FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedElevit - so upsetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:02pm

Whats the actual reason you have to go on elevit? Did I miss that somewhere. I don't think you HAVE to go on a multi vitamin for anything if its one thing that is low wouldn't it be easier to prescribe for that particular thing?

If your on the folic acid already and having a decent diet then well you shouldnt really need to be on anything at all

Sponsored Links

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:35pm
im hardly keeping any food down atm. Of course im not sure how im gonna keep pills down either since everything come back up. They want me on it until i can start keeping food down again.

My midwife rung back and said that since ive had problems with other tablets she recommends that i try the elevit. So will be getting me 30 of them to try
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 9:01pm
I could not keep a single thing down either. On one hand I lost alot of weight (that I could afford to lose) but onthe other, well it sucks beign sooo sick. My midwife reccomended I drink Mizone the clear vitamin one. I found that good.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 10:10pm
Like you I had problems keeping food down, and it wasn't until I stopped throwing up 3 - 4 times a day that I could actually manage taking a multi-vit tablet. (I took elevit the first time around, but not until 16 weeks, and just a multi this time around). Some people find the folic acid can make them worse, and I cut that out because it was recommended when I run my backup MW feeling really really bad.

Work/eat/drink whatever you can, and hopefully you will start to feel better soon - and maybe find a multi that works

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:47pm
Thanks for all the ideas ladies. I really appreciate all your support. I ended up in hospital again last night - apparently my keytones were showing that i was close to starving. I dont have a lot of extra weight that i can afford to lose atm. Am on rehydration fluid stuff (tastes disgusting) once i finish that i might try mizone as itl probably taste better. The dr also suggested i try porridge as its really hard to vomit. Just taking each day as it comes atm and trying to think positively about he fact that i get another gorgeous baby at the end. Thanks again for the help
LadyLizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:57pm
Angel-

Hubbards do an instant porridge sachet thing in a couple of flavours that are really yummy. Not that cheap, but I think countdown had them on offer yesterday, and thats why we got some.
I put banana in mine- very nutritious!

If you PM me your address, I can send you some Elevit tabs, then with the 30 the MW gives you you will nearly be OK for your 1st trimester.

Have you tried looking on TM? Sometimes people sell their leftovers, someone on here was doing that a few weeks ago.

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 4:13pm
Ohhh yeah, I remember porridge. I used to buythe uncle Tobys apple sultana honey and pop some greek yog on the top. And then drink mizone all day. I also found seabands sort of helped. I pressed them into my wrists when I felt sick. And I got accupuncture, that helped bit as well.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 6:19pm
hmmm i was told that elevit can make u sicker and the pill are huge i too had HG and couldn't keep a thing down till nearly 20 wks i'm pretty sure folic acid can make u feel worse but don't quote me.

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:52pm
I think all of the pregnancy vits are huge. I found the elevit ones easier to swallow when I was felling yuck.
I hope you feel better soon Angel4, it's such a horrible feeling, I can only imagine.
I found the sea bands sort of helped too.
*anti-nausia vibes*
LadyLizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 8:39pm
Angel, I posted those tabs to you today.

They should be with you soon.

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 8:49pm
oh my gosh - thank you so much
feiyi150101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feiyi150101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 3:11pm
just randomly came across this post-
i get my elevit (and all my friends..) from netpharmacy.co.nz
$40 for 30 tabs that's very expensive..
you should have considered online shopping:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12