FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 344>
Author
Happy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 6:55pm
HI girls
It was another bfn for me, am gutted!
Me 34 mod endo ,DP 35
August 08 IVF #1 BFN,
October 08 TER#1 BFP (hcg 25 - BFN),
November 08 TER #2 BFN,
June 09 IVF #2 BFN,
July 09 TER # 1 BFN
Aug 09 TER #2 BFN
NovI 09 IVF #3

Sponsored Links

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 7:27pm

Oh happy I'm so sorry to hear that. Big hugs to you.

5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Hope1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 11:24am
Oh Happy that just sucks- am so sorry to hear that- my heart goes out to you. This is such a tough journey. I hope you have more embies to try.

Hastie- will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I start gonal f tomorrow, egg collection week of 14th December. Have worse symptoms this time- physically and emotionally. Trying to keep some hope but am scared and sceptical now.
IVF #1 May 09- BFP then missed miscarriage at 8 weeks
TER Oct 09 BFN
IVF#2 Dec 09 BFN (1 emby only)
IVF #3 Donor- June 10 BFN (1 emby only!)
IVF #4 Donor- Nov 26th- 2 embies on board!
Tanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 3:54pm
Happy - so gutted for you, I think we all had our fingers crossed this time that those two embies would be the ones!
I know you mentioned you have 2 blasties on ice and was wondering if you read the post from purpleboon about having your uterus flushed with Lipiodol (which is poppy seed oil) and would try that? "Apparently it dramatically increased the chances of women with Endo and unexplained infertility getting pregnant."
You seem to make great embies but the little ones dont seem to stick,are you able to get some tests done about this?
Maybe you just need to grieve now and not have anyone (ie me) tell you to try something else but its just my heart goes out to you and I want you to get a BFP!
Happy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2009 at 8:32am
Hi girls
Tanners I ahve considered having it done and did take part in the study they are doing at the moment on it, but I wasn't choosen to have it done. It is something that I'm def going to prob have done next year before next fet. Am just worried because they ahve to dilate my cervix before tx's that it will hurt like hell....

Hope all the best for you with this cycle
Me 34 mod endo ,DP 35
August 08 IVF #1 BFN,
November 08 TER #2 BFN,
June 09 IVF #2 BFN,
July 09 TER # 1 BFN
Aug 09 TER #2 BFN
NovI 09 IVF #3

chiqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 7:21pm
Sorry to hear about your bfn happy. Don't lose hope.

I had EC yesterday. Ouchy.. I'm So happy to be over the injecting though. We got 9 eggs and 7 fertilised. Yay! It's way more than expected. At our first appt they said we may have to use donor eggs as Although I'm only 30 I have high FSH. So we are very happy to have 7. We are looking at transfer on monday.
How is everyone else doing?
Hastie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 8:55pm
wow chiqa that is great news with 7 fertilised, good luck for Monday.

Happy - sorry to hear your news

my 2ww ends tomorrow - not sure how i feel at the moment. no real symptoms of anything to give me a hint either way .... but our fingers are crossed that our lone egg will stick

ME 36 endo & blocked tube DH 34
TTC #1 for 3.5 years
IVF #1 Dec 09 - BFP then turned to a BFN a week later - only 1 egg collected, fertilised & implanted
next cycle dec 2010
Happy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 9:26pm
Hi girls
Well I sure do have an updat on me for you.... I managed to get an apt with my Fs yesterday late afternoon for a follow up apt. And he went all through my notes double checking and told me he really thought i should of been pregnant by now as all my embies/blasties have been top quality.... and then used the surrogate word yes surrogate! He said having endo doesn't effect ivf and the 2 reasons he feels surrogacey is the next step is cause I have difficult tx's and he now supects something wrong with my uterus, there is no way of knowing for sure!! He said we could continue as we have been doing and hope..... but my last 2 blasties are really good and feels it would be a waste to put then back in me..... I didn't even cry at the apt not till I got to my car then the water works started, I feel numb! I've called my Mum and she said she has been thinking that the last couple of tx's ..... and think's I should look into it..... I can't beleive I'm here at this stage ....and what a HUGE ask of someone to carry your baby.... I also am feeling gutted I'm never going to experience a pregnancy.... girls sorry for the downer of a post.
Me 34 mod endo ,DP 35
August 08 IVF #1 BFN,
November 08 TER #2 BFN,
June 09 IVF #2 BFN,
July 09 TER # 1 BFN
Aug 09 TER #2 BFN
NovI 09 IVF #3

Tanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:08am
Chiqa - great to hear you got 7 fertilise, good luck for transfer Monday!
Hastie - it is sounding good for you, fingers crossed for a BFP tomorrow.

Keep us posted, we are due for some IVF BFPs!

Happy - So sorry your last embies didn't stick and you are now having to look at such a HUGE and emotional option in surrogacy. No doubt you are still in shock right now as all of us would be. It seems alot of us end up going down a road we never thought we would have to - with IVF, egg donors or a surrogate.

Take care of yourself Happy, we are all thinking of you.
Hastie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 2:03pm
well i did get a BFP .... however i also have spotting which started this morning nothing major but need to repeat BT in a week and be on the watch out for any changes with spotting ....i am in shock as this morning i was sure it was going to be a negative.
TTC #1 for 3.5 years
IVF #1 Dec 09 - BFP then turned to a BFN a week later - only 1 egg collected, fertilised & implanted
next cycle dec 2010
Happy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 3:01pm
Hastie that is great new's all the best for a lovely healthy pregnancy!! x
Me 34 mod endo ,DP 35
August 08 IVF #1 BFN,
November 08 TER #2 BFN,
June 09 IVF #2 BFN,
July 09 TER # 1 BFN
Aug 09 TER #2 BFN
NovI 09 IVF #3

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 8:21pm

Congrats Hastie, it is nice to see a BFP! Take care, and hope all goes well with the BT next week.

