FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344>
Author
Rach5305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rach5305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 4:02pm
Hi everyone,

I am seeking out information on IVF and possibly hearing stories from other egg donors. I'm a 26 year old mother of a 7 year old and I have been asked to donate an egg to a long time friend who has exhausted all other means of conceiving. I would love to help her out if I am physically & emotionally able to complete the process of gifting her an egg but I only know what information FA has to read on there website. I'm a little nervous as its hard to properly understand the implications of donating an egg but I want more than anything to give my friend the joy of been a mum
Sponsored Links

tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:06pm
Just popping in to update those of you lovely people who are checking up on me

Unfortunately our last cycle resulted in only 1 viable embryo which was transferred on Day 2. Our BT was yesterday and it was negative.

5 cycles, 10 embryo's over 8 transfers, thousands of dollars later we have had 8 BFN's.

Our journey is now over. My life long dream of becoming a Mumma will not be. Time for me to set some new dreams and move forward.

We've battled for 3 1/2 years and whilst I don't want to accept it's over, in some ways it is almost like a weight is off my shoulders now all the anxiety and stress about TTC is over.

Good luck and baby dust to you at the different stages of your journey xx
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
BabyDreamz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyDreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 10:42pm
I'm so sorry Tischler. This brings tears to my eyes. Good luck on your new journey.

May I join you Face Book page Tiffany? I have recently had my 2nd round of IVF.
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 6:08am
baby, if you pm me or tiffany we will try and get you joined up with the group
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 5:55pm
Tischler, I'm so sorry.

It's been a long journey for you and you've been so supportive of others, I really wish you had the outcome you deserve.

I hope you have all the support you need as this sinks in. (I know what you mean about getting past the stress and anxiety though.)

If it helps, Fertility NZ have a support group in your area - you can contact via their website, I think it's www.fertilitynz.org.nz - including support for people who've finished their journey without the positive result .

Edited by catie
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 5:59pm
Hi Rach

FertilityNZ have a brochure on egg donation on their website: http://www.fertilitynz.org.nz/information/pdf-brochures/

good on you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 10:11am
Hi Catie,
How are you doing?

TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 6:01pm
Hi Rosie
Nice to 'see' you. We're battling on Had half a cycle a couple of months ago - all got too stressful
after last years MC etc, and called it off. But planning to grit out teeth and have one more go, probably October. Success rate is almost nil, but just feel like we need to have one final try before closing the door - avoid the future "what if's" - 'almost nil' isn't 'nil' IYKWIM.
How are things with you and your bub?
OneDay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneDay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 7:42pm
Hello

I'm Jamie. My husband and I are starting IVF soon. We have unexplained fertility, and nothing else has worked. The waiting list is so long, we are planning on paying for it privately. I've got so many questions, I always thought babies just happened but for us they dont.

I made a facebook account, I didnt have one but Id like to join the facebook group if its OK to have someone so new? I dont mind if its not.
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:29am
Hi Jamie,

Welcome to OHbaby!

I'm sure these lovely ladies will help answer all your questions!

We've got some great information here too which you may find helpful.

Let us know how your journey is going

Edited by skiltz - 12 February 2015 at 4:22pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:37am
Hi Catie,
Our wee man is almost 1 yr old, still pinch myself some days. He was my dream come true.
We are busy at the moment with spring and calving, he just loves been out on the farm helping me feed the calves.

I am so pleased we went down the HFL/adoption path.

Will be thinking of you in October and have everything crossed for you.

xxx

TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
debandtodd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debandtodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:20am
Hi Ladies, This is my first time on here I have gone through many pages looking for stories about experiences with ER under consious sedation. Unfortunitley I haven't seen anyone talk about it.
I am in the Canterbury area going through FA in Christchurch in about a weeks time I start my meds for the flare cycle. This is my first time doing IVF and I'm very anxious about ER. I was wondering if anyone could please put some light on the subject for me as I have read some horror stories elsewhere. All I want is for someone to tell me that there is nothing to feel anxious about and I wont even remember a thing. (Ideally)

Thank you so much to anyone that can help
weta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:56am
Debandtodd, I've been through egg collection once, and I am doing it again in a few days. The unknown is always a little frightening, and I'm sure your heart will be racing when you go in, as mine did. The good news is that it's not that bad. The drugs they give you are good. The drugs will calm you right down and will reduce any pain to a level that is usually just uncomfortable. I was eating a doughnut about an hour after the procedure.

You will be fine. Remember to keep on top of your panadol afterwards. I found if the panadol wore off it felt like bad cramps.
TTC since 2010

Me 37 & DH 48

Diminished ovarian reserve
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:57am
Hi debandtodd,

I can't offer you any advice or knowledge...but just wanted to say 'Welcome!'

We have an area on our website called OHbaby! Experts. Our Fertility Expert is Richard Fisher. Please feel free to ask him a question!

Wishing you all the best!

Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:35am
Hi debandtodd,

I had EC early July this year. I can hardly remember a thing from it. They give you some very nice drugs indeed! I do remember the start of the collection, and kind of like snap shots of part way through, but no recollection of being wheeled into recovery at all. I had a big snooze in recovery and then a bite to eat after waking. I had zero pain through the procedure, but absolutely second the comment about keeping on top of panadol afterwards. Take it on time even if you're not in pain at the time, as it has a cumulative effect.

Best of luck!

