FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 898>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:07pm
lizzy so many people havent understood about the shirt i was like really....how can you not get it:) hehe

lizzy- I'm wayyyyyyyyy sicker..that's not fair:)! i do think running round after another one makes a huge difference!i did a whole lot of nothing last time with Ethan:)

I'm freezing all the time...wish i got warmer:)

limo yeah there isnt any proof of it..:) i was just teasing:) so hard all by yourself alanismum!

na- i wish i wasnt so anal about food or i would go out adn get some too...lol:) yummmm (and i dont normally like them:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:14pm
Mmmm we had corned beef with mustard sauce for tea.

Just watching shorters and then its bath and bed for me, I feel

I'm not sleeping as well as I normally do either and waking at least once a night.

Angel March 2011
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:14pm
Hehehehe, KA I don't normally like them either. I hate corn chips & beans, so I guess "The baby wants them"...lol.
I think I really want the melted cheese & sour cream...do you think that would be tasty on toast or a pizza base?????

Honestly the baby wants it, lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:22pm
I reckon melted cheese and sourcream on a tortilla would do the trick ;)

Like a tortilla pizza, they are yummo

Angel March 2011
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:23pm
I might get this t shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com/maternity.133141280
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:23pm
LOL oh the joys Na!! We live in a tiny hick town where the takeaway option is the fish and chip shop OR the other fish and chip shop and a pub meal at one of the many pubs in town is gourmet! And of course having a little man and his routine generally means dinners out have to be planned and early.

Speaking of my little man hes so cute! His bio dad stopped in unexpectedly with a Cars blackboard/whiteboard which was awesome coz te wiggles and Cars are Jakes fave dvds and hes spent time with me and DP (daddy ) drawing and scribbling and he got a pile of jigsaws from DPs family and us so they were spread across the lounge. Him and daddy read his new book about trucks too. Hes had a late night tonight just enjoying a family evening its been lovely. It would have been perfect if I hadn't regularly interrupted playtime to spew my guts
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:24pm
LMAO oh yeah I love that tshirt!! Mmm Tray you got me going now I'm having mean dairy needs atm!!
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:28pm
It's times like this that I am grateful to be in a big city, where any type of food is easily within reach, but now that you mention it, YUM!!!! fish & chips

That sounds so awesome about your little dudes birthday Babe, pressies are cool. I hope he has had a good day.
Shame about the taking time out to spew though, isn't it just such an inconvenience
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:30pm
Tray, your suggestion sounds perfect, where do I get one of those??????
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:36pm
LOL I am so jealous atm!!! Yeah no foodie cravings get instant satisfaction but I guess that saves on the money side of things - doesn't help my mood though!! We have a supermarket for a pantry though since I stock up everything I need to make pretty much anything!! Its abit rough being so self-sufficient atm though. I made handsoap today which is easy coz I chuck it all in the blender but the shea butter def made my tum turn. The one thing I've def had to give up is breadmaking. The kneading hurts my stomach muscles too much!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 7:52pm
na- of course..whatever baby wants ;) love the shirt:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 8:14pm
You guys got me wanting fish and chips now! And it's not fair cos ours is closed for three months while the owners go to Greece. Did they not think that the twins might need some good old fish and chip sustenance while they're away?
Sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 8:17pm
Oh, and love the tshirt Na. The way I'm feeling at the moment I could probably get one of all of them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 8:47pm
You have to make it yourself.

Get tortillas, put sauce on it if you want and any toppings eg onion, bacon garlic sour cream cheese and fan bake (if you have it) for about 8 minutes

I make them all the time and change the toppings, my fav so far is hickory sauce on the tortilla rather than pizza sauce and then cheese, onion, garlic on top and top off with sweet thai chilli sauce and a dop of sour cream or cream cheese

Angel March 2011
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:22pm
Ahhhhh, feel very satisfied after my nacho's, they were just the ticket
Tray I am so gunna make that soon as I get a chnace, it sounds devine, if i wasn't so full I would prob make one now, lol.

Sassy, I can't beleive those F & C shop owners didn't stop to think the twins might need some, thats kinda rude if you ask me
I know what you mean about the shirts, I saw the cupcake one & was like I need that one too (the baby was craving cupcakes the other day )

Babe, can I come & live with you??? it sounds awesome having a supermarket pantry.
I unfortunately have to eat what my mother inlaw cooks until we get a place of our own, so my cravings mostly go unsatisfied.

It really sucks wanting a house so badly, but not having one, it makes me just want to go out & buy anything for the sake of it, IYKWIM.
Luckily DH is more rational than I am at the mo, lol.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 10:39pm
I had a huge craving for bananas last week so brought a huge bunch - cost me flippen $6! and I haven't eaten one since!
Ive gone of dairy the last few days I don't know if its because with bronchitis it produces extra mucus but I feel so 'blocked up' and awful even after one cup of tea
which is a change from the boys when I was having up to 1x 2 litre bottle per day!
also I'm craving lots of savoury foods atm with the boys sweet.
I hope this means its a wee girl

Can someone tell me or point me in the right direction of where to look... Breakouts/pimples. not big ones but lots of little ones over my back, chest and neck. Ive been told that this happens when you have a girl and your body has to produce extra female hormones to cover? is this true?
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Tauris75 Tauris75 wrote:

I'm grumpy too, my worse time is from when the kids get home from school till they go to bed, I think it has to do with having to do things for them and not being able to just relax.

