FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 1019>
Author
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:50pm
Bex a clean out is good for your DH - wished my dh would sort through some of his collectable toys and stuff but I know he would always regret sellig them.

I could imagine (well I actually know) what retail is like at christmas - i worked in retail before moving to the bank (which is technically retail as well) and it would be mad and the amount people would spend! I was manager of a $2 shop and amazed at how many people spent over $100 there

Sponsored Links

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 6:02pm

I got a couple of mittens, booties, bibs, some really cute overalls and a few maternity bits too.

I've been getting heartburn too, luckily it hasn't been too bad so far, but when it has been bad nothing seems to stop it.

Your Mum seems like a sweetie Anouska, must be good having her so close.

Bex, retail at xmas??!! Yuck, you'll definately be glad not to be there then.

Just spent the last couple of hours cleaning. Cleaned out the freezer in prep for getting some baking done and in there. Cleaned the bathroom and toilet, washed the bathroom ceiling and walls and mopped all the floors. I'm nakered now. DF isn't getting home till real late tonight so will have to think of somthing for dinner soon.

Wow, that was a novel - sorry guys

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 6:07pm
retail at christmas is as bad as A chef in a hotel at christmas. they both suck lol (I worked for the warehouse a couple of christmas' and rydges hotel for a few!)
Jess439 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess439 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 6:12pm
Ohhh retail at Xmas must be stressful, esp. when preggy too! I've worked in cafes, etc., around Xmas time and that was crazy enough. I will be at work right up till Xmas Eve. Then three weeks annual leave, straight into maternity leave, and back to work 1st September 2010. So about eight months to hang with Baby

Whoever posted the PP link (sorry can't remember) you rock!!!! Some really decent bargins on there. I got a bit teary looking at cute girly things hehe.

I've had HB and reflux and the reflux has been horrible. I had a really bad run of reflux for about two weeks and honestly I was ready to cry a few times! It helped a bit for me to chew my food slowly and milk and yoghurt after meals too. I have a bottle of Mylanta too for back-up.

Stuck at work wating patiently for DH to pick me up! Then off for a meal out Poor DH driving in nasty Friday Auckland traffic. Nevermind. Our teenage puppy Kruger was at the vet today, he's doing really well and got a few shots and just a general check-up. Just spoke to DH and Kruger has been sick in DH's dad's car. So he's eaten something yucky. Poor little guy! Lots of cuddles in bed for him tonight.
zeena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 6:47pm
Catching up on all those new pages just took me awhile! Congrats to all those who had good scans and found out the gender and double congrats on the twin boys Chipchi! Everyone I talk to about my pregnancy always wants to know what the gender is and then says oh you must be so happy, one of each. Although I think it is rude, I tend to ignore it. However if I had found out this one was a girl and had people telling me that I must be disappointed I think I would tell them how rude they are.

Sorry to hear some of you are having heartburn already, I had it near the end of my last pregnancy and HATED it. Actually kind of dreading the last few months - heartburn, feeling too big to do things (clumsy, etc), unable to sleep, worry about premature labour... I just wish it was all over sometimes and the baby was here already. I am really glad this is my last baby as to be honest don't really like being pregnant. The second trimester is bareable though.

So glad it is weekendnow, I am feeling really low on energy and just want to lie around a bit.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 7:32pm
grrr has anyone else had trouble with OB being super slooooow ?

Ann and hope2be you guys have been busy, i did do loads of washing and got it all dry today though.

I don't have any heartburn yet fx'd. I had really bad at the end last time .

There was something someone posted a while ago that was a funny about what people say to pregnant women will find it and post it here
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 7:33pm
Okay here it is

Dear Non-Pregnant Person,

I hope you find these guidelines helpful in your interactions with pregnant women as failing to follow them may result in serious physical harm. If you are thinking, surely she doesn't mean me- then you should probably read this twice.

1) The appropriate response to a couple telling you they are having a baby is 'Congratulations!' with enthusiasm. Any other response makes you an ass.

2) Through the wonders of science, we now know that babies are made ONLY by the mother and father- not grandparents. Unless the baby is in your uterus or you are the man that helped put it there, you may not ever use the phrase 'my baby'.

3) On the same note, unless you made the baby as defined in 2, the pregnancy, birth and raising of the child are not about you. You do not have input. No one wants to hear your opinion unless they ask for it. The same goes for the name of the baby.

4) The body of a pregnant woman should be treated the same as any other body. You would not randomly touch someone's stomach if they were not pregnant, nor would you inquire into the condition of their uterus, cervix or how they plan to use their breasts. Pregnancy does not remove all traces of privacy from a woman.

5) Likewise, no woman wants to hear comments on her weight- ever. A pregnant woman does not find it flattering that you think she is about is pop, must be having twins, looks swollen or has gained weight in her face. Telling her she looks too small only makes her worry that she is somehow starving her baby. Making such comments invite her to critique your physical appearance, and you may not act offended. The only acceptable comment on appearance is 'You look fabulous!'.

6) By the time we are 20-30 years old, most of us have picked up on the fact that the summer is hot. We are hot every summer when we are not pregnant. We don't need you to point out that we will be miserably hot before the baby comes.

