FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue October 2009!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 332>
Author
GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 4:51pm
Good on you Cupcake, gonna PM my buddy now! Thanks for organising
Sponsored Links

cole88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 6:30pm
im still around lol just busy busy lol working etc just 6more weeks tho and would love to have a buddy so you can all c whn bubs is born....

Holstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 7:51pm
oops I accidentally PM'ed Peanut instead of NZCupCake with the txt buddy info
hehehe
fionae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fionae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 7:53pm
I just spent ages typing a post and then lost it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway here is the short version....

nzcupcake great idea with buddy txt list, thx gingerbaby for your pm

Lovely day here, been so much nice here lately than it was a while ago!

Am so tied today, but I guess we all have days like these and maybe they will get more and more frequent....

Bubs being very active today and last night..so cool to feel her moving inside!

Well i better sign off before I delete this again. Gotta love the preggy brain

lulu star 09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu star 09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:01pm

Yay I love the buddy thing, I feel for you getting heart burn mine is awful was with riley to, apples are real good for preventing it, they seem to work i think!!

what time are you guys meeting on Sun? started drinking raspberry tea today yak.

hope your all well, and your bubs are well.xxx

Holstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 8:17pm
Is it too early to start drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? Also what time are you meeting on Sun and where? If I get the call to not come into work, I might be able to make it.
SaffronLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaffronLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 9:02pm
I'm on the raspberry leaf tea - angel baby/beautiful mama (or something like that) brand. Its tastes quite nice - it has spearmint in it as well as camomile etc and smells minty.

Meet up is still at 2pm on sunday - we have yet to re-decide on a venue though....
Robert Harris at Milford mall or
Columbus Coffee in (industrial) Albany?
Anyone got a preference? As I said I'm easy
jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 9:07pm
Hi everyone

heres week 29 bump taken today 29wks 4 days preg

and bare skin lol
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 9:52pm
Lurking....

Re. swelling. One good thing is (if you can) getting into a pool and just moving around - the water helps the circulation in your legs so the fluid gets distributed a wee bit and the swelling goes down. Otherwise, feet up and lots of liquid. I can tell you that you don't really want compression stockings - they are not that comfortable. I have severe oedema (swelling) and my feet and legs, right up to the top of my thighs, are huge, hard as rocks and shiny to the max. And they HURT - it feels like when you have severe sunburn and your clothes are rubbing against it. I don't fit any of my shoes at all (I stuff my feet into my sneakers, but it's not pleasant). And that's with compression stockings that go right up to my groin from my toes. Do what you can NOW to prevent it getting worse, if that means getting a med cert to wear sneakers or whatever - do not let it get too bad because it's not nice, at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:02pm
Oh hubby brought me a yummy icecream that is low in fat and sugar its called Ziltch (i think i splet it correctly) and man it tastes good even DH liked it :) its expensive tho like $8 a tub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:03pm
He got it from woolworths today.
Holstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 11:11pm
Yep kate I think a pool would work wonders for swelling. I myself don't have a bathing costume, and am a little bit shy of going into a public pools to do aquanatal or just getting the circulation going.
Some mornings when I try to roll over to my left side, I get a burning sensation down my right thigh, kinda like sunburn and prickly. Is this the kind of pain you mean??
fionae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fionae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 7:40am
Cool pic jacobsmummy! Nice bump....

another sunny day here, makes me almost want to get going in the mornings!
When I go part time I am going to start going to the pool that is just down the road from us. I am quite looking forward to it!

Have a good day everyone

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:08am
Holstarr - yep much like that, except I get it on both legs from thighs down, and my feet can be agony at times. As for the swimsuit thing....I went to JK and bought a maternity tankini especially for it...you don't feel at all out of place because you're with other preggy woman who look basically the same. I can't remember the last time I went to a public pool before now!!! For me though, I'm freaking huge (I'm measuring 41 weeks) and my size large top doesn't cover my tummy anymore (I can't go up a size because I don't have the boobs to go with the huge tummy LOL), but it's totally worth it. The relief you feel after you've been in the pool is instantaneous and amazing.
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:19am
Raspberry leaf tea should be in the last month, around 36 weeks on. Raspberry leaf, cohosh etc has been used to induce labour in old times.

I have had to cancel MW appt today, I don't want her getting our colds Hopefully we are better next week!
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:30am
Goodness so much going on in here. Now I totally can't remember who's got what!! I need to start taking notes or something.

To all those with cankles - I send you skinny leg vibes
And HUGS to those with colds and lurgy germs.

Well - all going well from my end. I passed my GTT - yay! so no GD for me thank you!

Also had the scan yesterday to see if all was ok in there, and all is well - no sign of bleeding or problems. He is DEFINETELY still a boy - even I could figure that one out. Measures all nice and normal, although the slightly larger than average head worries me, but I guess thats what the drugs are there for should it prove a problem. Currently 1.77kgs or 3lb14oz (although how they figure that out is beyond me)

Yay - only 1 week of work left! I know its early but I can't wait to start staying home.

I'm still on for Sunday - just let me know where (don't mind either location really as I'll visit my folks while I'm over that side of the world)
NZCupcake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZCupcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:56am
Updating to add in Nicole. Nicole - have added you in - we'll see if another MIA mum2be surfaces otherwise I am happy to be your buddy as well

Text Buddy List:
PM your mobile number to your buddy rather than posting it here as this is a public forum

Sally Belly / Peanut
goldy / Porcelina
GingerBaby / fionae
Saffron-Lady / JDs Mum
potato / Jacobsmummy
NZCupcake / Holstarr
littlestar / mikeandsarina
bellymelly / liveinhope
DonnaB / Mum2Sam
DJ / Disco
bjandmike / lulustar09
LadyLizard / Emachan
Cole88 /

MIA:
05 - Critta
14 - Two Blondinis
17 - J B-M
21 - Keiracat
23 - Kaiser
27 - Kazz
Cameron 10 ~ Sophie 9 ~ Nov08 Angel

NZCupcake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZCupcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:03am
Grats on no GD Jane! And I am so jealous of your 1 week of work to go!!! I've only got 3, but man I wish it was the end of this week

Hope you kick those bugs in the butt soon Porc - such a crappy time of the year for colds etc.

Lovely bump jacobsmummy!

I realised last night that I could literally pop from anytime here on, not wanting to or planning to by golly - but damn it scared me! I have nothing prepared for these girls yet?!?!?!

Rightio - meeting with the boss now, then I can spend the rest of the day 'pretending' to work!
Cameron 10 ~ Sophie 9 ~ Nov08 Angel

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:12am
Lol Cathy, today is my second last day of work so I'll be pretending to work too I think. I don't have a lot left to do apart from tidying up the loose ends & some filing which I have put off for months

I'm like you littlestar, I read then can't remember who said what .

Shame you had to cancel your MW appt Porce so hope you're all feeling better soon.

I had my MW appt this week & all seems to be going well. BP is still ok but my iron levels have started to drop off a bit so she suggested I start a supplement. My glucose test came back at the higher end of normal so she suggested I cut down on sugar which I am *trying* to do. I guess it's lucky that I don't eat much chocolate anyway because of the heartburn factor

Meant to say - nice little compact belly jacobsmummy

Edited by sally belly
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:22am
Cole88 - I'll buddy up with you - mikeandsarina hasn't been in for a few months so might be MIA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 332>