FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother Auckland meetup?? LF? Weegee?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Auckland meetup?? LF? Weegee?
    Posted: 28 July 2009 at 10:36am
I think it was sometime in January, Lilfatty and Weegee did a fantastic job at organising a couple of these. The first one was somewhere by One Tree Hill and it was great to meet lots of OB people.
We must be due for another one of these. Anyone keen???

I finally have a baby to bring along lol
Sponsored Links

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 12:01pm
Oooh I agree!! Although with the current weather patterns, OTH might not work so much lol!! Is there a chipmunks or lollipops in central auckland anywhere?

We might even be able to do a auckland june babies photo shoot hehe
Brandon - 05/12/2003

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 1:13pm

Lollipops in Ellerslie is really good...and nice and central for a meet up.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:11pm
Sure the fatty clan would be in
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:51pm
lol always a little scary seeing your 'name' in a thread title Good thinking though! I was going to say it's August this weekend, by the time we get our act together it will be spring, and Cornwall Park is always lovely in the spring - lambs and daffodils galore. So that's an option... but Lisa's right, bound to be inclement weather.

Sam, Lollipops sounds like a great idea - do you know if it costs if your little one is too small to play?

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 6:26pm
Lol, sorry to scare you Weegee.
I think an indoor one sounds great!
So.... maybe Lollipops in Ellerslie? Any other suggestions? When would people like to have it? OMG, I can't believe its going to be August this weekend!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 6:27pm
From memory, under 1's (or mabe its 2 years?) are free, as are the parents, but they overcharge immensely on food to make up for that!!

Sounds good to me though, anyone have an idea for dates??
Brandon - 05/12/2003

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 6:29pm
I'm in!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 7:17pm
I'm in too - depending on when

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 8:38pm

We would be keen, depending on when. Under 12mths are free, they have a great playland there, Oli loves it. Lollipops

BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 8:35pm
I am keen too!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:07am
Will it be another weekend event, or during the week? I'm not worried either way, but it might help narrow down dates?
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Huggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:25am
i'm keen!
KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:56am
I'd be interested....

Doesn't Lollipops charge for adults though? I'm fairly certain they did last time I was there. I was there with my then-18 month old and she was too short to climb the toddler equipment.... so I had to lift her up every time.... again... and again.... all while 36 weeks pregnant. Not my fondest memory unfortunately...

There is a Chipmunks in Mt Roskill too, it's my preference over Lollipops (in general that is, not just for meetups lol). Adults are free, under 3's are $5 and Over 3's are $7. Plus they have some comfy couches too, and heaps of tables, and a secure (fenced) Under 3's play area which my 16 month old has very little trouble navigating independently.

Guess it boils down to how hands-on you want to be in helping your child play?
Margo
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:14am
Hey big congrats Margo!

Prices from the lollipops website (weekend prices so working mummies can come along):
2 – 11 years $12.00
12 – 23 months $8.00
under 12 months Free
Adults Free

So yeah Chipmunks is cheaper (assuming those prices are the same on the weekend, their website's down at the mo), just not as central (not that it bothers me personally, it's 45 mins away either way). I've never been to either place

eta - are under 12 months free at chipmunks too?

Edited by weegee

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:43am
lollipops are free for adults and under 1's too.. weekend prices are $8 for 12-23mths old and $12 for 2-11 yr olds. lollipops ellerslie has a fenced area for younger kids too. last time i was at the mt roskill chipmunks i found it rather dirty and dingy, maybe they have imporved it somewhat tho as it has been at least a year!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:44am
oh wow - margo number three!! woohoo congrats.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 1:55pm

Yeah, we have been to the Chipmunks in Mt Roskill a few times, and its not that great for little ones (ie toddlers), Lollipops seems much better. I have also thought how grubby Chipmunks is, I once found broken glass on the floor in the babies area. (Oh and they are really strict about the kids wearing socks) - and will make you BUY them if your child doesnt have any.

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 4:03pm
Parking can also be a pain in Mt Roskill, whereas there's plenty at Ellerslie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 8:57pm
Sounds like Lollipops in Ellerslie may be the winner?
Anyone want to suggest dates that are good for them? I'm easy and think weekends are good cause then those who have work or other weekday commitments will be able to come too.
If you think Aucklanders in other threads you frequent might be keen to come along, please mention it to them. The more the merrier!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>