FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 630631632633634 772>
Author
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:23am
No Emmi, I have no c-section pain. Well, not directly anyway! Its because I've lost all this weight and my body is readjusting to not having a bump so it's making everything hurt! Oh also when I cough real hard or sneeze real massive it still is a bit sore. Nothing major however.

Matt fed Lily 75ml of formula at midnight and she slept til 4.30! I slept from about 10.30 - 4.30. Thank god! Problem being that I've got up and i'm soaked from BM! Thankfully the bed is fine - but i've soaked thru the 2 sets of pads I have to wear at night and my singlet EW. I'm dying for a shower, but i cant go for one til someone else gets up. Nasty.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Sponsored Links

Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 10:37am
Mon I'm not sure which part of the milk has the goodies - i did think it was the 2nd part though.
My MW said to do at least 10min at a time as first 5min is usually foremilk and that it is just thirst quenching and you need to do at least another 5min too of hindmilk. ?? maybe there are goodies in both.
I don't know though - I have trouble just remembering which side I last fed on!

What is this 'let down' thing you guys were mentioning? I feel like I don't have any boobie symptoms to show for my BF. Makes me think I don't have enough milk!

Alex - great job on the nice long sleep! not so nice waking up soaked though!

Edited by Pinkybar
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 11:10am
Mon the second part is the fatty part. The first bit is lighter in colour and more of a 'drink'/'thirst quencher' but the second part which is meant to be more creamy coloured is the fatty bit or the 'food'

I think the first part, the foremilk is the bit for immunity and the hindmilk is just the fatty bit but I could be wrong on that.

Let down is the tingly feeling you get in your nipples when your baby is due a feed or when they start sucking or during the feed.

My midwife told me they should have at least 10 minutes per side, but as they get older some take less time to drain a side as they get better at sucking. Lily used to take about 30-45mins a side when she was new born now it's about 10minutes over night a side and about 10-15 during the day.

MA yay for a good sleep from your Lily! My Lily did the same for a change! Instead of waking 2-3 times it was just once! Though it will most likely be a one off for us!
buzzydaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzydaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:25pm

Alright I have read back 15 or so pages and can only remember about breastpads. I hav bought some washab;e ones but I leak during letdown and sometimes have letdown at funny times they simply do not cut the mustard. Has anyone tried hemp or wool? Do they work coz the disposable ones cost too much.

Now, my last post a few days ago was raving about how sleepy harper was and her routine. I need to go back and touch wood coz all hell has broken loose in my world. We have hit the 6 week mark (if that has anything to do with it) she will not sleep in her bed during the day at all and gets so tired that as soon as she feeds which is every 1.5 to 2 hrs she falls asleep. last night she fed from 3pm every hr till 9pm then woke at 12am and 4am. She is fine at night but has just given up on day sleeps. I have tried everything. wrapping not wrapping, cot, bassinett, curtains closed/open, tv, white noise, infacol,crying for long periods, shhhing, patting, dummy, feeding to sleep, bathing and have put her back on her losec.

What makes it worse is the plunket nurse was meant to come today but she diddnt turn up, I was so beside myself last night that I was about to try formula.

I really dont want a baby with sleeping issues, do I just hold her to sleep? what should I do? is this the 6 wk spurt? This is day 3 and i am so over it, which is sad coz I just want to enjoy her.

Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:42pm
aw buzzy sorry things aren't so good anymore.
i'm afraid i can't offer any help as i have a very similar sleeping situation with Alex. the only way he falls asleep is on the boob so i feed him to sleep everytime. i also worry that he is going to develop bad sleeping habits but for my sanity i let him do it. also if i try and move him to his bed he wakes up within 10min so i just let him sleep on me most of the time. makes doing anything around the house very difficult!
would be so much harder with two kids. i hope this is just a phase and harper goes back to sleeping well again soon.

