FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 533>
Author
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:00pm

Lulu. Hope you have some support where you are. It must be so hard being so far being so far from home at a time like this. And so sucky that the wonam at your scan didn't let you know what was going on.ust have been a horrible wait.

Sponsored Links

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:11pm

Had midwife appt yesterday. All was good. Have only put on a kilo (well according to her scales anyway  lol), blood pressure was ok since I have had a shocking few days at work. She didn't try for the heartbeat as said it was too unreliable at this stage. A bit disappointed but the next appt will come around quickly. Haven't gone for a walk the last 2 nights as the weather has been foul. Bring on summer!

cealz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cealz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:18pm
Lulu. It must be so hard being away from home.

Agree everyone with toddlers. I feel like poor Ruby is neglected. When I get home from work I am half dead and just want to lie on the couch. She has just started throwing wee tantrums too which is making it more tiring.

Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:53pm
I am so so sorry, Lulu.
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:25am
Can someone please change my due date to 13 April (as luck would have it exactly one day before I have been at my job for a year!)
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:57am
Awesome news on scans and midwifes girls..
Love the picture

Thinking of you Lulu

Kathryn - i got on like a house on fire with her.. DH reckons she loved me - cause i was easy going LOL
How did it go last night??
Going to see her next Tuesday
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 9:19am
I went to midwife last night and it was more uneventful than the first appointment. She said they cant listen to heartbeat until after 12 weeks, so wont hear that until next time which was disappointing. Got form for next scan which I have booked for Friday week. Yes, Penelope is lovely, very easy to get on with! Do you know she has 5 sons, poor lady! haha. At least your DH has met her, mine has been working late both times I have been to see her but at least he will be at the next scan and was at the first one. I took my daughter with me last night so it was disappointing she couldnt hear the heart beat. Oh well, next time hey! Was stoked I had not put on any weight though! Gym and running must still be paying off considering the amount of times I have had "hot chips" in the past few months! haha

Edited by Kathryn71
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 9:36am
Good to hear.. All good yeah she said to me she might not be able to hear the heart beat before 12 weeks..
YAY for scan on Friday..

I just wanted DH to meet her 1st off and then down the track he cant go - ahhh i dont like her.. So that is the main reason.. Not sure if we will come to the next one i am sure he will but he said he will be at all the scans so that helps

YAY for putting on no weight - i think i should be the same hopefully - no what you mean about the hot chips mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:02am
Have you booked into ante natal yet O'Hanlon? I know the Parents Centre at Highland Park are having sessions but they have not set the dates for next year. I was offered a course in November but that is far too early. They said they are doing another one some time in Febr but didnt know exact dates yet. If you know of another place to do them near Howick/Pakuranga, let me know.
Thanks
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:22am
Yip i have booked mine.. There were already a few booked

Did Penelope not give you any info on them???

I start mine on the 9th Feb next year - go for 4 tuesday nights 6.30pm till 8.30pm i think

Up in the Howick maybe by the library i think

I have the info at home and the number to ring if you like... Can PM you tomorrow
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:26am
I forgot to ask her, cause at the original first appointment I said I didnt want to do them but have changed my mind. If you could give me the info that would be great. thanks O'hanlon!
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:52am
No prob will find it tonight and PM ya tomorrow (providing baby brain does not forget LOL)
KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 11:06am
Hi all...

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately... between the fatigue and running after my two tornados... it's been pretty full-on. Though thankfully Zamara is at preschool 3 days a week now so on some days I can have a nap when Kate does

Had my 12w scan on Tuesday. Saw a lovely little heart beating and bubs was measuring 12w5d ... so between 'my' dates and LMP dates. I don't think we're officially moving the EDD though, it's close enough.

