FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10331034103510361037 1631>
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 7:20am
I got a chocolate frappe on the way out, prefer Starbucks Caramel ones nom nom

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 8:05am

How long did you guys stay for?!  Have to agree fleur, nothing beats a starbucks frappe

Whatd you get for dinner Lorna?

Milla slept 11 hours then had a big feed then fell asleep during the burping, so is back down, weird for her!

DF is home sick today, he must really feel like rubbish because hes not a person to take a day off work! poor dude.

Space today

LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 8:42am
Had a long night with Alex, she went to sleep at 8pm and woke really upset at 12, took a wee while to settle her and I decided to co-sleep, which was a good idea as she was upset most of the night, the dummy is a big issue, I want to get the 5 month imms out of the way before ditching the dummy, but I also think it might be something else as she went straight to crying, usually shes doing lots of mouthing noises before grizzling

She hasnt poo'd in a while, its fairly normal for her but I might help things along today with brown sugar and water! And as Im awake, might pop to plunket and get her weighed before paft at 11am

Another lovely day in Auckland

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:20am
had a terrible night - silvia woke at 1am and i could tell she had vomited at some point but decided it was too small to change her and the sheets, she then woke at 5am...both times she fed for over 15mins. then she woke at 5.45 - dh had not heard me get up either time so i asked him to get up and he managed to settle her and she woke at 8.30!!! however after getting up twice in the night i feel much worse today so no SPACE for me i think i might venture out to get our new vaccum cleaner but thats it.
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:53am
The poo is here! but also
I gave Emily some water with brown sugar yesterday and she had 60ml of it! and then we fed her some Watties apple with prune juice last night. This wasn't the first food I wanted for her but never mind, it seemed to have done the trick.

Sounds like there are a lot of sick bubbas out there at the moment.

Lorna, what is the problem with the dummy for Alex?
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:54am
ugggh, as much as I will not miss the discusting muggy heat of summer, I am not enthused about winter and cold either! I'm not going to SPACE today, as I feel like I have razor blades in my throat, we even lit the fire last night!
I think my poor bubba might have caught my cold too, she has been coughing a bit and has now been asleep for more than 2 hours, which is not like her at all!
Feeling very sorry for myself.
Oh well, never one to turn down a duvet day, was quite cute this morning, P and I snuggled in our bed for about half an hour or so watching Seasame Street. Yay! for tv four having that on!!!

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:08am
These lovely clear days are nice.
Catherine woke at 12 and I gave her her dummy but then she really wanted food at 3am, think I prefer the midnight feeds if she wakes tonight at the same time I'm going to feed her and see if she'll sleep thru till 7am, then I get two 6 hour stretches out of her better for me.

Eating prunes helps, I had chilli con carne last night for tea, little miss was burping and farting all night. Guess its better out than in.

Osteopath at Mother's support group today. Should be interesting.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
werty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:25am
People who have used saline drops in bubs' nose to help with congestion- do you have to syringe it out again? Poor Lachie is very blocked and cant suck his thumb!

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:28am
erin no i have just tipped her head back and dropped them in and then hoped it works!!!! she is not as blocked up as she was so i think it worked!

to the poo susi but at least it came

i don't think the change in weather has helped. hopefully we get over it soon
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:40am
change of seasons always brings colds and flu, hope all the mums and babies are feeling better soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:54am
Dummy is an issue because she is wanting it all the time but thats not my major concern right now

Just back from plunket and Alex has lost weight, she was 6.2kgs and now shes 6.09kgs have to go back in 2 weeks and if theres no change, a trip to the doctor asap

She said not to feed her in the night as she is sleeping thru but to try and increase my milk, so nursing tea and complan etc might start feeding her at 7am and then go back to sleep FX

silvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:57am
to the weight loss lorna. any chance of different scales so its not correct?

finally got silvia to sleep - she was so tired but resisting her cot. now i need some sleep - lets hope she is down for 2 hours and not 45mins
werty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:00am
Oh that's no good, Lorna. Hope you can boost your milk supply - hopefully she'll more than make up for it next weigh in.

Fingers crossed for a big sleep, Lucy!

bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:17am

Lorna that sucks, has sher just not seemed hungry? or perhaps thats why she has been grumpy (was it you saying she had been grumpy?) Milla has recently been feeding at 730 and then going straight back for another 3 hour sleep so maybe try the feed and you still get to sleep in - i have some nursing tea i dont intend to use if you want to try it.

to get your milk up perhaps use her comfort sucking on the dummy - feed her instead of putting the dummy in and you're boobs will bounce back quickly  - lol at the word bounce.

Harry_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:45am
hello everyone!

long time no chat, sorry to hear about all of the sick bubs, hope they all get better soon.

Lucy - what sleep routine bok are you using again? my SIL is interested in the recommended 'total hours of daysllep' that it recommends for bubs betewwn 3 and 4 months

fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:46am
to the sick mummies and babies, hope everyone gets better soon.

Lorna, hope Alex puts the weight back on soon. You could try the lactation cookies and maybe the comfort sucking like Alyssa suggested.

Erin, the education session that I learnt about the saline drops said not to suck it out.

Felix has started to need feeding again overnight which is a bit frustratng, but I guess if he needs it he needs it. Hopefully he stops it again soon. Went to rock & rhyme again today and now a very tired little boy asleep in my bed as I had washed his sheets this morning but hadn't had a chance to make the cot again. Quite cute really.
Harry_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:48am
whoa my one handed BF typing is rubbish!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:50am
Same scales and she hasnt had a poo in days, so I would say its a bigger weight loss, more 200gs.

Have the nursing tea thanks Alyssa and will try the more boob less dummy, have one sore nipple but will clench my teeth lol And will attempt to bake some cookies this arvo

Harry_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:53am
went to my 1st space session last friday....you guys are right th singing is pretty cringeworthy... I am also the only mum there who is BF others are all FF, pretty embarassing having to be only person needing to flop their boob out while we sitting round the mat

Harry_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:54am
lorna i find pumping helps increase my supply also good if you have sore nipple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10331034103510361037 1631>