FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC #1 and under 30yrs old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 314>
Author
Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 9:46pm
Everyone on here is so lovely :) Thanks for your comments!

What I've realised from what I've been through is that everyone has their own story and experience with regard to pregnancy...and although there are many different issues that can arise, every issue is significant to the person going through it. Whether it be not being able to conceive, or having miscarriages..it's all hard...it all hurts.

I thought I was so blessed when I got pregnant straight away. But nothing (and I mean nothing) can prepare you for that moment when you have your 13 week ultrasound, hoping to find out whether it's a boy or a girl...and the person doing the ultrasound says "we're going to have to be philosophical about this" and tells you that despite hearing/seeing a heartbeat 3 weeks prior, your baby has died. One of the hardest things I think I've ever been told - sobbed my heart out. Thought I'd never stop crying...but I did...and each day got easier. And I'm still determined to try again, be positive and optimistic that one day I'll have a "healthy" baby.

For everyone out there who is going through their own sad pregnancy (or non pregnancy) story, my heart goes out to you. It's tough, it really is. But the best thing is the love and support from people around you and people on websites like this...it's just so lovely people can come together and share their stories and support each other in our journey to become mums.

:)

Sponsored Links

shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 8:51pm
Hi all, just wanting some feedback on charting? I did it for the first 5 cycles but then figured if we were doing "it" every 2nd or 3rd day surely we wouldn't miss OD. Also how do you get the "tickers" along the bottom of the posts?

(Spot the new kid!)
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 8:58pm
HI Shellz
Just click on someones ticker you like or google tickers, make one up and copy the BB code or the code with [IMG] at the start. Up the top of the page is "profile" button click and add your ticker in the box, press preview ticker to check it worked is so click save and it should appear after every post. make sure you tick the show signature box above post reply
Hope that helps
TTC for 4 1/2 years
IVF #1 - April 2012 short BFP, no frosties
IVF #2 - August 2012, BFP!! 3 frosties!

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 9:13pm
Hi everyone,

I'm quietly starting to get excited now but an determined not to test till thursday, only day until the weekend I'm at home. Don't want to test at work.
Not sure how I'm feeling or if what I'm feeling is pg symptoms. Thats one hard thing about TTC#1 you have no reference point. I know every pregnancy is different but after your first you can at least say things like "I felt similar to this last time it's looking good" or "Not getting hopes up doesn't feel like last time"

Anyways I'm off to bed. Hugs to all.
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 9:16pm
FX MrsMJD
TTC for 4 1/2 years

CandyBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 10:06pm
oh exciting MrsMJD have all my fingers crossed.........sorry shelzz I have no idea about charting - i have used opk's but am going for the BD'ing every second day approach next month
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 3:42pm
Hey ladies...

Im 26 and DH 31 and we are TTC #1 again. My journey is similar to didi’s…I can’t remember when I came off the BCP it may have been end of 07 beg 08. Got pg Sept '08 but unfortunately found out at our 12week scan bubs had died at 9weeks. We were absolutely devastated!!! Took us sometime to get back on the wagon with getting my body back to some normality and we are currently on our 7th cycle TTC. Just last month had CD21 bloods and Im ov which I was so happy about as had been temping for a couple of months and it didn’t look like I had been. Fx I keep ov from now on! Got to get DH tested and then we can get referred on the fertility associates.

Im also on the weighloss journey, MrsMJD well done on the 20kg loss! How did you do it?
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 3:52pm
So after my super determined post last night I caved to peer pressure (the girls at work are FAB) and tested this morning. BFN using a quickcard. No AF either. So still waiting... waiting. If AF arrives (I still hope not) I'm going to start charting as well as using OPK's. It can't hurt right.
Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

Smiles that must have been so hard for you, thank you for reminding me how lucky I have been to not experience something like that (touch wood), it hurts me that you had to though.

I met my Bosses new baby today (just 4 days old) he's just beautiful. I got to have cuddles! The emotions that went with that were so weird, such joy for them and a niggly sadness/disapointment that I'm not there yet.
I know it's silly and that my time will come but I guess that BFN knocked me this morning and I'm feeling quite out to sea with my emotions.
didi99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didi99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 3:56pm
to AF MrsMJD mine did the couple of days late trick this month too, so miserable getting your hopes up like that.
Angel Babies Nov 09, May 10, Dec 10
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 4:07pm
No AF didi just a BFN shes still in the running
MrsM you should try a discover test they are way more sensitive than quickcards ( around 20 for 2 tests tho so they are expensive )

Wantabub, nice to see you here
TTC for 4 1/2 years

LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by shellz_10 shellz_10 wrote:

Hi all, just wanting some feedback on charting? I did it for the first 5 cycles but then figured if we were doing "it" every 2nd or 3rd day surely we wouldn't miss OD.

