FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDentist / Tooth Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 9:42am
I had one of my wisdom teeth taken out and only had a local for it as well - I think it depends on whether it's an upper or a lower one. They like to use something stronger for the lower ones because of the way they grow or something??

Not much help, I hope you find someone to help soon!!
Sponsored Links

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 11:34am
I think a lot of it depends on where the nerve is. If it runs right through the bottom of the root, they have to be more careful and need a general. I had one of mine out with a local, but they couldn't do the other three that way and had to knock me out.

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 5:37pm
be carefull with cepacol / savacol mouthwashes as they discolour your teeth.

I really dont see why a dentist wont touch you we do PG women all the time we dont do gas or IV sedation but there is no reason why a dentist cant take a tooth out, local anasthetic it totally safe when PG as it disipates through the blood stream pretty fast its only intended to affect the area that its injected into, so doesnt affect the rest of the body.
the only reason a dentist wouldnt do it is like said above if the roots of the lower teeth are in the nerve pathway as this can cause nerve damage but theres no other reason why they cant.
they cant take xrays during the 1st trimester but xrays are fine after 20+ weeks, although in saying that i had a xray before i had a wisdom tooth out at 13 weeks

good luck

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
lottieandharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lottieandharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:50pm
I had a top and a bottom wisdom tooth out when I was 7 weeks preg with a local. Had terrible toothache, went to the Bealy ave after hours clinic at 8pm, half an hour later I was on my way home with both teeth out!!! Wasn't what I was expecting but was probably better as I didn't have time to get all worried about it!!!I

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12