<
spanky77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:54pm
Hi Debandtodd, I've been through EC twice and like you was very nervous about it. well, sh*tscared to be precise.
The first time I was extremely panicky and it seemed to take ages to get the cannula in and the drugs pumping (and the wait before going in was excruciating, every time I heard footsteps outside in the corridor I lost my sh*t. It was a horrible experience (to the point of the drugs hitting my bloodstream anyway) although everyone in the theatre was really nice about it (I probably should clarify that this was completely my reaction and not a result of anything the clinic or procedure did). DP hated seeing me like that, made him feel very powerless, so this time I gave him some little things to make sure happened so he had some 'involvement'.
This time round was completely different. Wanting to avoid the same scenario (and I wonder if there was anything noted down on my panicky response from last EC which helped with this) I asked our FS before this cycle about whether I could have oral sedation (the same stuff they give intravenously) before this retrieval. He agreed and it was written into the plan I think. It did mean getting to the clinic 90 minutes before the retrieval was due to start, as they need you to be lucid to sign things on that day. I only had one pill, and got a bit woozy after about 15 minutes (empty stomach) and it was fine, I was even laughing with DP beforehand. I remember being a bit apprehensive before going into theatre but the drugs mess with your memory a bit, and it was a LOT easier this time.
They sit you on a big recliner chair like in the dentists, legs in stirrups (take warm socks) and some people apparently do feel the needle going in (I don't remember last time, but I remember it on one side from the first time). Everything is pretty numb, but if you do feel anything, you can have more IV goodness. You can watch the screen to see whats happening (if you want), and its usually all over in about 15 minutes, although its hard to get a sense of time.

Then you can go through to the recovery room area and doze in another recliner - this is usually the point your man goes off to do his bit - and you get tea and biscuits (or toast in AKL, not sure what ChCh bring you) brought to you. I think once you've been to the toilet, you're ok to go home. And agree with the panadol- just keep taking it every 4 hours certainly for the first day.

Hope this helps - its a horrible thing to anticipate it and even other people's accounts don't always match your own experiences. I'm happy to answer any questions (although might be better to PM as I don't check in here that often, but PM will email my usual email address I think) Either way, good luck with your cycle, its unpleasant but bearable (and hopefully worth it!)

Edited by spanky77
3x miscarriages, balanced translocation likely culprit.

BFP from 2nd round IVF, The Bonk born in May 2013
Naki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:25pm
Hi!

My hubby and I started our IVF journey this year. I have endometriosis which has resulted in my right tube being blocked and the left partially blocked. I also have a borderline AMH level of 7.9 which means I have less good quality eggs remaining in my ovaries than normally expected for my age. I am 27 and we have had no luck conceiving naturally over the last 3 years.

Our first cycle I was injecting Buserilin daily to down regulate. Unfortunately I had a follicle left over inside and this then turned into a functioning cyst. My estrogen level was measuring over 2000 when it should have been less than 100 at the time of my blood test! I had two trigger injections of Ovidrel over the space of a week to get rid of the cyst while still taking Buserilin but it just kept getting bigger and my estrogen level kept rising. The Dr made the call to postpone the cycle until the cyst has gone.

I will have a scan on Day 1 of my next cycle and (fingers crossed) if the cyst has gone we are going to start an antagonist cycle using Gonal F on Day 2 of the cycle and then start with Cetrotide on Day 6 to prevent any eggs from releasing prematurely. I understand an antagonist cycle is a lot quicker but I am worried as I have a borderline AMH level that I may not get many eggs or any good quality ones.

Does anyone find themselves in a similar situation or have any success with an antagonist cycle with low AMH level? Also interested in anyone that had a postponed or cancelled cycle due to a cyst as I was told this is quite uncommon. The Dr was perplexed with my reaction to Buserilin as my body seemed to react the opposite way to what it was supposed to. If the cyst does not go away naturally within 3 cycles I will have surgery to remove it and if surgery is required the Dr said it would be a good opportunity to possibly unblock my tubes to try and conceive naturally. Has anyone had tubal surgery?

Interested in hearing your stories...
OneDay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneDay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:06am
No but I have a friend who has Naki. She had fluid in her tubes, and they operated on that. She chose that because if they fixed it there was a good chance it would be fixed for good and she might be able to have more than one baby without more treatment. And she did, so it worked for her.
lilangel12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 5:32pm
Hi there,

this is my first time posting so please bear with me if I sound a bit "thick" or not up with it!

We are going to be going through IVF soon. have basically been told within the next six months.

i'm really nervous and even though i watched the DVD fertility associates gave us, i feel unprepared and not really sure what I have myself in for!

We have been trying for 2 years and we know that the reason we can't get UTD is sperm issues. the good news is there are some there, and the better news is I have come back all clear - although currently undergoing bloods to check my cycle as not too sure if i'm ovulating properly. i don't expect much to come of this since i'm pretty sure i got my period math all wrong! (funny the things you learn after two years!)

i guess my immediate questions are... how bad do the injections hurt?? are the mood swings tolarable?

Egg collection - what do you actually feel?

in the lead up do you stop alcohol like right now 9even though you have no idea of the date you will be starting - some lovely people have said if its a special occasion don't stress it will be fine, but it seems there are alot of special occasions coming up and i don't want to do anything that could stop us from falling pregnant!

anyways just thought I would introduce myself, and hope that I can be some support to people as well, its a lonely thing really, people don't talk about it much, so it will be nice to have a place to come :)

p.s hopefully this has come through in the right place!!!
OneDay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneDay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 2:05pm
I'm the same lilangel, I've seen the DVD and read stuff but still aren't sure what to expect.

I've stopped having any alcohol now even though we're not sure when we're starting either - and coffee, tea and chocolate too. I hear different things from different people but I just want to give it the best chance I can so I thought I'd be safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344>