FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe vent thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 123>
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 7:09pm
my washing machine died and will cost nearly $300 to repair.

My rates and rego are due

My car stopped dead in an intersection today and the garage answer was "oil is not where is supposed to be...be prepared"

not a good day

and kids were little creeps today (luckily, my own have been angels, apart from Taine whose sanwich was eaten by the dog and is screaming about it, and yelling "Goodbye everyone" and throwing himself down in a dramatic fashion)
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 1:07am
Its 01h05 and I'm still at work. 18 hours and counting with no end in sight, presentations beginning at 09h00, and of course no overtime pay.

I am bug-eyed from exhaustion

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 8:08am
I want my lovely, gentle daughter back! The pod people have replaced her!

I'm never going to T&T again, some lovely member of staff thought it was Ok to inform me that if her children ran around like that she'd give them a slap. And the other member of staff recommended I put her on a leash! She wasn't causing any harm, yes I was having a hard day with toddler defiance but it is NOT thier place!
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:25pm
FreeSpirit - I would have said
"Well if someone came up to me and rudely offered their unwanted opinion I'd give them a slap. Wait...thats you!"

But then I'm mean like that

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:22pm
My vent is I've had to change my forum name and all my details so I can't be tracked down.
I know OB is public and normally I don't mind people knowing who I am, but there are always lurkers and stalkers out there who don't seem to understand the OB environment. *sigh*
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Mum2Mac Mum2Mac wrote:

FreeSpirit - I would have said
"Well if someone came up to me and rudely offered their unwanted opinion I'd give them a slap. Wait...thats you!"

But then I'm mean like that

love it
http://lilypie.com]
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:16pm
To the two people in a row that have bought an item off us on TM in the past week and then have not bothered to contact us - GRRRRRRR!!! And especially to the second guy who then told TM that we pulled out of the deal (5 days after they won the auction with still no contact) so we don't get the sucess fee refunded!! GRRRRR!!

And also a massive GRRR to stupid cars, that all of a sudden need 4 new tyres when we have no way to pay for them....except by selling items on TM which idiots then decide they don't want but don't bother to let us know....'phew' feeling better now

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 9:27pm
Ressurecting for those who need it .

Minor vent but gah , I PEELED Tylers vegies, I BOILED Tylers vegies , I BLENDED Tylers vegies, I had a big pot of Tylers nicely done vegies ready to put in the muffin tray and freeze .
And what did I do ?
I DROPPED Tylers vegies alllll ovvverrr the flooooor .

Kelly =Fail.

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:22pm
I'm sorry Kelly, I just giggled (and boy would I have been p*ssed if I dropped it on the floor).

Bah humbug, I swear if any more of the wives/girlfriends from a certain man's workplace try to talk to me about my private life again, I will start telling them what I think of the busybody behaviour. You're not my friend lady, it's NONE of your freaking business! In fact, you shouldn't know anyway, but your husband gossips like a woman!
M2K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:27pm
Naaaw, that sucks! I giggled too, but it reminded me of when I spent an arvo making pureed fruit and veges to freeze for Keira the other weekend, only to have the first lot I gave her spat back into my face as she was blowing raspberries, not cool haha!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:49pm
haha , least thats cute ..in hindsight ! probably wasn't at the time

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:02pm
This is a vent about my mother

Called her yesterday to tell her that DF and I were getting married here is how the conversation went

Me: Hi Mum, Got some news, you are going to need to keep the 2nd of Jan free
Mum: Why? Oh you're not getting married are you (said in really negative way)
Me: Yea we are actually isn't that cool
Mum: thats nice
Mum: I have bad news though I doubt I will be able to get the time off work

ARGH! PFFFFFT at you!

Oh yea and my awesome brothers and sister, one brother and one sister online when I announced on facebook and they didn't say a thing, Managed to become fans of crap like petville but couldn't even congratulate their sister!

I would just like to add that my Dad and his Partner however have been totally amazing and have even offered to help pay for the wedding so I dont have it all bad!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:14pm
Oh Bex, that sucks :-( sorry they weren't more supportive of you hun .
I know its not the same , but WE are all very happy and excited for you , don't tet them drag you down , if they want to have a problem then thats their issue , stuff em .

Incidentally , my own brother didn't bother turning up to my wedding , claiming he "doesnt do churches " even tho one of our groomsmen was a satanist .

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:48pm
Thanks Kell, I am lucky in the fact I have lots of lovely friends on here and IRL that support me that means I don't need to worry so much about them. Its frustrating cause I would love to not invite her now if that is her attitude but i just dont have the heart. My brothers and sister aren't invited anyway because it is going to be a small wedding and they live so far away they wouldn't be able to afford it anyways!

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 8:10am
My vent..

I wish DP would be more supportive and considerate. I am studying, working and being a mum. I still do all the bills, the groceries, organize birthdays. He goes to work and comes home.

Last night i needed an hour to study, make flash cards and just go over what we learnt in class yesterday. Kylah wouldnt go to sleep and it was 9pm. He tells me its my turn to get her to sleep..

Yeah i would normally jump at it, but i feel like i am falling behind, struggling with all of this.

Blah. I will get there.

Oh and also, i go to Aussie in 22 days. My first ever holiday. I have never had a holiday, yeah i have had time off work on 'holidays' but i have never actually been on one. I am so excited inside but DP is really grumpy about me going. He is jealous, i mean i would be too, but can you not be excited and happy for me just for a day? I want to talk about it, be excited with someone..

Edited by Kandice
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 8:59am
Bex...not sure if it's possible, but maybe give her some time to get used to it. When DH and I told Mum and Dad that we were getting married (we went to their house and did it in person), Mum's response was to shake her hand at me and say "I don't want to know about it, don't talk to me about it". So I didn't tell her about it, talk to her about it etc. and she slowly realised what she was missing out on, and started to get involved....after a massive blow up because I wasn't inviting kids (I have 13 nieces and nephews who weren't invited).

Oh, and Kandice...I feel your pain. I wrote a thread about it just yesterday And I'm excited for you (and a little jealous!!)...you're going to have a ball!!!
kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 11:20am
Ooooh today I really REALLY need this thread....

Grrrr at emotionally manipulative guilt tripping mothers who make threats (emotional ones) based on percieved slights and imagined offences, threats by TEXT no less.

How DARE she a) think so little of me that I would make the slights and offences in the first place b) think its appropriate to slate me via TEXT and c) expect me to be so utterly perfect that I have to be responsible for her decisions and happiness.

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 11:20am
deleted for double post

Edited by kiwikid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 6:01pm
Stupid effing clearblue test must have been a false positive ,my HCG levels are only 2 and for some stupid reason they want me to come back tomorrow but I don't see the point .

My back hurts , I really want a break from the kids for 10mins cos they are driving me crazy , certain people are getting on my nerves and of course DH is working til late .

Over it , ooooovvverrrr it .

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 6:26pm
i slept on the couch last night cause hubby was an arse! he has to get his own tea tonight...the kids are having chippies and nuggets and i am having wine.

for all of you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 123>