FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626627628629630 772>
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:43pm
man i started updating hours ago but then we had a power cut and our modem died along with everything else. lol.

MW visit was great! the MW i had today seemed so much more on the ball than my last 2. She noticed Finn is tongue tied and has reffered us to dentistry already and should have an appt by the start of next week. It explains why he is eating an hour then still having formula. he is latching well but sucking badly so hopefully if we can see how bad it is then my milk may be ok after all. She looked at mine and DH tongues and reckons he was probably bad feeder and slighlty tied too and its genetic. he is nearly back to birth weight which is great. i can feed him 4 hourly during the day and leave him over night til he wants to wake up. Mack was probably tongue tied too which would have affected my milk and explains why he choked so badly as a little guy, he couldnt swallow properly. He has the longest belly button before the cord starts so if i hasnt retracted lots at 6 weeks we have to get him checked for a hernia but its unlikely. he has been waking himself every 3 - 4 hours and going down well all day so its all looking pretty good.

i have the same MW team always looking after me and obviouslt their standards are better regulated. Mack has never been wieghed wearing anything at all. MW's and plunket all do naked weights

Sponsored Links

Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 2:49pm
Amy - I hope that your infection goes away quickly.

I was in such a rush before with my post that I just replied about the spilling. I do hope it gets better soon for you.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:11pm
We had our first outing in the stroller around the shops today! Went really well and Lily slept the whole time. It was funny tho, takes 10 times longer to get anything done because of people fawning over her wherever we go!
Tomorrow I have to go get groceries with TWO children.. I'm not quite sure how we're going to get on - the baby holder things on the trolleys are terrible and Lily gets so uncomfortable! I might have to put her in the frontpack and get a normal trolley or something.

I REALLY need to weigh myself too, my pants are falling off of me and my tops are incredibly loose - cept for round the boobs. Will be interesting to find out how much i've actually lost!

Oh, Lily has her hearing test on the 22nd as well.. I thought they did them when they were new? all good tho, will be interesting to see how they do it!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:53pm
we have macks next tuesday. i was told they had to be at least 6 hours old but since we left the hospital when he was only 3 hours old we have to go as outpatients so it was harder to get in quickly.

i must admit its noce doing up the top button on my pants again. lol. i left it undone at the end of my pg cos i couldnt get it done up even though the rest fit, but now when i go out i keep forgetting to do up the top button on my clothes

my next few days will be good to get out. have mainly music 2mrw then on friday i have my bio exam and we going to get a new cat :D

i put my moby on today to see if i had the coordination and its so comfy. baby crashed out strait away and i was easy able to jump up and down without him flying round. will be real handy for stuff like shopping. not looking forward to doing that with 2 kids, good luck MissA!! luckily mack is too young to be a problem but it worries me the baby will get hungry shopping or something :S

i finally emailed my tutors about imparied performance, got confirmation for getting both boys into creche next semester and am about to fill out all my WFF and birth cert forms. whoop organisation

troutpout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutpout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:01pm
pinky where do you live in the hutt? I'm in maungaraki, I don't think there are too many nurses working in the hills. I got the call from plunkett nurse same time as you did today, her name is Pip I wonder if we have the same one?

Can't believe my wee girl is nearly a month old! Madness!
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:43pm
Well out first outing went well this morning, Lilla slept the whole way there, had a feed after an hour, a bit of awake time and then went back to sleep again! My dad is here tonight and tomorrow, but next outing is for her photo shoot on Fri, I hope things go just as well!
I havnt tried her in the Moby yet, shes never awake long enough to try it out! I keep meaning to though...
Oh and MW appointment went great, Lilla has put on another 300gms since sunday, taking her up to 4.550kgs, so 20gms off her birth weight. Yay my boobs are doing what they should!
Pinky are you coming to coffee group on Mon? Or Dennys on Sat? I cant wait to meet Alex!
Re the hearing test we did it in the hospital before we left the first time, Lilla did the 2nd one first as she had been on photo-therapy, she passed in 2 mins (literally!) they said it would take 20 mins!

