FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 898>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:26pm
babe please dont take offense but I always think it's really selfish if they don't want to be at the birth.. they put you there and you go through the whole nine months the least they can do is be there..they don't have to be at the business end...!:) My Dh wasnt into pregnancy but he was champing at the bit to be at the birth but when i asked him to look when we eventually had the c section he wouldnt....lol and those first bonding moments with Ethan while i was being sewn up really made him totally fall for our little guy!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

Kats1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kats1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:30pm
Hi Wow what alot to catch up on. All the best to those going through a scary or rough time at the moment.

I have been really slack with everything lately the ms has just been terrible all day and night. Has anyone tried accupuncture? I'm such a wuss when it comes to needles but if it helps???
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Four_eyes Four_eyes wrote:

bobbie though said her doctor friend told her if you are sicker the second time then it's generally a different sex.. at least i think it was bobbie so interesting to see if she's right:)

*lurking in*

I was sicker second time around so crossing fingers for you.

Babe, haven't been to look for the other band yet. Did one help?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:55pm
you mean sea bands?

I don't mind another boy.. i love having a boy i do wonder if girls a re a little quieter though:) i think it's genetic maybe though as to why hes so boisterous:) I decided to hell with it I need support if i miscarry so put this pic on facebook:)

Mum to two amazing boys!
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:01pm
Hi ladies, I think I have found a cure for morning sickness!!! Healtheries ginger and lemon tea you are only meant to have 1 cup per day, but so far so good (touch wood).

I think Im now at the stage ill give anything a go after vomiting 3 mornings in a row

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:06pm
Yep lol I could only find one for Babe when she stopped past to wee the other day

Ummm no girls are definitely not quieter! Maybe it's first child syndrome?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:09pm
maybe:) all i wanted him to do was walk and say mum and now muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum is not the novelty it once was:) I love him so much but boy is he tiring:)! hehe at least he's starting to listen and follow instructions!:) maybe it's the feb thing as this bub due same time as well?:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:21pm
Hey Kel yeah its made indentations coz I've been pressing on itso much lol thanks hun!!! Hope Missy is doing well

I tried acupuncture with number 1 but because I had hyperemesis it did jack. I'm abit of a needle-phob too but I found it was totally comfy was thinking of giving it another go this time round to see what happened so whichever one of us gets up the nerve first can post feedback

Na sucky hope you're feeling better soon!

LMAO Christy was that speechless horror at the thought of another one???

KA I understand where you're coming from and I really wanted him at the birth but TBH I don't agree that its selfish. He's doing everything he can to lighten the load on me and will continue to do that after baby's here. I think giving him space to develop his own loving, supportive role in this pregnancy is the best route. Men never used to be at the birth so if we get to that point and he still wants to walk the corridor I'll be sweet with that. He didn't 'put me here' we agreed to try for another baby and hes doing his absolute best to share the load - helping out with Jake, doing the baking, dishes, vacuuming, washing and so on.
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:24pm
LMAO yeah Kel I was so happy to see your loo!!! I gotta pee so much these days!!!
Jennylg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennylg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:32pm
ohhh i find that quite interesting that the different sickness levels in pregnancy could mean a different sex, with my boy I had MS EVERY morning for the first trimester and so far with this pregnancy I havent had any ooohh exciting could be a little girl

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:33pm
Four eyes (do you have another name?) there must be something in the air because we told the kids today that I am pregnant, just didn't see the point in keeping it secret from them although they are sworn to secrecy till we get to 12 weeks.

Em I have been drinking that too, didnt realise you were only supposed to have one cup a day, I have had 3 today

I have found one of the things that make my MS worse - Orange juice. I have orange juice every morning but we ran out on Sat which was the last day I had MS. Brought some more today and within 20 mins of drinking some my MS was back

Angel March 2011
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:38pm

HIya, Doc rang this morning with my blood results and am definately UTD, which I pretty much new anyway. She also said soemthing about hcg levels and I have to have another test next week. She's an indian lady and it was hard to understand her over the phone.  But hopefully all is ok. FX!!!

Hope all you sicky's get better soon. Mr 1 over here has a grotty cold snot everywhere. YUK!!

Almost felt the nausea this morning, thought maybe I'd throw up but didn't.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:42pm
Thanks for the replies, unfort it is bright red though but it has eased a wee bit this afternoon thank goodness, and sorry TMI it is only when I got to the loo and nothing in between.

Am still having the odd bout of m/s and have major sore boobs so hoping all is OK, I guess time will tell with my next BT on Friday.
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
zcm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 8:49pm
scaredycat - I've had some spotting at 5 weeks and again at 8 weeks, also bright red, but its only been once both times and only on loo paper and then its gone (hopefully that makes sense I'm half asleep).

Congrats sarahbetha

Cute photo KA!

Just checking in before bed, I'm finally doing my GTT tomorrow morning so now I can't eat anything til around 10.30 tomorrow morning. I'm gonna be hungry!
Mum to two boys and
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 9:05pm
jenny- wives tales say more sick for a girl:) but yeah if it is true then maybe a girl for you:)

babe-fair enough.. each to their own.. re the seabands i tried them lat week made me worse had them yesterday brilliant so maybe might wear them more often:)

tray- It's Kerri-Anne (Ka for short) i just had three glasses of orange juice seems to work for me:)

sarah-awesome:) scaredycat...50% of bleeding turns out ok... at least with the results you know everythings going ok atm.. ginger had a lot of blood and her bub is fine..and i think trudandem did too?

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 9:16pm
*lurking*

yep that's right I had lots of bleeding in the first 16 weeks with my pregnancy with Emily. Scary stuff especially when it got really heavy. It was unexplained and not coming from the pregnancy all, and all turned out okay. My fingers are crossed for you scaredycat that it's just a bit of harmless bleeding. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it.

Odd thing is, 9w and 3d into this pregnancy - nothing at all!! Not that I'm complaining - just hope it stays that way.

Four-eyes I'm stalking you LOL. Just checking in to see how you're doing

Missed MC July 2011
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:26am
hehe thanks i think....I feel like everything will go well so just hoping really:) damn the mc's taking away my early pregnancy happiness!!!!!!!!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:36am
Hey everyone, I am still alive - JUST!
not only have I got this awful bronchitis but I have a cold too so I can't breath through my nose and man is my throat sore
on top of me being sick Aidan has a cold and yet another ear infection
Hubby's got a cold and spent most his time in bed leaving me with the kids (although he did let me lay down for a couple of hours yesterday)
and poor Baileys come down sick, he has a fever and has been vomiting since the moment he woke from his nap in the afternoon yesterday

still no Morning sickness, I'm taking those two days as a lead up to the bronchitis. So am pretty happy there, and yay for me being 8 weeks today!
back on when my heads not pounding - only got a very broken 2 hours sleep last night thanks to hubby

Edited by Tastic
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:49am
that's really mean of the hubby:( how frustrating:( hope you feel better soon(yah for being 8 weeks though!)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:11am
Hey Trish sorry to hear y'all are so yucky! LOL at your DH - men always think they're so much sicker than they are!! My DP got a touch of the flu (the absolute slightest touch) and spent 2 days in bed then decided he couldn't take anymore days off work so left me spewing my guts on the couch with ms and a toddler with suspected swine flu!!

KA yeah I think all of us who have had miscarriages have had early preg concerns. I just think talking about it all the time is abit depressing and I don't see the point in jinxing myself. You've only got 4&1/2 weeks til you're out of the first trimester so yay over halfway there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 898>