FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 628629630631632 772>
Author
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 3:33pm
oh Amy - thats not too good about your cookies.
Oh and did you need a ride on Monday as isn't your DH going to be back at work then?
Sponsored Links

Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 3:41pm
that is fantastic Alex! sounds like time for a new wardrobe!

do any of you welly ladies use breastpads? i don't have enough milk to leak any but i bought a box before giving birth jic. I could bring them on monday to bex if anyone wants them.
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 3:49pm
Renee - I'm allowed to drive next Wednesday, but I'm going to be naughty and drive on Monday, so won't need a ride, but thanks anyway!

Alex - WOAH! That's a-mazing! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be a size 8 before you know it

Pinky - thanks, but I've just bought washable breast pads which seem to be doing the job.

Oooh I get my professional photos back on Monday... woop!!

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 3:50pm
Wo go Alex!! That's impressive! I agree you should go get a new wardrobe!! spoil yourself!

Amy bummer bout your cookies, I haven't tried making them so not sure... But someone on here will know... Maybe pop into the tips for milk supply thread, they should know!
Turtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 3:54pm
Oh Alex! that is an amazing amount
I'm a whole heap of jealous. I went shopping the other day to try and get something that would fit should I have to go somewhere nice.

It is DH's first day back at work. It feels so weird without him here. It is amazing how quickly you get into a routine and a couple of times during the day Evelyn has done something and I've gone to ask him about it and he hasn't been here. I imagine he spent all day showing pictures and talking about her to the girls in the office.

We had our second attempt at the hearing test yesterday. The results were inconclusive on one of her ears again so we are being referred to audiology. Hopefully it is just fluid moving about as it is on the side that her ventouse was on.

MW was around yesterday and she has put on 200g in the past 5 days. No contraception talk here yet though.
PixieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PixieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:25pm
Hi ladies
Sorry to keep you all waiting. I sent lots of texts to clarise but she only seemed to get the ones saying 'did you get my text'! Mon, I lost your number too!
So haven't read back but I have a beautiful baby, delivered by c-section, 06/06/10 5.09am, 3.9999 kg (8lbs 12) 56 cm long 36 cm head. Name TBA
Basically theyhad to induce me becasue of low fluid, I had a foley catherer on Friday, gel on Saturday, had contractions but they weren't getting stronger, waters broken Saturday night and they had meconium in them, started on a low dose of syntosin, contractions got a bit stronger and after 4 hours I couldn't hack the pain, had a lowest dose epidural which totally wiped me out. They cranked up the syntosin to full dose and we spent the whole night listening to baby's heartbeat dropping with contractions (most scary thing I've ever heard), had a fetal stress test about 4.30 and baby was distressed so had a c-section. I feel happy I gave it my best shot and I'm totally in love with him! Medical team was amazing, they got him out in 5 mins. Am only pissed off with the fact that I now have to recover from surgery.
Have spent last few days recovering in hospital. Bloody painful and have been a terrible patient. Breastfeeding has been challenging and painful but I've been pretty hardcore about it and milk came in today. Still hurts but is going really well. Just got home, it's nice to be here! And did I mention that I have a beautiful baby? Hope everyone is doing well. Will read back later on. xx

1/2/9 (27/8/9)
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:40pm
Yay Pixie! Just remember if you need anything let me know - I can drive now so I can go anywhere!

lol, size 8 huh, YUCK. I'd hate to be that skinny. I'm 6 foot tall, so i'm aiming for a size 16 to start with.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:50pm
Great to hear from you Pixie. It's a shame you ended up with a c-section, but at least you've now got your beautiful little baby

I'll update the list now...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:51pm
Yay Pixie that is soo cool - congrats for you. Hope you are recovering well.
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:55pm
Yay Pixie!! Sorry to hear things didn't go the way you wanted but big hugs!!!

NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:57pm

10th April, 1.55am - JSwan (Jamie) (EDD 8th May) Ashley Lorene Swan 6lb 4.5oz
28th April, 3.06pm - Rowsieair (Rowan) (EDD 7th May) Bryn David Trezise 3.43kg (7lb 9oz)
30th April, 9.08am - Buzzydaisy (EDD 9th May) Harper Rose (3.92kg) 8lb 10oz, 54cm

