FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC #1 and under 30yrs old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 314>
Author
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 4:42pm
Thanks for sharing your story Jane Your welcome to chat anytime

FX it is pregnancy weight MrsMJD
TTC for 4 1/2 years
IVF #1 - April 2012 short BFP, no frosties
IVF #2 - August 2012, BFP!! 3 frosties!

Sponsored Links

CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2010 at 5:24pm
Hi MrsMJD, what a great thread idea its nice to know there are so many people out there in the same situation

This TTC stuff can be so stressfull! Like the rest of you I thought it was just happen straightaway as it has for many of my friends. I am 25 and my DH is 31 we have been married just over 1 year and started TTC in Oct 09 in cycle 5 at the moment. We know it is still early days but I just worry that something might be amiss so in couple more months we will go and get some tests done just so we know..

I am also trying to loose weight at the moment 4kg;s down I find that is really takes my mind off trying to conceive and makes me feel good about myself.....I am much more realxed this month than last month, I look it pretty hard when I got my AF.

Ladybee totally with you on the comments from friends I told one in confidence know they all know, I am off to a party tonight and wont be drinking and I just know what they will be thinking, its really hard to handle. The only thing worse than not being UTD is people thinking you are - also getting pressure from parents.......but we just have to hang in there as it will happen

I have a good friends who just had her 12 week scan and she has been trying for 5 years, so happy for her!
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:01am
Wow this is amazing, there are way more of us than I thought. and such similar but varied stories. Jane I can't believe you have to be on the waiting list that long!! I know that there are a lot of people needing help but it just seems so wrong.
Candybear I hope your journey is short.
My boss had her baby yesterday and my sisters friend had hers late friday night. 2 healthy baby boy's. I'm so very happy for them both. My suspicious side hopes that they've freed up some fertility mojo for the rest of us lol.

Another day of waiting for me,
VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:31am
Hey Jax!!!
Long time no chat! Yip it is a hard slog alright, but YAY to IVF in a couple of weeks... how exciting! You'll have to keep me updated Or maybe I need to do more lurking? lol.
I have absolutely everything crossed for you and congrats on losing over 5kgs!!

MrsMJD, maybe a couple of brisk walks will help budge those little gains and start the loss ball rolling?
I'm doing the C25K and am loving it!! Found it's been great for my weight loss but also it has totally put me in the right headspace for my weight loss journey.
Yay to two healthy boys, fingers crossed your suspicion about the fertility mojo is right!

Hi Jane You are so right, infertility sucks no matter what age! I get the "at least you are young" line alot too...
And I think, we are SO lucky we started trying when we did.
Where abouts in NZ are you? I've never heard of a waiting list being 20 mths long?
I thought the 12-13mth wait we will have when I lose this weight is long enough! Although I was initially told it was 12-18 mths.

Hi Candybear! Congrats to your friend on her pregnancy, how exciting for her! and yay for losing 4kgs, that's awesome

Edited by wishin41
Formerly Wishin41
shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 2:27pm
Hi all, great to know there is others in my situation. Was starting to think it was just me that didn't get UTD first cyle. Seems everyone around me has.

I am 27, DH 28, married 12 months. TTC since Oct 09. I know it isn't that long in the big scheme of things, but my god it has felt like forever. AF arrived yesterday, another big sigh!!

Nice to read everyones stories and have people going through the same thing as me. Keep posting ladies, and good luck!!!
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 2:29pm
Yeah wishin41 it's totally about the exercise. I just need to "man-up" and go do it rather than finding lame-o excuses
The walking sounds like it's doing good things for you which is awesome!!!

Not feeling great this arvo, super tired with a sore back and achy lower abdo which means AF might be on her way. Hoping it's just some overlap symptoms as tummy has been squiffy and (.)(.) are still sore.

Might go have a nap. Hugs guys.
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:20pm
*put's hand up* I will have some of that fertility Mojo

MrsMJD, Napping, sore boobies, funny tummy Hmmmm sounding like some pretty good Pregnancy symptoms.....FX for you hun

Hi Shellz Grrr to AF

CandyBear, how was the party, get any funny looks..?
wow so happy for your friend
TTC for 4 1/2 years

CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:32pm
sounds good MrsMJD but I know how you feel - you dont want to get to exceited, but I have my fx for you

Lady Bee yip got quite a few stares leaving the party at 9pm but I am starting to get over it now. Its just so odvious as I used to be quite the animal and have done a total 360 in the past 6 months. They can think what they want

Thanks everyone for sharing - it is so nice to know that there are people out there going thorugh the same thing.

sorry to hear you just got your AF shellz, you have been trying for the same time as me, even though it is not that long it does not make getting your AF any easier
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:50pm
LOL CB you have a great attitude
Your ticker says its OV day bet your busy tonight
TTC for 4 1/2 years

CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 6:54pm
Well I think I ovulated on Thursday? I got a pretty dark opk (was not 100% sure though) as it was the first day I sarted testing then got negiative results the last two days......it was three days earier than last time is that normal? or does your ov date change each month? This is only my second month using opks..

