FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 533>
Author
Bee2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:17pm
Hey,

had my scan 2 weeks ago and it was awesome how it was moving and waving with its arms :). Everything looks good the sonographer was very happy and explained it all to me.
My Family is coming to NZ next Sat. so excited and in 2 weeks we getting married *yay*.

Sponsored Links

ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:22pm
So exciting when family comes from overseas!!! Wow you have a lot going on with a wedding as well you must be so excited. Were are your family coming from?
Can't wait till April when mine get here to help with ds and the new buba

Bee2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:29pm
They are coming from Germany and staying for 2 weeks and my parents are going to Ozzie afterwards for another 2 weeks as a Honeymoon cos they married for 25 years now. My sis and grandma are going straight back home after the 2 weeks here.
We will only have a small wedding in the registar and some dinner in a restaurant. Planning on a big wedding party for next year over x-mas and new year in Samoa and June 2011 in Germany. So baby has to fly early in his/her life .

Edited by Bee2010

Angel Babe in our - 07/08
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:38pm
i have flown to ireland 3 times with ds 1st time was the easiest as he was only about 10 weeks then again at 14 months and then this year at jsut 2 the last two on my own with him its not that bad just make sure to have a good sling cause you can't always keep your buggy. You have awhile before you have to think about it though LOL. Wow 3 weddings I could just about handle my own one mind u we emirgrated here the day after so it was a bit stressful.

Carole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 1:48pm
that sounds like a really nice wedding. We had a small wedding in April while we were in Brisbane and our immediate families flew over. No stress and it was a wonderful day - just what a wedding day should be.

Wow travelling with a bub... my lovely DH wants to go and live in Europe for 2 years once our little one is born - he comes from Croatia - the whole thought of that I find very stressful
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 2:14pm
Oh lovely - weddings i love them..

YAY for family coming over

Congrats on the scan
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
Ratmonkey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 4:41pm
Hi Everyone,
Had our scan 2 hours ago and all is well. Little bub didn't stop moving the whole time we where in there and the lady doing the scan explained everything step by step. Now have the photos which I can't stop looking at Dates are spot on too.
If it wasn't real before, definately is now. Might even tell the boss tomorrow.
Hope you all have a nice evening
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 4:54pm
Hey KW....you know I'm thinking of you and only a text away if you need anything. B and I sending thoughts and prayers your way.

I must admit, I'm starting to get quite itchy for my 13 week scan. Another friend has another scan tomorrow to make sure all is ok and I guess all that along with Lulu's bad news is making me want to go make sure all is ok. I think this is the only time I've regretted not having an early can. te sensible side though says that I feel like crud, fall asleep at the drop of a hat etc etc etc so I'm sure all is fine. Besides, even if I get a referral for a scan reality is that by the time I get a space for one it will virtually be my nuchal scan date anyway.

Ohhhhh and I'm over vivid and disturbing dreams....I'll only keep the dreams of breastfeeding my new baby thank you!

Ok enough of my ranting...

mumtofour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumtofour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:08pm
Hi all, not good news here unfortunately . Had a crap last week , my granny who I was extremely close to passed away last thurs, had her funeral on Tues, hubbies birthday yesterday and I started bleeding. Spent most of today at ED and had a scan, unfortunately bubs passed at 6 weeks so these past almost 5 weeks, my body has still been acting like it is preg but no viable baby. Our kids are at the grandies for the night so we will no doubt have a glass of wine tonight and talk it over. I am gutted, hubby also, esp as I started bleeding on his birthday. We have 3 healthy children and I suppose we just took it for granted that this one would be fine too. Kinda wish we hadn't told everyone last week now. Now I just have to wait for bubs to pass, not too sure if we will try for another or not, took us a while to decide whether to try for this one. Hope all the rest of you have fantastic pregnancies and take care.