1st May, 2.28am - Isabel (Isabel) (EDD 10th May) Kylie Erica Speed 54cm, 3.870kg (8lb 8.5oz)
1st May, 11am - Freesia (Amber) (EDD 5th May) Danielle Evelyn 4.27kg (9lb 7oz)
2nd May, Midday - Toniellis (Toni) (EDD 4th May) Damien Scott Langdon 8lb 7oz
3rd May, 11.12pm - Melz222 (EDD 4th May) Emma Billie Aldridge 8lb 2oz
7th May, 5.15am - neivaD (Natalie) (EDD ?) Kalina 8lb 10oz
9th May, 11.14pm and 11.25pm - ImKrystal (Krystal) (EDD 22nd May) Jonah Henare & Ethan Hone 6.4lbs & 6.3lbs
12th May, 11.27pm - Clarise (Claire) (EDD 11th May) William Lincoln 3.625kg (8lb).
13th May, 4.47pm - SmellyKelly (Kelly) (EDD 22nd May) Molly Anne Reichardt 6lb 4oz
17th May, 6.05am - Pinkybar (Ellen) (EDD 13th May) Alexander Michael 4.060kg (8lb 15oz)
19th May, 11.35am - Amybaby (Amy) (EDD 10th May) Flynn James 8lb 11oz
19th May, 3.55pm - Kat_Hutch (Kat) (EDD 29th May) Brody Jeremy Ryan 8lb 12oz
19th May, 11.10pm - Dinolou (Laura) (EDD 21st May) Reuben Michael Vernon 7lb 5oz
24th May, 4:31am - Megstar (EDD 19th May) Benjamin Michael Webster 8lb
25th May, ? - MissAngel (Alex) (EDD 22nd May) Lily Anne 9lb 4oz
26th May, ? - Monie (EDD 12th May) Rowan Philip Gideon Moar 8lb 3oz
26th May, 11.29pm - KMarie (Kristy) (EDD 17th May) Kaitlyn Lucia 8lb 4.5oz
28th May, early am - Turtle (EDD 22nd May) Evelyn Jemimah 6lb 14oz
29th May, 00.18am - Emmi (Emma) (EDD 17th May) Lilla Kowhai Joy 4.570kg (10lb 2oz)
30th May, 9.56pm - Beckonohbaby (EDD 26th May) Cole Robert 8lb

3rd June, 8.22am - Monikah (Mon) (EDD 28th May) Finn Matthew 7lb 11oz
6th June, 5.09am - PixieL (EDD 26th May) TBC 8lb 12oz
7th June, ?? - MickeyLu (EDD 26th May) Astin 8lb 7oz

Konagirl
SammyA
AzzaNZ
MommaPine
Genevieve
Didi99

NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:58pm
I decided to get rid of the MIA list - if anyone reappears we can add them in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 5:05pm
oh my gosh Amy - Flynn is nearly 4 weeks.. crazy times
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:00pm
yay pixie. glad to hear from you and your doing well :)

dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:13pm
yay Pixie! wow... no more May babies to come... not sure why that makes me sad but it does haha. Ohh the 19th was the most popular day to be born haha!!

Sigh... Reuben seems to have decided that he wants to wake at 6.30 not 7.30 :( He is soooo cranky in the evening too I think I'm going to try and add in another feed in there to try and get him to sleep a bit better.

MissAngel holy crap lol that's awesome!!! Last time I weighed myself was up to 13kgs, need to do it again

Edited by dinolau
kat_hutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat_hutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:25pm
congrats pixie and mickey!! wow so how many were born by c-sect in the end???

and wow alex! thats an impressive weight loss!!! congrats!

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:27pm
Well we had our 2nd outing today, went to the mall, I wore Lilla in my moby, was great! so much easier than lugging the pram around! Will def be doing that at the P&C show!
oohh talking about leaking, Last night (no expressing, just BFing!!) but my boobs were leaking by the time Lilla wanted a feed! and starting to get hard! Small things huh? I was so excited
Turtle, I hope it is just pesky fluid in Evies ears
Pixie, glad your doing well, recovering well, bubs is safe and well.

+1 May 09 Angel
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:28pm
We should do a c sect roll call (I was wondering the same thing Kat). There were only 2 "electives" tho right? Buzzy and Alex?

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:33pm
Lol glad things are going well Em re BFing, although full on engorgement is not fun! I'm a normally b cup and engorgement made me a DD. Ouch.
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 7:10pm
The leaking boobs in the night is gross!! Mine aren't so bad now but a week or so ago I woke up and the entire front of my shirt was soaked!! I've work breast pads to bed ever since.

I'd love to know how many c-sections we had too!

Tomorrow is Friday... last week day with DH at home...    I'm going to miss him when he goes back to work.

Nic & Em - I got tickets to the P&C show! Can I tag along with you guys then I don't have to drag DH along (and someone else can have the spare ticket).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 628629630631632 772>