FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 533>
Author
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 10:32am
Hi everyone - what crappy weather.
Told everyone at work my news this morning, starting with my boss.

Was a bit worried about what she'd say as she is pretty self-centred, so I said I had some news and handed her an envelope,

She said "oh god you're not leaving are you?"

I said "open it",

So she did and inside was my scan pic. She gave me a big hug. Phew!!
Sponsored Links

mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 11:33am
Grrr wet horrible cold weather...YUCK!
Glad I can hide inside at least for a bit of the day.
Gave in and went to see DP on sat night. Cooked him a meal which thawed things some what. Still he was quite stand offish though. At least got my hug, but it really bites me to go and make the conciliatory move when he is the one being an ass. Will see how he is during the week.
Am off to catch up with my business partner this afternoon and tell him I am pg. It's going to be interesting!!! Here's hoping he doesnt freak out too much!
Just had my blood test for downs etc. Now just have to wait 2 weeks for the scan to go with it and hope and pray that it is all ok!
On that note still thinking of you Kiwi wonder. Hope your scan etc goes well today! Good luck!
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 12:28pm
Good luck for today Kiwi Wonder - thinking of you

Good luck for your results mizpix.. Hope all goes well today with business partner

Awesome news Bridget on telling work be you feel heaps better

See midwife tomorrow and will book scan from there

Still feeling very rough - off home after work to go to bed

Edited by ohanlon82
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 12:55pm
Kiwiwonder good luck for your scan today! Hope it's not as bad as they originally suspected

I'm off work sick today & feeling quite sorry for myself.

On a positive note, I booked my 12 week NT scan for next tues 13 Oct at 1pm. Looking forward to finding out that bubs is healthy.

Have a good day everyone. What is up with this wintery weather?

Carole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 1:05pm
Kiwiwonder - thinking of you today and hope everything works out alright for you.

Feeling ok today - just trying to replace my terrible midwife who let me down on Friday but very much excited about our scan on Wed (now only 2 more sleeps!!).

Wish I was at home curled up on the couch with a good book in front of the heater.... work is very boring!!!
mizpix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 2:56pm
Haha well it went ok with my business partner!
He did his best impression of a stunned mullet, but recovered well. Looks like it will all work out OK, he is off to draft an add for someone to cover my job as we speak. The good thing is that we were ready to employ another anyway as the business is growing, and this is the push that will help it happen. If we can find a suitable person, I should then be able to come back to work part time/ flexible time after my 14 weeks maternity leave, and means the business wont have to support two full time salaries straight off. YAY!
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 4:18pm
Good news MizPix One weight of your mind.

Having a really blargh day here! Ds was really unsettled last night so I am exhausted and when I get over-tired the MS gets really bad. DS on the other hand is a box of birds and a bundle of fun - oh joy!!!
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 4:40pm
Glad it went well with your business partner mizpix. You deserve someone to make things easy after what you're putting up with DP.

All went well at the mw today, although I had a small amount of protein in my urine Will pick up some cranberry juice on my way home to stave off a UTI.

And I booked my scan for Wednesday 14th. Only 9 days to go

Sorry for those having a bad ms day. Hope I don't jinx it but I'm feeling ok this afternoon after a rotten morning.

Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 5:35pm
We are scan twins Faffer - I'm on the 14th October too, just over a week to go
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 6:12pm

Crikey! It is so cold. My car was telling me it was 5 degrees on the way home, but think the wind chill brings that down a bit. Unfortunately DH wasn't home so I had to cut the kindling and bring the wood in. I have managed to get out of that over the last 10 weeks or so lol. But was far too cold to wait. Am now sitting less than 1 meter from the fire and loving it. Feeling good today, but will be an early night. Kiwiwonder have been thinking of you today. Hope you have some answers and more of an idea of whats going on.

KiwiWonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiWonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 10:34pm
No real news here.

The second scan they did today at the hospital has confirmed what they saw on the first scan.... several large cystic hygromas which are generally bad news. Had a CVS done to check for chromosome abnormalities - preliminary results (which checks for Downs / Edwards / Turners) should be available by Thursday, but the full work up (which includes any problems with any chromosomes) will take two weeks. So we'll have 'more' news by Thursday but may be waiting for complete answers for awhile longer.

Doctor (who did the scan and CVS) said that because of the hygromas though, even if nothing's wrong with the chromosomes it still looks quite bad.

In the meantime, we wait, and do nothing....
Margo
bridgetc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 7:01am
Hugs KiwiWonder, will keep fingers crossed for you xx
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 8:41am
Fingers crossed for you Kiwi xxxxxxx

Feeling a little better today.. Went home and was in bed by 6pm LOL - but feel better for it now.. .Just need some rest

Off to see MW tonight - YAY cant wait
Then will book scan tomorrow

Was freezing last night - only got to 10 degrees in Auckland
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 8:43am
Big hugs Kiwiwonder, I would imagine the waiting is horrible. Hope they have results soon xxx

Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 9:44am
KiwiWonder, keeping my fingers crossed for you. If only there was a scan or test that could give you some instant answers.

Yay for being scan twins Caro. I'm worried now about being able to drink 1L of water and not pee for nearly 2 hours!!!

I managed to eat a whole chicken kiev last night for dinner! Its the first bit of meat I've been able to finish in weeks. And I didn't throw up this morning, so maybe I'm in ms remission.

ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:00am
Good to hear Faffer - that you feeling better

Is that what you have to do before scan??? I will find out from midwife tonight i suppose
mmm should be interesting LOL
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:47am
Thinking of you Kiwi....

As for the scan, I forgot to ask my midwife about the water this time. Will ring scan place. I had to drink it for the 7 week scan though but bec of the shape of my uterus (it tilts back slightly and is apparently fairly common) I had to empty the bladder and they did internal scan. Yip, yuck I know, but they did the same thing when I was preg with my daughter too - but only the very first scan, the others were just on top of tummy.

Megan - good luck with Penny tonight.
Kathryn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:49am
Update - just got told by scan place that didnt have to drink water this time - yay
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 10:54am
Thanks Kathryn

Yip will check with Penny tonight

Faffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 11:26am
I think the water is because I'll be exactly 12 weeks at my scan - if its earlier than 12 weeks you have to drink water to help everything stick out clearer???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 533>