suggested venues. I can come as long as not after 2.30 ( i start work on sunday at 4pm)
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 10:24am
Gingerbaby, looks good but I work Sat mornings so always miss out on those type of things.

Carpal Tunnel is a fricken nightmare in preg. Mine actually stayed around for about 8 weeks afterwards which at times made it hard picking DS up out of his basinett especially if I caught my thumb on the wrong angle.

SaffronLady - they are some hard out birth plans there! I really had no plan at all when you look at the detail of that!

Goldy, pleased to hear all is ok with you. Exciting on the baby shower and the room being ready. Feel free to post some pictures.

NZCupcake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZCupcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:00am
Woah our thread has picked up now it's all getting closer

Goldy! Welcome back, and good to hear all is well and the cafe is running smoothly. I second Peanut - nursery photos please!!

We got the final wall coat on the girls room last night - just the skirting boards to go and I can finally set it up - wahooo!!!

3 weeks, 3 days and 4 hours of work left for me - can you tell I can't wait till I'm finished

Scan this morning - girls have grown which is good - 3lb 14oz and 3lb 9oz. However presenting baby has flipped and is now breech and non-presenting baby also flipped and is now cephalic. VBAC is looking less and less likely - little ratbags. Also my placenta now has calcium in it, so it's starting to 'wear out' so will be watched more closely from here on.

I can't believe that I am at most, less than 7 weeks away from having two babies?!?!?
Cameron 10 ~ Sophie 9 ~ Nov08 Angel

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:19am
My bet is that you will be the first to go, NZCupcake

Might go and find the due date list and bring it fwd.....

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:43am

01 --- sally belly (Sally) - its a ???
02 --- goldy - its a ???
03 --- GingerBaby (Becky) - its a GIRL!
04 --- Saffron-Lady (Brenda) - its a GIRL!
05 --- potato - its a ???
05 --- NZCupcake (Cathy) - its Twin GIRLS!
05 --- Critta
06 --- littlestar (Jane) - its a BOY!
07 --- bellymelly (Melanie) - its a GIRL!
08 --- DonnaB - its a ???
09 --- DJ (Deb) - Its a GIRL!!
09 --- bjandmike - Its a GIRL!!
13 --- Cole88 (Nicole) - Its a GIRL!!
14 --- TwoBlondinis (Toni) - its a BOY!
15 --- LadyLizard (SB) - Its a GIRL!!
15 --- Peanut - its a ???
16 --- porcelina - its a BOY! - 3D scan 11 August
16 --- fionae - its a GIRL!
17 --- JDs Mum (Tracy) - its a ???
17 --- Jacobsmummy (Charlotte) - its a GIRL!
17 --- Holstarr - its a GIRL!
17 --- J B-M - its a ???
19 --- mikeandsarina - its a ???]
21 --- liveinhope (Rachel) - its a BOY!
21 --- Keiracat - its a ???
23 --- kaiser
26 --- Mum2Sam(Sterryn) - its a BOY!
27 --- Kazz - its a GIRL!
27 --- Disco - its a ???
28 --- lulustar09 - its a BOY!
30 --- emachan (Emma) - its a ???

Gender Guesses for Oct 09 Babies!

1 Oct - sallybelly
Peanut - Girl
Donna - Girl

2 Oct - goldy
Peanut - Boy

8 Oct - DonnaB
Sally Belly - Boy
Peanut - Girl

15 Oct - Peanut
Sally Belly - Girl
Donna - Girl

17 Oct - JD'sMum
Peanut - Boy
Sally Belly - Boy
Donna - Girl

27 Oct - Disco

30 Oct - emachan
Sally Belly - Girl
Peanut - Girl
Donna - Boy

Might need some bump shots from the girls with no guesses!

Edited by Peanut

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:51am
Yay Goldy I am so glad you are learning about the Pink Kit, I had Andrea Vincent as my MW for DD in Nelson and I swear it is just awesome, I think it really helped me cope with the contractions and focussing.

I had carpal tunnel last time and being a big knitter and having nothing to do I got a bit depressed. Of course this time if I get it I have a DD to run around after still. But it's still nice to relax and do my knitting!

I definately have a cold, of course being pregnant it's more like man flu!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 12:12pm
What on earth is pink kit???

Am trying to think of a cafe for Sunday - shame about Windsor as I've heard such good things about it lately! What about Robert Harris in Milford? It's pretty relaxed so they won't mind toddlers running riot, and there's couches as well as coffee tables so we can spread out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 332>