Edited by Pinkybar
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:11pm
Oh Buzzy! That doesnt sound pleasant. I hope someone can give you some advice, maybe start a thread in the baby section?? Im sure plenty of other will have been through similar. Hang in there Im sure Harper will start sleeping again soon

Mon, hindmilk is the filling milk, the part that has all the fat. The front has goodness too though, and still worth it.

We had our NB photos taken today. Lilla was mostly good Went and visited a friend on the way home too, so had a big day out from 11 till 4! Not bad for us! My cousin got engaged this week, and they are have a bday party up the coast this weekend that we are going to try to attend. Might finally go out and buy a portacot! I really want the phil and teds one, looks awesome!

+1 May 09 Angel
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:19pm
Rant:
Zzz I am so over breastfeeding. My boobs hurt all the time, ive soaked both bras I own today, god knows what i'll be wearing tomorrow, I dont like this 'cluster' feeding crap, i'm not a dairy cow and i'm not getting ANYTHING done. I'm sick to death of no sleep and feeling so drained and I hate that I cant eat what I want without it giving her reflux! what a bunch of crap! I might go back to formula I think.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:34pm
ohh big hugs Miss A - I know what it feels like. Even harder when you have another child to look after as well. Hopefully the bf does get better - have you spoken to a lactation consultant?
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:39pm
I don't need one. Her latch is perfect and she's doing everything she's sposed to be doing. Its just me with the problem.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:06pm
The first few weeks really do suck Alex, you are doing such an awesome job, I am sorry youre finding it crap though. It should start going better soon though if its any consolation xoxo

For anyone who isnt on my facebook I have written Kalinas birth story if anyone wants to read it
Kalinas Birth Story
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:07pm
I hope your exam went ok to Mon, thinking of you

Hugs Buzzy, sleeping issues make things so much worse, I hope it passes for you soon xo
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:11pm
i upped my meds and mack had a BF tonite and about 30ml of formula instead of 120ml so ill see what happens over the next few days. i always do at least 10 min each side at night and about 45-60 mins total during the day as long as nothing is wrong with mack or he doesnt need anything. its all looking up though.

i had the biggest sh*t of a day. got mack up at 8 and he was still asleep, was awake less than an hour and back down. he has been doing this on and off for weeks so i took him to the doctor and he needs full bloods i was trying to read the last i my notes but never got a chance. had to run to the supermarket then come back get to the doctors, feed and dress both kids and get out the dorr for my exam so i never even got to read the last 3 weeks worth of notes which i wasnt in class for!!!

argh. glad the exam is over but its been chaos leaving me with a sick child, and quite drained. at least my babies are being good though :) should be a bit more grateful

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:36pm
Oh my gosh, Debs has had her triplets!! All are safe and doing well, 2 are just over 1kg, the other 700g and are all on breathing machines but looking really good.
Oh my gosh, I cant believe shes had them already! So glad they are doing so well though!

+1 May 09 Angel
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:38pm
wow full on. yay they are doing well though. the smallest is bigger than juzzo's bub though aye? thats a good thing. how many weeks did she make it to?

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:47pm
She would have been 28?   Nope,m Harlow was 750gms, so just a tiny bit bigger. Gosh imagine having 3!! So precious!

+1 May 09 Angel
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 7:56pm
oh my gosh!! glad to hear they are all doing well. hope they bulk up quickly!
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:02pm
Natalie, your birth story bought tears to my eyes, it sounds so beautiful! (Im a little jealous)
Do you have your other birth stories written up?

+1 May 09 Angel
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:42pm
Natalie your birth story is amazing! i could never of made it through without the gas but most importantly without the MW because I was scared I guess.

When the MW was out of the room for ages and I needed to push I had a sneaky feel for the head too! I was surprised to feel my waters bulging and the hard head behind them. Was an exciting moment!

How did you not spill water everywhere? I was in the hospital bath and I thrashed so much with each contraction sending water everywhere!! I couldn't help it! lol.

Well done! a beautiful story.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:47pm
Mack just had another feed 3.5 hours after his last one and only had about another 30mls formula

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 8:49pm
Awesome Mon!!

+1 May 09 Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 630631632633634 772>