FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1 girl + 1 boy but..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 girl + 1 boy but..
    Posted: 26 May 2006 at 10:40am
I have one beautiful girl aged 3 and one beautiful boy aged 16 months, the thing is I would like another one. The problem my husband thinks that because we have one of each we don't need anymore, and everyone else thinks that too. I always reckon you have a baby for a baby and not for a sex. On the other hand I do wonder how it would be with 3 children we have only have a three bedroom house, but then so did my parents! Can anyone tell me how you get on with three children, thanks
Sponsored Links

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 10:56am
We've got one of each, (girl aged 5 and boy aged 1) and #3 due in November. At this stage, Bubs is going to be in our room in a bassinette until they are ready to move into a cot. By then, our son should be in a bed and he will share a room with the baby.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
mum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:04pm
i have triplets and they sleep in the same room

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:15pm
triplets. woah!
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:22pm
well I have been rethinking the plan to have two recently and thought maybe I wanted 3 instead but this morning I have my two neices here, aged 4 and 1 with Kobe aged 2 and man what a mission it was getting to the supermarket! even getting in the car took forever and they are all good well behaved kids. Maybe its the fact that Im so preggie which made it seem harder but at the moment while Im sitting here trying to feed two and get the other one to sleep and feed myself two kids doesnt seem so bad!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:27pm
Hey Mitch,

We're expecting our first bubs in September and i agree with you, I think a baby should be because you want a child and not dictated by the gender!

Good luck making a decision, I'm sure if a 3rd bubs is what you both want you will learn to manage, legions of other parents have!

For the record we are contemplating 3 ourselves.

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:44pm
Seeing as it's already on the record this is #3, and we want 5. I think our kids will be sharing rooms with each other, in varying combinations, for a while!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 1:31pm
I always wanted four but now Andy has vetoed any more than two! Not for any other reasons than financial (and his warped middle child syndrome theory?)

First time round I definitely wanted a boy, this time I am not particularly fussed although a girl would be nice (but i think that is mainly for dress up reasons) and if there were to be anymore I would like to think that I would not be fussed about gender!
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 2:12pm
I grew up with normally at least 5 of us kids (step family) and must say it was great fun and is really nice now, I just dont think I could handle that many.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 10:05pm
I don't have 3 kidlets but I am one of 3 kidlets (well, 8 including extras now! ooo... and if we include boyfriends that's a few more!) and my sis and I shared a room for many years with the expected probs. Nothing we couldn't overcome with a bit of tape down the center of the room and a death threat if my sis stepped over it. (Despite the door to get out being on my side of the room )

When I hit the dreaded teens I moved into my own room and my sis moved in with my brother. Worked out brilliantly (except for more taped separation etc)

And yes, baby for baby's sake!
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 7:38am
I actually discussed this with dh the other night, we only want 2 and I asked what he would want to do if we did have 2 girls only (he would like a boy to carry on the family name), he still only wants 2, as do I
Hershey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hershey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 2:15pm
I have a 2 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. The first comments people made when she was born??? "Oh, that's it - you have the perfect pair, what do you want another one for????" I just feel there is still someone waiting to join our family and for us to get to know. My only dillema is when - VERY clucky at the moment. My 2yr old is very full on and demands a lot of my attention. Lucky my girl is placid and goes with the flow. (secret squirril - I actually want 4!!!!.
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 4:14pm
< language=> We dont have any yet but the husband & I have agreed that if we have two of the same sex then we would try for a 3rd ( and only a 3rd otherwise you could go on and on trying for the oppsite sex hehe)but at the end of the day we wouldnt care if we were only blessed with one LOL. But defiantely a child should be wanted regardless of what sex, and even better if they are healthy.
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
 Post Reply Post Reply