Hi Shellz, from what I gather with charting and this is my only 2 month doing it, is that charting detects ovulation AFTER you have ovulated and can predict pregnancy with sustained high temps. It gives you a good indercation on how your cycles are and your LP etc
I really like charting, it has given me a good overall look at my cycle
If you want to bd every seccond day do OPK s once they are positive do it everyday for 3 days to be sure.

TTC for 4 1/2 years

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 4:16pm
If no AF by the weekend I'll test again I couldn't do the daily thing I think I'd go crazy lol.
Hi ya wantabub, sorry to hear about your loss, it's nice to see you here. FX for this month!!! I'm doing weight watchers and love it, I want to be a leader once I make it to lifetime membership.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 4:34pm
Wow good on you MrsMJD, I was thinking of giving it another go but my give myself a couple of months to do it on my own otherwise I'll give WW another go! Thats an awesome goal to work towards being a leader! When I was going to a WW meetings we had an old lady but she wasn't very good. Im hoping losing some weight will help us with TTC.
shellz_10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellz_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 9:11pm
Thanks LadyBee, wow, amazed at all the "tickers" available and the fact that there is even such a thing!

Thanks ladies for the feedback on charting. Its good to hear the thoughts of others who are going through the same frustrations as me. I never would have thought that ttc was such an involved complicated and tough journey. You are all such a positive bunch of people!!

For those that do chart and use FF, what does it cost for a VIP membership?

FX MrsMJD
Baby #1
13 months in the making!

I
LadyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 9:39pm
Its not much but I dont use it....I think its $45us for a year.....? Once you join you get a months free trial of VIP then it will give you the chance to pay for it or use the free basic version
Free is all good
TTC for 4 1/2 years

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 9:42am
I use the VIP, I think it cost around $25NZD for 3months! I really like the VIP But hopefully thats the last time I need to buy it
Tinkerbelle83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 7:21pm
Hi girls

Just found this thread and there are so many stories like mine! I'm 26 and DH is 27. Met when we were 23 & 24 and we talked about babies straight away (he also has a son, nearly 5) and he pretty much pestered me all the time to start having kids :) I wanted to do the traditional thing and wait till we were married. So, just before the wedding in Nov 08 I went off the Depo injection and AF came in March 09. Decided to wait until July 09 though as we went overseas for 6 weeks. So... we finally started trying July 09. Found out I was pg in Sept 09 but unfortunately MC at 8 weeks in Oct. Started trying again and got pg on next cycle after MC. Found out I MC again at 12 weeks (this was just a month ago and a missed MC).

Was devastated after losing second bubs but keeping positive and AF just arrived yesterday 3.5 weeks after D&C. fx for this cycle but MC's really take the innocence out of being pg so I know I'll worry the whole time :(

Like everyone else, we thought it would be easy because we are young, and I'm starting to hate the saying "at least you're young".

It's so disheartening when there are pg people around you. My younger sis (23) had an unplanned pg with her first when she was 19 and just had her second. Then her partner said the other day that they had a bit of a scare and thought they were pg again!! I love my nieces to bits but just want one of my own.

Good luck to everyone and it's nice to share experiences and know we're not alone :)

3 precious Angel babies - Oct 09, Feb 10, June 10
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 8:02pm
Welcome Tinkerbelle (love the name).
I can't even begin to imagine the pain you have been through. Fingers crossed for this time.
As for me I'm still a waiting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 5:14pm
Welcome Tinkerbelle, so sorry to hear you’ve been though a tough time. (((Hugs))) to you!

Yeah I hate the 'oh your young' ... so what????? It suppose to make you feel better, I don't think so!

It totally sucks that the innocence has been taken out of being pg and I know I'll be super paranoid next time.

I hope you get your healthy and super sticky BFP real soon.
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 5:17pm
Hi everyone, nice to see all of you under 30s on here

Im in a bit of limbo too MrsMJD, I had spotting for 4 days last week but certainly not a proper period. Test yesterday BFN. I have no idea where I am at at all

Going to see the doc soon (AGAIN) after I test next week if its negative, I have been through tests for PCOS before and they said I didn't have it but my cycle is screwed.

Sigh. Clearly being young doesnt make that much of a difference lol
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 314>