FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 633634635636637 772>
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:04am
yea hayfever went away overnight, inhaler helped too but im real weary of going to my sisters place anytime soon. must be the trees cos she lives on the hill but its on 5 mins drive from my place on the flat. weird huh.

AB's have to be taken till they are gone. Mack is about 2 weeks, dont know bout Finn yet but the MW is coming to assess him cos the Paeds arent too keen on him being on oral ABs so he may have to go into the NICU depending on what she says. His stump is pussy and he has an infected thumb too so him immune system is getting a hiding

Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:16am
Lilla had an infected thumb (looked like an ingrown nail to me but MW said it was an infection not caused by the nail) and gave us ointment ABs for her... Could they not do the same for Finn? or would it not work with the stump?
We had a GREAT night last night! Lilla slept from 10 to 4.30 (so 6.5 hours!) had a feed then slept from 5 to 8! The last 2 nights shes just gone back down on the first settle, yay!
At what point did your sleepy babies change? Im hoping Lilla doesnt so I keep touching wood everytime I say how great she is!
Buz I too have been thinking of you and hoping things are getting easier

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:29am
Lily changed the minute the mw had me wake her 2-4 hourly day and night!

But once they 'wake up' so to speak I found Lily's sleep changed.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:29am
nah it wouldnt work as they are just side infections. he has spots which have got all pussy and caking over. they took a swap a couple of days ago to culture and have just got the results back saying its a staph infection so a little bit more serious as its in his system as opposed to something getting infected if that makes sense?

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:31am
How come you had to wake lily?
Fair enough Mon,thought it woiuldnt have been as simple as ours, but worth a shot

+1 May 09 Angel
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:09pm
Emmi - I was told the newborn's should only be asleep for 4 hrs max during the day and you should wake them up. I think that was it but there was a maximum time that they should be asleep
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:38pm
Great sleeps Kristy and Em! We had a great night too, but OMG today has been a shocker! Up at 7.30am and then feeding and grizzling till he went down at 12!!! I'm really really hoping it's the antibiotics effecting him cos this feeding/grizzling is doing my head in! We had the same from 5pm yesterday until bed at 9.30pm. Has anyone had anything similar???

Mon - your poor boys on antibiotics! Hope they get better soon.

Alex - yay for starting to enjoy Lily I have to say I still keep toying with the idea of giving up BFing, especially with the constant feeding... it just feels like my milk isn't doing the trick, and I'm sick of being a 24 hour a day milk-bar

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:48pm
Its funny after the first night at home (and the last week at the hosp) having to get up and make up formula in the night, I am so glad to not have to do that now, BFing is so much easier IMO (even witht he dumb shields) and less complicated.
Amy he might be having another growth spurt? It seems like when Lilla feeds more often (which so far since 8am has been 2 hourly (and the last one just lasted 45mins!) shes had another growth spurt. Nothing wrong with your milk Aims, if Flynn isnt getting enough he would soon stimulate your supply so he was, hes just a growing wee boy

+1 May 09 Angel
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:48pm
oh no Amy - thats not too good about the grizzling - it's hard when that happens. I would say that it would be the AB's as that is what happened to me when I was on AB's and still BF. Jayden was a bit grizzly maybe with the weather having a break in the rain you could take him for a walk? Or you could use your Front pack thing and walk around the house with him that way.

I have to agree with Emmi though that it could be a growth spurt as well.

Edited by Renee & Lauren
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 2:24pm
arg i am soooooo pissed off right now. DH has turned into a bit of a jerk this week and I'm sooooo over it now.
To top it off last night his friend was here watching tv. I went to bed at 12, after telling them there would be hell to pay if they woke the baby. They both laugh at 4x anyone elses normal volume and watch tv at that level too. So anyway DH climbs into bed at 2am waking me up. I get up to pee and walk past the babies room and he is obv awake making little sounds. Sure enough 2.30 he is screaming. Fks sakes he doesnt wake up for 2 more hours normally. DH goes "I can understand you being annoyed but its not my fault". yeah whatever. now he prob wont sleep till 7.30 and ill end up doing 2 night feeds instead of one grrr

well thats my rant. anyway. heres my 2 videos of Reuben
one day old
25 days old

Edited by dinolau
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 2:26pm
oh dino that sucks, i can totally understand you being pissed off!! I would be spewing!

+1 May 09 Angel
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 2:28pm
yeah. i need to get my act together and express some bm so I can make him do it in theese situations.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 5:42pm
Amy Lily always did the 5.30-10 grizzly/feed thing from about 4-7 weeks I think. Was very tiring and kinda stressful!! No advice other than it does stop, and if you can bath them during that time it can sometimes help settle them...
They have about 3-4 growth spurts in the first 6 weeks, which can last until 8 weeks or something then another round 3 months, 4 months... etc.
Lily just had her 4 month ones as I am starting to get engorged

Emma mw had me waking her. She lost 80g in her first 4 days and didn't gain it back until she was 6 days, I know that's a good time frame but mw said good to feed them 2-4 hourly and I didn't know any better. She was sleeping through the night but I was told to wake her...

Dnio, boo to stupid partners! My dp has a habit of slamming doors... Need I say more!!!
Clarise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:42pm
re having to wake babies.. I'm now in that camp too... Will was being an awesome bub (or so I thought) and sleeping 6-7 hours overnight and 3-4hr naps during the day, but it's caused my milk to start drying because he's been going so long between feeds now have to feed every 3 hours on the dot and express as much as I can to try and stimulate milk to start again. Was sooo gutted last night but feeling better for it today esp after he pooed for the first time in a few days.

Heck Mon, hope Finn responds to the ABs quick, staph in a baby that young cant be fun.

It could just be a growth spurt Amy, but you've got to do what's best for you and bubs to keep you both happy.

Hope you & DH get well soon Kristy and the girls stay healthy!

So pleased you're enjoying Lily now Alex, and what a good DH doing the night feed.

Ugh how frustrating Dino, hope it was just a one off for you
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:45pm
Clarise you know its normal for a breastfed baby to not poo for up to 10 days aye?
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:47pm
Oh gosh Clarise, that sucks Glad your getting your supply sorted out again though.

Hmm so you know how your babies feed more during the evening, do they nap inbetween? Lilla has been up since 3, she will go to sleep, so will put her down but not even 5 mins later shes awake again... shes not grizzling or unhappy (much, has had 2 grizzles for 2 mins) I hope this is normal! (and that she will sleep tonight!)

+1 May 09 Angel
Smelly_Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smelly_Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:52pm
Is there anything you can do for newborns with colds? molly cant breathe and its so heartbreaking to watch :(
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:53pm
Saline in the nose and steam. We had this with Kalina, she is still stuffed up at the moment
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:54pm
you can use an aspirator on their nose, suck some of the snot out? or have them in the bathroom after a hot shower (the steam helps clear them out), must be other things too? Oh raising up the head of the bassinet/cot/bed

+1 May 09 Angel
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:01pm
Emma yup it's normal for them to nap like 5 mins in between feeds then realise you aren't there and then wake. I found once I got into the habit of putting her down awake she stopped the cluster feeding. If they have a full tummy then they will happily go to sleep, if they're slightly still hungry they tend to not settle well imo.

Colds, saline drops from chemist or steam. We have an aspirator but tbh it doesn't work. You could do the Islander thing and umm tmi suck it out iygwim... DDs nana told us about that one...
You could always tickle them under their nose so they sneeze it out iygwim, that has worked for Lily

Re pooing, some poo every feed, some poo once a day, some poo once a week... It varies, unless they are really uncomfy and straining and crying then don't worry too much about it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 633634635636637 772>