Chiqa, 7 is great. Well done, at least you will know you have some 'back-ups' IF necessary. I hope they're not necessary for you and you can use them for #2,3 etc!!

Happy, WOW. Yep, that's pretty intense. Well done for keeping it together for so long! I don't know whether this is of interest to you, but this is what I'm doing prior to using my last 2 embies ...

On recommendations of others on this site, I've gone to Natural Fertility & Women's Health Clinic here in ChCh (and there's one in Akld). I've seen the naturopath, and apparently there are multiple reasons why embryo's don't stick - could be egg/sperm quality, disordered embryo, environmental etc, but they also said that there are some bacteria that can be found in the uterus which commonly causes miscarriage and embryo's not sticking (we've had 3 blasties and 2 day3 embies transferred unsuccessfully).

The naturopath is sending me for lots of bloods to test for all these things plus the usual FSH LH tests. I'm also doing a hair analysis to look at minerals I need or have too much of. She has recommended dietary changes (not major), and some remedies (which are specific to my needs i.e. I'm really low in zinc which is needed for fertility). She is going to focus on me for the next 3 months (given we've already got embies), will analyse all my test results and make more recommendations/remedies as needed, and will also give me some additional remedies to help implantation after transfer.

I don't know whether this may be an avenue persuing for you before going down the surrogacy route? You've probably got oodles to think of, but it's out there as an option. I know some people are very 'medical model' focussed, and understand if you are, but we are using it as a 'last chance' as we can't pay for any more private IVF cycles, and we don't hit the 'waitlist' for public funding til August 10 and then it's about a 12 month wait to start!

Hope this is some food for thought. There are others who have gone through this clinic too who could maybe share some info or thoughts too. Best of luck with your decision making, I hope you can take lots of time for you right now, as after hearing news like that it's really intense, and you'll need some pampering. Take care.

5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Hastie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 6:34pm
hi all

Chiqa - how did the transfer go, how are you feeling?

Happy - how are you coping with your news?

i am on bed rest this week as now bleeding rather than spotting. my hcg's went up a little at monday's test and i get retested again on Friday. hopefully this will have all calmed down and our blob will still stick in there.....not much more i can do from here on in but wait.....

thinking of you all and your journeys
TTC #1 for 3.5 years
next cycle dec 2010
chiqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 8:18am
Wow Hastie.... Take care and fingers crossed

My transfer went fine and now just the waiting...lol We went and had a lovely picnic in the rose gardens after.
I have been very sore from the EC though. I didn't feel a thing while they were doing it but was so painful the days after. Still a little sore now but they said as long as it gets better each day it's fine. I'm not liking the pessaries either...very messy!
Oh I hate waiting.. I was talking to my boss the other day about wether I'll be able to feel I'm pregnant or not. I think without all the meds you definatly can. I knew with my dd(12) after a week or so but the pessaries are making me feel like it anyway so I'm just trying not to think about it too much lol
Take care everyone
Tanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 10:12am
Hastie - hope you are holding up ok - I think as long as your hcg levels are climbing the little embie is sticking in there so hope the bed rest settles your little 'blob'.

Chiqa - great to hear you made it to the 2WW, fingers crossed for a BFP! Do you mind if I ask if you had1 or 2 embies put in at transfer, I know you mentioned you had 7 fertilise.
Hope1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 10:23am
Hi guys- day 8 of Gonal F for me today- went for BT and scan, lots of lovely 11-14 follicles which is great, another BT and scan friday so maybe egg collection on Sunday?

Hastie- good luck on bed rest- I was happy to hear your BFP!

Chica- fingers crossed for 2WW, do lots of lovely things!!

I should be finding out right on xmas so I dont know how that'll work!!

Happy hope your doing ok
IVF #1 May 09- BFP then missed miscarriage at 8 weeks
TER Oct 09 BFN
IVF#2 Dec 09 BFN (1 emby only)
IVF #3 Donor- June 10 BFN (1 emby only!)
IVF #4 Donor- Nov 26th- 2 embies on board!
chiqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 12:42pm
Tanners- I had only one put back as I'm only 30 and it's our first ivf. Some of our embies didn't make it but we now have 3 frozens.

Hope1- Wow that's heaps. Good luck for ec
Hastie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:24am
I am no longer pregnant, my hcg levels were 10 on the retest on friday so it didn't hold. what can i say - we are gutted especially starting with such positive news so close to xmas. well i guess life goes on, our next funded cycle is down at this stage for Dec 2010 and at this stage we are going till wait till then.

has anyone had anything to do with NZ adoption services or looked into this as an option? it is an option we are prepared to look into however from what i have read it is open adoption in NZ and not sure how i feel about this - has anyone been involved or knows of anyone - we would appreciate any info anyone has

take care chiqa and hope1 - look forward to hearing your results in due course.

thinking of evryone!
TTC #1 for 3.5 years
next cycle dec 2010
chiqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 8:54pm
Oh Hastie I'm so sorry to hear that. What a rollercoaster.
Stay strong and good luck for whatever you choose to do.
Tanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 10:02am
Hastie, am so gutted for you also, and really hope you are holding up ok.

As for the adoption services, maybe you could start a new thread on Ohbaby as I am sure there have been others that have looked into this option and can answer any questions.

Chiqa - thanks for sharing your info with me, how are you doing in your 2WW, fingers crossed for you.

Hope1 - good luck for your EC - hope it all goes smoothly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 344>