Anyway, the sonographer said she "wasn't completely happy with the neck measurement" so she referred the films to the senior radiologist... who then called me into her office to say that the nuchal measurement is very high (11mm) which gives me a 1:4 chance of a baby with a choromosome disorder. She said she doesn't think it's Downs but something more serious, and suspects Turner Syndrome. In any case she said to be prepared that this pregnancy probably wouldn't go full term, and it's likely my bubs will die in utero. I'm being referred to the hospital for another scan and more in depth testing (CVS or amnio) to see what exactly is wrong. Midwife went over the report with me (on the phone) and said that there's actually several very serious things wrong with baby as well as the nuchal measurement, so not to get my hopes up because as well as the adjusted choromosome risk there's several other things to contend with, including the fact that part of the stomach looks to be outside the body.

Soooo.... right now we're playing the waiting game, as we don't officially *know* anything (everything they've said now is an educated guess) and we won't even get a second opinion until Monday at the earliest.... and of course results from further tests will take longer still.

I've had a previous MC before, and it totally sucks, but I figured my body knew what it was doing and shedding a baby that wouldn't live.   To be still growing a baby that to a layperson looks to be doing fine (strong heartbeat, moving heaps, etc) and still won't live is really a mind trip. I'm pregnant but grieving at the same time, and just in total uncertainty.
Margo
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 11:31am
OMG Kiwiwonder that is so distressing. Im so sorry. Its is just so scary what goes on inside our bodies without us knowing a thing. I just hope for your sake it is sorted out sooner than later as it must be a really stressful time for you right now. I was a bit miffed last night when I was told I had to do the 12 week scan next week but then it wouldnt be another 4 weeks til I see the midwife again and then she will give me a form for blood tests wherein they test again for risk of Downs etc. I was shocked that they leave it so long to do these things to detect for Downs and other abnormalities. I mean who wants to find out when they are 18 - 20 weeks pregnant that there are probs, I would rather know sooner! Its really frustrating. But I suppose one needs to remain positive!

O'Hanlon, no worries re number for antenatal, I have booked on as I rang Penelope. I am doing the one starting 9 Feb at the Picton Centre, is that the same as you?
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 11:41am
KiwiWonder - that is a lot to deal with you, thinking of you all

Kathryn - I saw my MW yesterday and she tried to listen to the heartbeat and couldn't find it. I know it is because it is just too early but in many ways I wish she hadn't tried 'cos now it gives me something else to worry about! Roll on the 12 week scan
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 11:54am
Oh kiwiwonder - my thoughts are with you
such a hard time for you

Yip Kathryn that is the one - see ya there

Does seem like a long time to wait to see the downs etc
Will find out more next week
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 11:56am
Caro07 - i suppose i should rest at ease then bec if my midwife did that and couldnt find it then i prob would be feeling the same as you. Im sure its all fine though, just too early to detect it. My midwife said the foetus wasnt big enough to be able to hear it, ie the heartbeat prob not strong enough, so thats all it will be, but can understand what you are saying! We all think once we hit 12 weeks all will be fine, but unfortunately it appears that isnt the case... what is meant to be is meant to be I suppose as harsh as that sounds! Chin up, all will be fine.
Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 12:15pm
KiwiWonder. xx

Yeah, my MW didn't even bother trying to hear a heartbeat. She simply said you won't hear a heartbeat before 12 weeks. So I wouldn't worry.
Carole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:04pm
Well I won't get too excited for my midwife appointment tomorrow in case they don't hear anything either..!!

How distressing for you KiwiWonder that they leave you in a state of "not knowing anything". I hope that you get some answers quickly.

Feeling very blah today and might head home after I have done the reception lunch break.
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:04pm
Kiwi Wonder
LuLu

so horrible to get to 12 weeks and then find out there is a problem.

Katyrn as far as I know you only have to have the blood test if the nt scan shows a problem. Also my mw offered us the First Timester Combined Screening Blood test you are supposed to go for it at around 11 weeks and combined with the scan gives a 90% reading. We decided not to go with it as it is $120 and I talked to a friend who is a radiographer and she said as I am only 32 the scan was proberly enough. Luckly for us we had the scan today and the sonographer seems to think all is well. Also did you know in Ireland they don't routinely scan for NT unless you are high risk?

I completely agree with feeling like a bad mother at the moment I seem to have lost all patience in the last few weeks, He does get out everyday but he has definitaly been watching more tv.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 533>