FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 898>
Author
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:38am
Yay Milly that so exciting!!! Are you going for another scan soon Tray? I'm gonna book our scan today, I'm thinking the end of the month so we're around the 10 week mark.
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:02am
tastic i would be so mad...sometimes men don't think!!

re the breakouts i had them with Ethan and he's a boy.. :) and have them this time too but not too bad..

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it wasn't swine flu at E's school!:)

milly glad it went well!!!:) they prob wont change dates much at 12 weeks..they may do but a week either side they dont seem to care about.though its important to us and by 12 weeks there is a bigger margin on the dates anyway:)

babe so you get one at 10 and 12 weeks?:) awesome..i soooo want another before 12 weeks!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:22am
No we aren't doing the nuchal which is the 12 week scan.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:26am
ah ok..sorry i forget who does and who doesn't I'm not worried about the NT part of it I just like having the scan:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:26am
so do they just call it a dating scan at 10 weeks?
Mum to two amazing boys!
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:29am
Hey Babe, yeah the cooking part doesn't sound to appealing at the mo

You are right home ownership is hard, we have had a mortgage for the last 6 years, so have enjoyed the break of not having one for the last 4 months, but now I just really need to be in my own house again, IYKWIM.
We built the last house & went so over budget with all the hidden extras (they don't tell you about that) then the recession hit & DH lost 1/3 of his income & we had to sell as it was getting to much for us financially.
So now we are living with his parents & as much as we enjoy the no mortgage, I really miss my own space.

Millyz, glad to hear your scan went well
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 10:05am
The hidden costs of houses are the killer you're right. We were lucky we brought a real real budget doer-upper lol our mortgage payments per week are only $280 which is what a rental house would cost. We could afford that even if DP got laid off.

KA I'm not sure what they call the different scans I don't really need the dating scan lol I just want to see baby after our previous mcs! I would like as many scans as possible too but I don't actually NEED the NT scan and there are other people out there that do so I guess we decided to do our little bit for the health budget. It seems silly I guess but I think the more people who take responsibility for their own health and also think about the longer-term effects on NZ as a whole (so don't do stuff just coz they can) the more of a difference it'll make or our healthcare system. Possibly controversial but also true. I'm not being pointed BTW I think each to their own, I was just sharing my thoughts

Well I'm heading into town to have lunch with my little bro so have a great day and I'll see y'all this afternoon!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 10:54am
yeah i worded it badly i mean what is your mw using to get you one..:) like mine had to use AP as a code as dating wasnt an issue and she didn't want to put the TA one..

I'm not offended but I don't see the difference in one at week 10 and the NT one :)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 11:04am
probably be online today but not after that for a few days moving and packing and stuff.. so have a nice few days and weekend all!
Mum to two amazing boys!
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 11:11am
My midwife wants me to get a scan at 10 weeks to check for multiples and another at 12 weeks to do the NT.
She has ticked the box for "dating prior to NT" as the reason for the 10 week scan. She said that the 12 week NT scan is very time critical so if they have their dates wrong before that (eg, no dating scan done) then the results of the NT won't be right.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 11:16am
I had the code HR on my one
all the best with your move KA :)
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 12:18pm
My one the Dr just wrote dating scan query LMP and the two dates of my last two cycles because of the + HPTs I got before af last month.

I now think it was faulty HPTs or evap lines rather than a chem preg but I guess I will never know.

Angel March 2011
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 12:28pm
what does Hr mean? I guess she couldnt do dating prior to Nt cause it was so early for me.. we were going to wait till 8 weeks and i would have without the issues..

gonnabeamum- true but Nt has a almost two week range but i guess with a lot of people they are up to that far out..:) 4 weeks till Nt yah!:) thanks Tastic....how are you feeling?

my doc could write dating scan but my mw (both this one and last one didnt have that option) how weird!!:)

oh well.. thanks for clarifying everyone:)

Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 12:31pm
I'm so much more relaxed now I have told people...:) ! have you all told people yet?
Mum to two amazing boys!
jaybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 1:02pm
I won't be having a scan till 12 weeks. My midwife and I are into as little intervention as possible as I've never miscarried (touch wood) and I'm sure of my dates, but because I'm 34 I do have the option of the 12 week one.

I never had the 12 week with my first baby, but did with my second.
So only had the one 20 week scan with DS1 and that was a loooong time to wait!

DS 20/11/05
DS 30/06/08

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 1:06pm
gosh yeah that is ages eh:)

I guess it's like everything it's a personal decision based on beliefs and thoughts.. I personally need as many as i can for piece of mind.. I think the missed mc made me depressed and really changed my outlook.. though i still only normally have 6 12 and 20 though ended up with 9 cause of spotting last time. Also because of my brother's disease I like every indication that everything is going ok..

but I'd love to be able to wait that long...:) and not worry! but the first time i found out 4 and a bit weeks after and still had had no spotting and no nothing I couldn't imagine finding out cause i got sick or at 20 weeks:(!
Mum to two amazing boys!
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 2:22pm

I have only told my bestie so far and my coffee group this morning cause they are ll being a pain about what days suit for meets and stuff. Honestly even not being UTD friday afternoons are so tiring.

My son is screeching, mumumumumum from his cot cause he doesn't want to have an afternon sleep today. Argh.

I'm not sure about scans, I think I'll just have a 20 week one. Just for piece of mind.

My tummy is so odd today. Like I already feel 20 weeks and I can hardly move. I have to sit up straight in a chair, cant slouch or lie on my back.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 2:43pm
I don't know much about the whole scan thing. when to have one etc...
I suppose I don't really have to worry about it though coz ob will do one whenever he feels the need.
My mum used the same ob when she had my little brother 12 years ago & she had a scan everytime she went to see him, she was 45 though & had a previous still born at 26 weeks, so that could be why????
I don't think I could wait till 20 weeks though....it is soooooo far away.
You gals have willpower thats for sure
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 3:40pm

Theres a girl in the family (my FIL cousins daughter), who couldn't have scans cause the radiation caused her serious problems. Her first was born with a growing disability and is 3 and the size of a 5 yr old, she lost both her 2nd and 3rd babies at 20 weeks like within hour of both scans, and shes nearly about to give birth to her 4th and she hasn't had any scans. 

And any way I had 3 scans with Ryan. It's cool seeing them but I can wait. I'm not finding out the se so that was the man reasin for 20 weeks scan. 

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

jaybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 3:58pm
The 20 week one is the only compulsory one. Well, you don't have to have it if you don't want to of course, but that's when they check out everything for abnormalities (anatomy scan) so all the baby's external and internal organs are checked to make sure it's all looking ok and healthy.
DS 20/11/05
DS 30/06/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 898>