FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 624625626627628 772>
Author
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:21pm
Oohh I think we should stay away from each other Pinky or I see us being a bad influence on each other!

+1 May 09 Angel
Sponsored Links

Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:33pm
hehe, if only you were staying in NZ longer and we could have our second babies together too!! lol.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:36pm
Emmi i never got them at all with Mack and have no sign yet of them this time. I never get PMS or anything like that either so i think im just not terribly susceptable to anything hormone related. it will be very different from person to person.

Thought Finn was doing well. been asleep for 3.5 hours so decided to wake him for a feed and while DH was changing him he spilt up heaps. dammit

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:36pm
Well he hasnt gone yet! he still hasnt signed up so you never know (is it bad Im secretly hoping to stay here? even if it means living at home for a while? I dont want to go back to work! or move to the states!)

+1 May 09 Angel
dinolau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinolau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:25pm
I'm still bleeding :S not much tho but am SO over it.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:31pm
For those of you with babies that dont scream all the time. how much are they awake and feeding? Finn had a real good feed at 3 so i tried to wake him at 6 but he wont have a bar of it. he had one side at 7 but only for 5-10 mins and is strait back asleep with no interest in waking up. how much are they awake at a time at this stage. the first few weeks are unfamiliar teritiry for me cos mack was so sick. and how often is it ok for them to sleep at night? mack has done 12-6 two nights in a row now, and only wakes at 6 cos i make him. i get wet and dirty nappies fine but he seems to sleepy to what i thought a healthy NB would be like

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:56pm
Did you see the MW today Mon? They need to be feeding 3-4 hourly (max) and no more than one 6 hour stint. (from what I understand). Try stripping him off, tickling etc to wake him up. and if hes starting to go to sleep on the boob, switch sides (to try to wake him up again).
Lilla was still getting heaps and heaps of pees and poos but not getting enough, so to me its not a sure indicator in if they are getting enough...

+1 May 09 Angel
Smelly_Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smelly_Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:59pm
Has anyone seen the baby whispering dvd by Sharlene poole? is it worth getting, or is it a croc of sh*t?
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:01pm
*lurker*

I secretly hope you don't have to go too Em

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:02pm
Hehe thanks Bex! Oh Im planning on coming to coffee group on Mon (all thing going well!)

+1 May 09 Angel
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:03pm
Yay thats awesome! Look forward to seeing you

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:11pm
if i wake him to feed him he ends up spilling it up. i might wake him at least every 4 hours and see if he holds it down better. MW is coming 2mrw so ill see what she says. He had an awesome feed at 3 and a small feed round 7 so ill wake him soon and try get a decent feed into him now and midnight then 6am, 10 etc...

neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Emmi_ Emmi_ wrote:

Lilla was still getting heaps and heaps of pees and poos but not getting enough, so to me its not a sure indicator in if they are getting enough...

Can I ask what makes you say this Emmi?
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:22pm
Emma lots of pees and poos is a good sign, did your mw say otherwise? It's normal for babies to lose birth weight but it can take 2 weeks to gain it back.

Mon the spilling might be that he takes too much in so brings some up... Does it hurt him when he brings it back up?

Kelly I've seen bits of it. I think it's what, $40? Personally I wouldn't bother, she used to have a stint on the GM show on Tuesday mornings where she demonstrated everything that was in the video.
What she says may not even work for you, see if you could rent it/borrow it.
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:22pm
Mon he might be having too much at once? try just 10 mls (you said he was having 30 before?) and not enough room in his tummy?

Natalie, just cos she was having heaps, like 4/5 poos and more than that pees, but she had lost 610gms and wasnt getting enough from me. I had assumed that the constant feeding was her trying to get my milk in and that she was getting enough since she had so many wet nappies... (the MWs all said it was looking good). But yeah she wasnt getting nearly enough. Shes gained half of her loss back already (thats in a week)

Edited by Emmi_

+1 May 09 Angel
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:31pm
At 5 days they are still pretty sleepy Mon, but he should be being fed every 4 hours at the most during the day. In the first week they even suggest every 2 hours to help establish supply. Their tummy's are the size of their fists, but formula takes longer to digest so the top ups are keeping him fuller longer which means he sleeps longer as he isnt hungry as often. Ive never combo fed, but maybe asking in the main part of the boards for the advice of people who have and how their babies have slept in the early days?

Does he spill if you are just breastfeeding him? Is he swallowing when you breastfeed? Could you try giving him 5mls of formula and then try to breastfeed him and then if he still is hungry then give the rest of the supplement.   Tips for baby who wont nurse
Are you winding him after/during his feeds?
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Emmi_ Emmi_ wrote:

Mon he might be having too much at once? try just 10 mls (you said he was having 30 before?) and not enough room in his tummy?

Natalie, just cos she was having heaps, like 4/5 poos and more than that pees, but she had lost 610gms and wasnt getting enough from me. I had assumed that the constant feeding was her trying to get my milk in and that she was getting enough since she had so many wet nappies... (the MWs all said it was looking good). But yeah she wasnt getting nearly enough. Shes gained half of her loss back already (thats in a week)

Did you have IV fluids in labour? And was she weighed before or after her first pee & poo?
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:41pm
he is getting winded and doing heaps better now we got some gripe water into him. He is fully draining both breast then having formula on top of that but not force fed anymore. he just takes what he wants and stops. if he doesnt get the extra formula he just screams until he gets it. we tried rocking, sucking fingers, skin to skin but the only thing that makes him stop crying is the food. we do the stripping and notmal stuff. he is just so cosy. lol. im slowly cutting down the formula he takes and only giving it when he is realy wanting it. he drained one side at 7 and went to sleep so hopefully my milk is starting to do its job now. he spills after little amounts of milk (BF or FF) too which is why im thinking another reflux baby but its too early to tell. all good. i shall pursevere(sp) :D

Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:47pm
Mon - Jayden was like that when he was born. Needed the top up and would scream if he didn't get it too. Then when I dried up all he could get was the formula. GL
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:59pm
I know I had 3 bags of fluid after the section since I lost a litre of blood, DH thinks I did have one lot of fluids during labour, which he thinks would have been about 3 or 4 pm so 8 or 9 hours before she was born. I think she would have been weighed before she had peed and pooped, and before her first feed..

+1 May 09 Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 624625626627628 772>