7) There is a reason that tickets to L&D are not yet sold on Ticketmaster. Childbirth is actually not a public event. It may sound crazy, but some women really do not relish the idea of their mother, MIL or a host of other family members seeing their bare butt and genitals. Also, some people simply feel like the birth of their child is a private and emotional moment to be shared only by the parents. Like everything else in life, unless you receive an invitation, you are NOT invited. This includes doctor appointments, ultrasounds, labor, delivery, the hospital and the parents home. You do not decide if you will be there for the birth or if you will move in with the new parents to 'help out'. If your assistance is desired, rest assured that you will be asked for it.

9) If you are asked to help after the birth, this means you should clean up the house, help with cooking meals, and generally stay out of the way. Holding the baby more than the parents, interfering with breastfeeding and sleeping schedules and making a woman who is still leaking fluid from multiple locations lift a finger in housework is not helping.

10) The only people entitled to time with the baby are the parents. Whether they choose to have you at the hospital for the birth or ask for you to wait three weeks to visit, appreciate that you are being given the privilege of seeing their child. Complaining or showing disappointment only encourages the parents to include you less. I hope this helps- it sure makes us feel better.

zeena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 7:37pm
Brilliant misscheeky!

zeena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 7:39pm
I think I might post that on my facebook it is so good!

townie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 7:46pm
wow so much to catch up on...

firstly congrats on everyone who had scans in the last couple of days and yay yay for healthy bubbas!!!

Loved it Misscheeky - all of it so true haha.

Need to check out the PP site, I checked it out when someone put up the link ages ago and bought a top that I have already worn a lot, so will definitely be buying more.

And yea I think I have got a bit of a waddle on already too. I think my belly had doubled in size in like the last week or so - yes I know really need to get a pic up sorry guys!!

Supposedly nice weather tomorrow - yay! Will be nice to get some washing out as I was slack today and didn't do much at all.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:04pm
mmm might have to go check out the pp site

I can't take credit for the funnies it was someone from the dec thread, but so true!

Girls if you want to can you vote for Ruby , she is up for baby of the week this week here on OB (in the pic she is 10 wks old ) please

Right someoen mentioned ice-cream before must go have some now yum yum
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:12pm
Misscheeky - off to vote for her now - keep forgetting about baby of the week as before they changed the lay out of the forum the picture was always up the top so went in regularly... and thought I would put it out there - Rhyley won baby of week many moons ago Got a Ohbaby tshirt back then not sure if you get anything now

ETA: Voted

Edited by Chickaboo

townie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:14pm
misscheeky just voted for Ruby - soooo cute! Oh and she winning by a mile at this stage...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:17pm
Thanks girls !!
you are awesome
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:22pm

Will go vote soon. 

Finally managed to load a belly pic on Facebook - so here I am at 20 weeks. Will try to do another one soon, I've popped out heaps since then.

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:25pm
Have voted for Ruby - what a cutie
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:51pm
Evening,

Wow this site is really slow and there's so many pages to catch up on!

A big yay to all that have had their scans and have happy healthy bubbas - and woohoo for the wee boys and girls that played fair and let their mummies know what flavour they are.

I've been feeling bubs heaps lately. The flutters have turned into definite little kicks - mostly when I'm sitting hunched or slouching and I don't think bub likes it when I do that LOL

When one of you clever ladies next update the list, can you please add my scan dates:

TrudandEm 11th September (Anatomy Scan)
TrudandEm 20th October (Uterine Artery & Growth Scan)

Thanks

Have a good night everyone.

Missed MC July 2011
Chipchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:52pm

Congrats on the little boy MrsEmma.   

Congrats on the little girls MissR and Jess. 

Dezee - glad scan was all good. 

Thanks for your coments everyone.  Loved your post above Misscheeky and have voted for Ruby, what a cutie.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I can relax now as I have found my boys childcare for Tuesday mornings whilst I go up to the hospital.  One thing less to stress about.

monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:19pm
I haven't been on here much the last few days so I had 5 or 6 pages to catch up on! Now I can't remember who to congratulate on what So a BIG congratulations to all that had healthy scans! I can't believe there are so many boys! There must be some girls hiding in those who haven't found out!

I am so exhausted come Fridays. Should really pull back some hours but just don't find the time to be able to! Plus have had someone on my team on holiday for ages now so covering their job and mine

Just worked out I have exactly 16 weeks of work left wohoo! When you put it like that, it is not much at all - but that also means only 16 pays left!

Friends are picking me up in the morning and we are going to Albany to pick up the bookcase I bought from Giddy Giraffe. Am going to see the rest of their furniture and will buy a dresser & toybox if it all looks as good as the website. They have gorgeous stuff! www.giddygiraffe.com if you want to check them out.

Italiah - I discovered that PP site before I fell pregnant and look at it all the time, it is very dangerous! The day I had my scan I bought a few boy things, was very reserved though, only spent $40

Mmm icecream misscheeky - I had a jellytip trumpet before - heaven!!

Edited by monkey33
LILLIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:24pm
wow lots to catch up on today.

thanks for the pp website again Italiah - I am on there now having a nosy as DP is out fishing and Toni is at her dads for the weekend.
We are off to waiheke for the night tomorrow as there is a jazz and blues festival on. DP splashed out on a nice hotel room for us which I am looking forward too :)

Been getting heaps of movements today which has been nice apart from the odd kick which feels like it is directly into my bladder

anyway better go and finish on the pp site and get to bed. Hope you all have a great weekends

Oh and congrats on the scans :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 1019>