Mum to son 8, Daughters 6 and 3 and 1 angel lost at 11 weeks 01 Oct 09
Lulu27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 5:39pm
I feel your pain Michelle:( I've just popped in for an update. What a rollercoaster the last 24 hours has been. I was pretty much in denial till just before but hav started bleeding. I caught a last minute flight home last night so at least am with my partner thru the next phase. We r ok and actually happy in that we know we can get pregnant. We've been trying so long I started to doubt it! So we'll get thru this horrible situation then try again:) and it's made us make some decisions on what we r going to do from here with regards to commuting, cos it really sucks and is hard when u want a family!! All the best ladies:) I will lurk in and check on your progress from time to time:) but now I am off for a wine!!!
me 41 DH 40
Mc sept 2009, DS Sept 2010
TTC #2 since jan 2013
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:09pm
Oh Lulu, KW and Michelle, my heart goes out to you. Although I can't know exactly what you're going through, I think we all feel for you and have been dreading the same thing happening. Big hugs to you all, we will be thinking of you (and that glass of wine!) Good luck to you all, and please pop in and let us know when you conceive again. We'll be thinking of you.
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:34pm
Oh Michelle that is such horrible news.
Hugs to you and your family

Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 6:47pm
There has been too much sad news on here the last couple of days I am really sorry to hear that Michelle and my thoughts are with you and your family

Lulu - pleased to hear that you are with your DH now. I am glad for you that nature is taking its course though, hopefully means you can avoid a D & C as you didn't sound like you wanted to have to have that.

On the happier side thoguh, there have been lots of good scans too Really pleased for everyone with good news too.

It just all hits home that you have no idea what is really going on inside your body. I guess we have to just trust that it is doing the right things and what it needs to do. Enjoy the wine Lulu, and let us know how you are doing, if it isn't too painful. that goes for you guys too, KiwiWonder and Michelle. Lots of hugs.
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 7:06pm
Kiwiwonder I am so sorry about your terrible news . This must be so hard for you & your family to deal with. I don't know what to say but I just wanted you to know how sorry I am & I'm sending you heaps of big hugs

X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 7:11pm
Michelle I am really sorry to hear about your MC too (& the death in the family). Sometimes it all seems to go wrong at the same time!
Sending you big hugs too

Lulu I'm glad to hear nature is taking it's course & you might not have to have the D&C.

Take care of yourselves...it's a very stressful time so make sure you have lots of people to support you. Thinking of all of you.

monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 7:35pm
*Lurker*

Just wanted to say congratulations ohanlon!
Louise74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louise74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:30pm
Hey there!

I thought I'd say hello as a newbie to this site. I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and moving to Auckland early Jan to be with my DP. ( currently live in Sydney)
This is my first baby - and was a bit of a surprise ( but a good one!) Whilst I'm completely excited I'm also nervous about moving countries 2.5 months before it due.
I thought It would be a good idea to join a NZ forum and make some virtual friends whilst I'm still in Sydney.
Congrats to all of you who have had good scans and hugs to those who have had bad news. I have my nuchal scan next week so excited and petrified at the same time. Fingers X'd all is OK - Sometimes despite the tiredness/morning sickness/bloating its hard to believe there is anything in there!

Louise
X
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:41pm

Kiwiwonder and Michelle am so so sorry to hear your news. It must be absolutely mind blowing and my thoughts are with you and your families. Lulu am glad you could get home. My heart is aching for all of you.

UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 9:12pm
I am so sorry to hear the sad news kiwiwonder, michelle and lulu. Sending you all hugs and thinking of you.

I really thought that once you got past 8-9 weeks that the risk of mc etc was much reduced. I didn't realise your body could go on acting like its pregnant - seems so cruel.

My scan is a week away today so not long to wait.

Congrats to all who have seen baby and heartbeat etc how exciting!
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 9:23pm
*Lurker*
Louise74 - Welcome to NZ (in advance) from another Sydneysider now living in Auckland. You're brave moving so close to the end of your pregnancy. And you'll miss out on the $5000 baby bonus in Oz (I'm trying not to think about it but damn I could have used that money). They have this stuff over here that keeps things green - "rain" they call it. It's not too bad but takes a bit of getting used to. Oh, and you'll get hassled every time Australia wins over NZ at sport, or if Australia loses to NZ at sport. And you'll get mocked for saying "feeeesh and cheeeeeps".   Anyway, good luck.
*Lurker out*
Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 533>