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:25pm
MissA - Re shopping / groceries. Does your supermarket have the ones that fit capsules in them? It's just ours have the ones you can either put them in or the ones you can put the capsules in.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:31pm
Emma that weight gain is really good! Very pleased for you guys!!!
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:32pm
Renee some capsules don't fit into the trolleys, ours doesn't have the grooves for it iygwim!
I usually chuck my Lily in the frontpack!
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:48pm
Ill be at Bex' place again this monday so ill get to meet more ppl :) actually she is coming over 2mrw cos she has made some new tutu's and i wanna try get one for my neices bday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:54pm
oh wow nick - I dodn't know that. I never tried it with our capsule..
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 9:00pm
Yay Mon, I will get to meet you (all going to plan!)
Oh and at MW appointment today we had the contraception talk (after talking about vbacs.. didnt click that that would mean we had to wait to try for best chances of vbac!!) gave me a script for the pill and condoms, said to start using it from 3 weeks JIC!
I cant believe I hadnt linked the vbac with waiting to TTC.. Not that DH is keen anyway!

+1 May 09 Angel
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:59pm
emmi i would never have guessed about waiting to ttc and chances of vbac. interesting!
good job on first outing! :)

we had the contraception talk today too. options were condoms, depo or mini pill. MW said chance of falling pregnant while exclusively BF is slim but definately not reliable.

Alex has put on just a little more weight and is now 4.350kg. i thought he would be a bit more cos he feels sooo heavy!

i will be at bex place but prob be late again as my AN coffee group meets at 10am on mondays. I won't be able to make Dennys this time as my brother is visiting for the weekend.

TP i think my nurse is called Liz. i'm down in lower hutt just by the hospital. love your new profile pics too. jodie is gorgeous!

Edited by Pinkybar
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 12:30am
i think i need a sling... anyone know where i can go to get one? or are they mostly online? i was hoping to try some at a shop.

Vent...
i took alex out in the stroller for 1st time today. On way back I was stopped by a woman trying to sell me stuff for Alex. A teenage school boy ran past us and started yelling at us for taking up the footpath - there was still space to get around but he came from behind me so I never saw him coming to move for him anyway.
Well he yelled abuse all the way down the street and said I should be running like him not chatting on the street so I could work off my fat! Man, when did kids become like this?
Stupid woman who stopped me (who admittedly was a lot smaller than me) then said 'I still look like this and I've had 4 children'. OMG! Just what I wanted to hear! lol.

Edited by Pinkybar
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Pinkybar Pinkybar wrote:

i think i need a sling... anyone know where i can go to get one? or are they mostly online? i was hoping to try some at a shop.

Slings

Here is the facebook page of the sling group in Wellington

Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 2:34am
Babywearing is a great idea for supermarket shopping, much easier than carrying a heavy carseat around or sticking baby into an unhygenic shopping trolley. It makes it much easier when youve got other kids as well, or at least it has been in my experience.
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
Smelly_Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smelly_Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 7:51am
I got a unitysling one off trade me and its sooo good heres Unity Sling Trade Me thingy
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:44am
Good god what a night.
Lily was awake ALL night - reflux for sure as well, all she did was scream. The gavisgon seems to be helping a little bit, but I think we might need something stronger. I ended up collapsing in bed at 4am, Matt got up to sit with her and I cant believe it but he's gone back to bed! I did a 24hr awake stint and HE'S tired? all I can say to that is '...'
Thomas is being a pain in the arse as well. Its time to wean him off his dummy as well. Its driving me mental.
I still have to go get groceries ARGH.

Yea my capsule doesnt fit on the trolley - its a crap cheap job. I might just have to put her in the front pack - I dont have a sling, I dont like wearing them. When Thomas was a little fella, I made a trolley cover so he didnt pick up nasty germs from the trolleys, was really neat. Will be good to use it this time round when Lily is big enough for it.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:53am
Pinky the girls that started up the babywearing Wellington group come to coffee group so i'll see if they can bring some different carriers for you to have A look at.

Will see you later in today mon

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 9:03am
Alex good luck with the groceries, I hope if you are taking your kids, they behave!! The only thing with the front pack I can think of is they get hungry because their face is in your chest, they'll definitely let you know!!

Pinky, what b*tch! You get some right twats around too! We've had people push our pram out the way too it's like WTH there's a BABY IN THERE!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 626627628629630 772>