I am trying my best not to snap, which is not being helped by this cold
Ive been like that the last couple of days, more so today! I told hubby that its not all about him and does he forget that I'm pregnant, got a cold and brocitis
he didn't like that very much!
I mean he has spent 99% of the day today in bed! Ive had to look after the boys cook dinner, everything!
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:19am

1st Feb
Limochick - Alicia - 28, Hamilton - Finding out sex!
Lollies - Amanda -28-Auckland - Dates To Be Confirmed-Finding out sex!
Xander&Harmony- Becs - Palmerston North

2nd Feb
em26 - Emma - 27, Auckland -Finding out sex!

3rd Feb
HarrysMum

10th Feb
Sassy - Clare - 23, Wellington - TWINS! Finding out sex!
Sarahlou - Finding out sex!
Tastic - Trish - 28, Christchurch - Finding out sex!

12th Feb
Crafty1

14th Feb
Four_Eyes - KA - 32, Christchurch - Hoping DH changes his mind about finding out sex!
Jaybee - 34 - Its gonna be a surprise
Kats1 - Kathryn - 29, Auckland - Probably finding out sex!

15th Feb
Alanismum - 40, Wellington - Finding out sex!

16th Feb
LittleFlower - 30, West Auckland - Finding out sex!
eccentricity- Finding out sex!

17th Feb
Lisette - 25, Tauranga - dad wants to find out the sex, but i'm not sure!!

18th Feb
Tauris75 - Tray - 34, Napier - Finding out sex!
Millyz - Amanda- 32, Wellington - Finding out sex!

19th Feb
Na_#1 - Danelle - 27, Auckland - Finding out sex!
Loobyloo - 29, Auckland, dad wants to find out sex, I'm not sure!

20th Feb
GonnaBeAMum - Finding out sex!

24th Feb
LizzyJ - Liz - 33, Wellington - Finding out sex!
Babe - Bridie - 24, Shannon - Finding out sex!

27th Feb
ScaredyCat - 35, Katikati - Its gonna be a surprise!

28th Feb
Sarahbetha - Sarah - 22, Hamilton - Its gonna be a surprise!

Sarahlou - 8 week scan - Thursday 2 July
Na_#1 - Dating Scan - Wednesday 8 July
Babe - Dating Scan - Anytime after 15 July TBC
Limochick - 12 wk scan - 24 July
Sassy - NT scan - 29 July

Morning all! Wow lots of talk about food last night, mmmm I love food My thing at the moment is I have to have a cheese sandwich when I get home from work - makes me feel heaps less seedy.

So I had my scan last night - I'd kept it a bit quiet as I was a little nervous about it. However all is good, there's definitely a baby in there (just one!) and we could see the wee heart flickering away, so cute! My dates have changed and I've lost 4 days which I thought might happen as I cheated with my dates anyway and went with what the doctor had said, not my long cycle. Anyway, have updated my due date above so we're now due date buddies Tray!

Gosh that was a novel, sorry about that!!

Edited by Millyz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:29am
Yay, Due date buddies, but I have a feeling mine will drop back about 5 days when I have my 12 week scan as I Oved on day 18 not the generic day 14 which I think is why when I went for my scan they could only see the yolk sac rather than a foetus as I was probably only 5 weeks 2 days not 6 weeks if that makes sense.

But at this stage I am sticking to my dates

Angel March 2011
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:35am
Can't help you bout the breakout thing sorry Tastic but hope you're having a girl
Tell DP to get out of bed and help!! Fortacold tablets (3x3xdaily) will have him over his cold by tomorrow and I think they're safe for preg too.

Na having the ingredients to make anything you want is fine but when you feel sick and hungry and want something NOW its not quite so satisfying lol I think though I'd rather havta make what I want from scratch that have someone else in charge of meals!!! When are you guys moving d'u know?? Its nice owning our own home but it def pays to be really onto it and organised with stuff. Finances are so important especially thinking ahead and making sure you're putting $$ aside for the rates every week, doing evenpay on your bills (always add abit extra so you get ahead!), making sure you always have the basics in the cupboard - for example I always have copious amounts of flour, sugar, salt, yeast, eggs, butter, oats, oil and milk powder. With those ingredients I can make anything from pasta to bread to dumplings to rolls to biscuits to quiches to pita bread to pastry for pies and desserts and so on. You've always go something for breakfast (porridge) and if you're so inclined you can then spend your shopping budget only on veges, meat and herbs & spices (very important). We were doing that for ages. Add vinegar, baking soda and apple cider vinegar and you have all you need for cleaners round the house bahaha sorry I kinda got on a roll! Its not so easy to do all that baking and stuff when you're pregnant and sick but its def still doable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 898>