FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGoing off homemade food

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going off homemade food
    Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:36am
I have been very good and mainly given DD all homemade foods. She went off her foods last week & since then will only eat bought foods.

I have heaps in the cupboard as back up, and she wont eat veges ive made, so i one gave her a can instead and she gulped it down. So i gave her a few cans since then & she wont eat homemade stuff now & i have a whole freezer full lol.

Any ideas what to do????
Sponsored Links

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:39am
Perhaps mix some of your homemade stuff with some of the canned stuff to see if you can get it down her (and at least use up your freezer full?!)

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:50am
H & E go off home made vege every now and then. These days they mostly eat finger foods but I still like to keep a back up stock of mashed mixed vege in the freezer as I know it's an easy way to get a heap of vege into them. So when they get bored of eating the mashed vege I buy those little packet of watties sauce usually the bolonaise flavor or beef & plum sauce and add it to the vege. They go mad for it.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:57am
We went through a phase of this, i just mixed some of the canned fruity yummy ones in with my vegies etc (not that my vegies aren't yummy :p) and he ate them that way, and now hes back eating all homemade things. Although he is a lot more into finger foods now.
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 2:21pm
Yep i still quite often secretly put my homemade stuff into jars and she eats most of it that way
BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 2:33pm
I mix store bought with my veges, the only organics pasta Bolognese mixed with veges always goes down well as does the creamy pasta bake one. I think its because the store bought have more flavour e.g. spices etc and so taste better.

I also mix my stewed fruit with the baby muesli and this goes down very well too.
 Post Reply Post Reply