But just to be safe we will def be busy tonight
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:06pm
From your first positive OPK Ovulation should occur between 24 - 36 hrs some say as early as 12 hrs
and is best to BD the 3 days after OV just in case

Do you get any other signs? eg OV pains, EWCM

I think Ovulation day can change cycle to cycle, you may have a shorter cycle this time but Im not the best person to ask
TTC for 4 1/2 years

CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:58pm
Thanks Ladybee, you know more than me

I dont get any ov signs that I have noticed so far but have done plenty of BD so hopefully we have it covered!

I am thinking I might try charting next month so get a better idea of my cycle but its always 28/29 days but it would be nice to a better idea about my fertile days.
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:19pm
Hi ladies,

I'm new to this site so pretty inexperienced, lol.

I am 28 and my DH is 38 and we have been married a year. For me, having a family was always something I wanted and a "dream" for me. I was always so scared that something would prevent me from achieving that dream so didn't want to leave it too late.
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:23pm
Ok, sorry message sent before I'd finished.

Anyway so we started trying in November last year (09) and to my absolute surprise (my periods have always been a bit weird) I got pregnant pretty much straight away.

But (very) sadly wasn't mant to be :( Had 9 week scan and baby all good. Then 13 week scan we hoped to find out sex of baby and instead weyou gore told baby had died a week prior. Gutted.

So...we start again. And the crazy thing is people say that I'll have no problem be because it happened fast first time. But to me it makes no difference - am still so scared it might not happen...
CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 7:57am
Hi Smiles,

Great to have you join in and so sorry for your mc that must be pretty tough I could not image having not gone through that myself...GL for this month I am sure it wil happen soon

There are loads of threads you can join in on - I am currenlty in the TWW thread, have my fx that this month it will happen!
JaneW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 9:57am
Hey wishin41,
We are in Tauranga so are going through the hamilton clinic, initially they said to us it was a 14-16 month waiting list at our first appointment, and it was only about 2 weeks after that they sent us the letter saying it was 20 months! I would have thought they would have given us the worst case scenario first, so I was actually thinking ooh maybe it will only be a year or something. Needless to say we were not happy, but getting used to the idea now and are looking into buying our first house just so we have another focus in our lives, otherwise I'm gonna go crazy!
I do wonder though....if you just get put at the end of the list or if they bump you up depending on your age, fertility level etc. The unfair thing if that was the case is that we are both healthy and ready to do ICSI, and we have a problem that isn't fixable and our chances of falling pregnant naturally are less than 5%!

Smiles so sorry to hear of your miscarriage, that must have been so devastating, hope you get your BFP soon hun.

Shellz_10, I so understand you saying it seems like everyone around you gets pregnant first cycle! I think that is the hard thing about ttc when you are younger, so many friends around you do seem to get utd super quick!I had about 3 friends all pregnant within weeks of one another, we had all started ttc around the same time, they have all had their babies now! But don't worry there are perfectly healthy people out there who it just takes a little longer too, a girl I worked with was ttc for a year for her first baby, and then fell pregnant in her first cycle for her second so you just never know really ay!

Candybear that is so great about your friend, 5 years is a long time! Comments from friends and family do make it tricky sometimes, can't a girl have a sober night without all the pregnancy comments?
It definitely makes you a lot more sensitive to other people who might be ttc, I know I'm always careful not to make comments now that people used to say to me and it would drive me nuts! Examples being....'oh well at least you get to have fun trying, I didn't even get that chance, I got pregnant first go!', and 'it'll happen, you just have to forget about it, that's what my friend did...'

Anyone else have well meaning advice and comments given to you that drives you nuts?
VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 10:19am
How tough for you Jane... I can't believe your wait! That's good you can focus on buying a house! How exciting!
As far as I know, it's a first on first served situation with the waiting list.
Formerly Wishin41
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 10:54am
Wow this thread has really taken off over the weekend. Was feeling a little exposed for a while there with only 4 posts and 100 views.
Always nice to know you aren't the only one struggling through this TTC journey.
Jane what a crazy long wait for you, good thinking to shift your focus while you wait it out.
Smiles big hugs to you, I know how much of a shock that is make sure you look after yourself and don't be afraid to grieve your loss, the biggest mistake I made was trying to bottle it all up.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 5:58pm

I'm blown away by you all! What an amazing bunch of strong women to be sharing this journey with!!

I'm still waiting....dum dee do. Other than tired there's nothing much going on which is a good thing (no AF) and a bad thing (no classical pregnancy symptoms). Have decided to test on Thursday. It's so in Gods hands now.

Jane my heart goes out to you All the best for this cycle. I totally understand that worry, it's a hard one to let go of too.

LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 8:08pm
Hi Smiles, love your username Lol makes me smile

Jane - yay for looking into buying your first home, its so much fun buying things for your new home etc
GL, I hope you find the perfect one.
Dh is a builder so everyone elses homes are built apart from our own The plan is for a 2012 build so FX we stick to it

edited beause I re read your post MrsMJD and It answered my question lol

Edited by LadyBee
TTC for 4 1/2 years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 314>